• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stopped by the huge barricade before you reach the counters issit? I dint see any signs yet though I went in last night.. probably too dark to see

Today went in jb via tuas. Sg car was stopped one by one n they recorded my car plate and pointed a sign mentioned VEP ... looks like they doing survey etc n vep is coming real soon .

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something very fishy here. Country garden only pay rm5 psf for the reclaimed land

image.jpg

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone is hard up for money. Looks like our decisions not to purchase sunway properties turn out to be right. No fight at all

indeed, but not just sunway properties, all purchase should hold and wait for this forest city. Their reclamation will make the access to the straits Very difficult, no wonder a uem agent told me all her colleagues very worried about forest city, will jeopardize all their projects in nusajaya, especially the coastal ones along the straits. And the reason why the gov wants to sabo their own developments along the straits is beyond me....

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
indeed, but not just sunway properties, all purchase should hold and wait for this forest city. Their reclamation will make the access to the straits Very difficult, no wonder a uem agent told me all her colleagues very worried about forest city, will jeopardize all their projects in nusajaya, especially the coastal ones along the straits. And the reason why the gov wants to sabo their own developments along the straits is beyond me....

CG definitely not developing this for Singaporeans. Suspect they cut deal to sell to their own kind.
Mini shanghai in the making.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
CG definitely not developing this for Singaporeans. Suspect they cut deal to sell to their own kind.

The more foreigners invest in the project (such as PRC & Jap), the more the MY govt will be prudent when making U-turns.

Personally, I think it is not a bad thing to have more foreigners buying and living in JB. I heard that Lang Walker (Senibong Cove) was introduced to JB by Robert Kuok, and for all we know, Robert may have introduced some of the PRC groups as well.

PRCs especially are known for being vocal, and are certainly not afraid to voice their opinions aloud.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more foreigners invest in the project (such as PRC & Jap), the more the MY govt will be prudent when making U-turns.

Personally, I think it is not a bad thing to have more foreigners buying and living in JB. I heard that Lang Walker (Senibong Cove) was introduced to JB by Robert Kuok, and for all we know, Robert may have introduced some of the PRC groups as well.

PRCs especially are known for being vocal, and are certainly not afraid to voice their opinions aloud.

Tanjong pelepas will be port of call for the Chinese navy. There is lots of politics in play here.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
My only wish is for them to do it slowly, plan carefully before execute. What R&F and CG did on the other side of Johor is definitely not what I want to see again. We are not chinaman and we don't want to pack with the other 77 blocks of 'luxury' condo owner. We are already beyond that in sg and we are looking for a lifestyle.

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal

Their own kind are not even buying in their homeland. That's where u get all the ghost city.
It will be another ghost cities if they r selling to themselves.

Or we should call ghost island.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
My apologies if this had been shared previously, but I thought the article (which I first read in the ST) was mightily interesting, esp on setting up a new CIQ.

https://cgpvforestcity.wordpress.com/category/forest-city-project-faq/

Will the reclaimed island have a direct link to the second bridge to Singapore, located nearby?

Yes. It is our hope and part of our long-term plan that the reclaimed land will have a direct link to the second bridge to Singapore. However, it will involve setting up of a new CIQ. Furthermore, we are studying the requirements of setting up the new CIQ.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Likely to make it easily to market their future marina.
Easy link to the surrounding countries without going to the main CIQ.
Not a bad idea.
Malaysia govt should make CIQ easily accessible throughout the coastal area

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Likely to make it easily to market their future marina.
Easy link to the surrounding countries without going to the main CIQ.
Not a bad idea.
Malaysia govt should make CIQ easily accessible throughout the coastal area

A CIQ that can only be accessed through Forest City sounds v cool indeed, and will help to sell their condo units. Maybe they can even build a giant entertainment complex that includes ahem, an 'integrated resort' in 1 of the 4 islands? That will be a sure money-spinner, and being an island, they can argue that the side effects of 'integrated resort' can be contained.

icedman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is third best place to retire
Was reading property guru. Malaysia has been voted the world’s third best place to retire based on International Living’s Annual Global Retirement Index for 2014.

Malaysia came in behind Ecuador, Mexico and Panama, but was ahead of all retirement destinations in Asia. Other Asian nations included in the index, although way behind Malaysia, were Thailand, the Philippines and Vietnam.

Under the caption “Malaysia – Great Value for Money in a Cultural Melting Pot”, the index noted that more and more expats see the amazing opportunities offered by Malaysia each year.
“The country has one of the most robust economies in Asia, and this is reflected in the consistently high standard of living available to locals and expats alike. It’s just one of many factors that led to it being ranked the highest Asian nation in this year’s index,” it shared.

Why is Malaysia a great places to retire?

Quality of life within the country is considered to be excellent and cost-efficient.
Explore innumerable natural, historical, and cultural treasures that Southeast Asia has to offer.
The proliferation of cheap Asian airlines in recent years has made it easier (and more affordable) than ever to explore Thailand, Indonesia, India, and Japan. In Malaysia, Asia is truly at your doorstep”.

International Living cites the example of Thomas O’Neal, a New Yorker who lives in Penang.
“I rent a 1,600-square-foot apartment with an amazing pool, just five minutes’ walk from the ritzy Gurney Plaza shopping mall,” O’Neal is quoted as saying.
“It costs me just US$ 850 (RM3,000) a month. I don’t need a car, either, so I’m saving money left, right, and centre. I love the weather – 82 degrees Fahrenheit on average – and the ease of getting to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos. When you combine that with a cost of living of US$ 1,500 (RM5,295) per month, including my rent, it’s almost unbeatable.”

Nonetheless, International Living informs potential retirees that “ultimately no list or formula can automatically deliver the best destination for you. Only you can decide that”.
“Only you can assess your personal preferences, needs, budget and desires, and look at the options available to see which nation best suits your needs”.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
International Living cites the example of Thomas O’Neal, a New Yorker who lives in Penang.
“I rent a 1,600-square-foot apartment with an amazing pool, just five minutes’ walk from the ritzy Gurney Plaza shopping mall,” O’Neal is quoted as saying.
“It costs me just US$ 850 (RM3,000) a month. I don’t need a car, either, so I’m saving money left, right, and centre. I love the weather – 82 degrees Fahrenheit on average – and the ease of getting to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos. When you combine that with a cost of living of US$ 1,500 (RM5,295) per month, including my rent, it’s almost unbeatable.”

wahlau!!! survive on US$650 = S$850 = rm2200 exclude rental

probably without a family

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.