• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only have 1 home completed cannot refinance loan or cashout - HDB not flexible in this regard. Even private loan with bank for HDB also cannot refinance to take cash out.

Under con property refinance not worth it if within lock in period.....

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi dont own you anything,if he guide you its a bonus,we are all adults here,we should be able to make our own decisions and end of the day whom to blame if things goes wrong,btw who no need to feed family here.I never go to wuqi,but I respect him,as he is the1st few to go in.

Highflyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi dont own you anything,if he guide you its a bonus,we are all adults here,we should be able to make our own decisions and end of the day whom to blame if things goes wrong,btw who no need to feed family here.I never go to wuqi,but I respect him,as he is the1st few to go in.

yeap.... nobody own nobody here. ctsbh need to be BAN from this forum. Base on my observation, his motive is clear. To disrupt and make this forum a playground for him. Wuqi, i respect your patient and tolerance on naivete on some forumers here. However, is time you stop this ass-hole from hurting this forum further.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The low traffic in these forum finally force the moderator to act. But bear in mind my fellow forumers, these WUQI is not a good guide.. Money count.

Dont blame others for ur failure.

Take responsibility for ur own folly.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The low traffic in these forum finally force the moderator to act. But bear in mind my fellow forumers, these WUQI is not a good guide.. Money count.

Hei unlike previously where Living in Jb 1 is like everythg under one roof.
LJB has diversified into so many other forums catering to specific interests with regards to Living in Jb. So u cant expect to have the same traffic.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi Wuqi, was trying to get you via pm but your mailbox was full. Need some help and wondering if you guys could help.

Have a PRC friend in Malaysia and his passport is kept by the company. Now he is keen to go back to PRC as his wife has just given birth but the company wanted him to pay 25k rm as breach of contract. Otherwise, they will not give him back his passport. Any advice? My advice to him was to lodge a complain with the China embassy and get a replacement passport.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners to pay medical treatment in full by 2017
Thursday, Nov 13, 2014
The Star/Asia News Network
By Martin Carvalho, Yuen Meikeng, Loshana K. Shagar

Foreigners will have to pay the full cost of medical treatment at government hospitals and clinics by 2017, says Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr S. Subramaniam.

He said this was following the Cabinet's decision to remove the medical subsidy given to foreigners in phases beginning January.

"In the next three years, foreigners will be charged the full sum, meaning that the medical costs for foreigners next year will be increased by 30 per cent.

"In 2016, it will be increased by another 30 per cent and by 40 per cent in 2017," he said when responding to points raised in the Budget 2015 debate for the ministry.

Dr Subramaniam said by the end of 2017, foreigners will be paying 100 per cent of the costs without any subsidy.

"This amount would be about twice the current fees," he added.

In February, Dr Subramaniam had said that foreigners were taking about 30 per cent to 40 per cent of the country's entire allocation for medical treatment meant for Malaysians.

Last year, Deputy Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Hilmi Yahaya announced a plan to get foreigners, including students, to pay for their actual cost of medical treatment in government hospitals, and not at a subsidised rate.

Dr Subramaniam had said the plan required some amendments to the Fees Act (Medical) 1951 for Foreigners.

- See more at: http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/conte...ical-treatment-full-2017#sthash.EBWOrovm.dpuf

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China embassy is located in KL.

Your PRC friend can report lost on his passport. But a contract is a contract.

Remind your friend if there is a PRC middleman involve; they will track him down in China.

This is to avoid other PRC for doing same thing. Imagine all PRC break contract and just leave. Those middleman will be out of job.

China embassy
229 Jalan Ampang, 50450, Kuala Lumpur
Telephone 603-21428495, 21411729

Hi Wuqi, was trying to get you via pm but your mailbox was full. Need some help and wondering if you guys could help.

Have a PRC friend in Malaysia and his passport is kept by the company. Now he is keen to go back to PRC as his wife has just given birth but the company wanted him to pay 25k rm as breach of contract. Otherwise, they will not give him back his passport. Any advice? My advice to him was to lodge a complain with the China embassy and get a replacement passport.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was looking for a commercial lot recently. Sell like hot cakes hence only left a few Bumi units take it or leave it.
Left with no choice, but to made a reservation with RM10, 000/= pending approval for bumi release, no SnP was sign yet. Yesterday, developer call to say must pay 7.5% bumi levy in order to get approval for bumi release, this is latest bumi policy with immediate effect ! Amounting to about RM105K!!! WTF , how to stomach, feel like a con job leh !
Anyone know this immediate effect 7.5% bumi levy thingy ?

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was looking for a commercial lot recently. Sell like hot cakes hence only left a few Bumi units take it or leave it.
Left with no choice, but to made a reservation with RM10, 000/= pending approval for bumi release, no SnP was sign yet. Yesterday, developer call to say must pay 7.5% bumi levy in order to get approval for bumi release, this is latest bumi policy with immediate effect ! Amounting to about RM105K!!! WTF , how to stomach, feel like a con job leh !
Anyone know this immediate effect 7.5% bumi levy thingy ?

really not worth it. withdraw and ask for refund now.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
really not worth it. withdraw and ask for refund now.

But look like missing a good opportunity leh, commercial unit in good location are hard to find. Developer say will give a full refund if we withdraw, look like they are not lacking of bumi buyers !

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
China embassy is located in KL.

Your PRC friend can report lost on his passport. But a contract is a contract.

Remind your friend if there is a PRC middleman involve; they will track him down in China.

This is to avoid other PRC for doing same thing. Imagine all PRC break contract and just leave. Those middleman will be out of job.

China embassy
229 Jalan Ampang, 50450, Kuala Lumpur
Telephone 603-21428495, 21411729

Hi bro, thanks for the reply. I seriously doubt if the embassy in KL is willing to replace his passport under such circumstances. The breach of contract amount is 3k rm which is reasonable but the company took advantage of him and told him to pay another 20k rmb for "retrieval of passport"

I read online that he can lodge a police report and also complain to MOHR. But then being foreigner and unaware of the language and red tape, that is putting him off.

Any other advice?

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
But look like missing a good opportunity leh, commercial unit in good location are hard to find. Developer say will give a full refund if we withdraw, look like they are not lacking of bumi buyers !

In KL or JB? The levy seems to protect bumi properties from falling into non bumi hand.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, thanks for the reply. I seriously doubt if the embassy in KL is willing to replace his passport under such circumstances. The breach of contract amount is 3k rm which is reasonable but the company took advantage of him and told him to pay another 20k rmb for "retrieval of passport"

I read online that he can lodge a police report and also complain to MOHR. But then being foreigner and unaware of the language and red tape, that is putting him off.

Any other advice?

http://m.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/home-ministry-no-middlemen-to-hire-foreign-labour

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
In KL or JB? The levy seems to protect bumi properties from falling into non bumi hand.

This is in JB. Developer say the Ah Kong in JB is more powerful ! Not many bumi sales from what I observed on the sales chart leh ....Even got also I belived taken up by non bumi due to no more stock for non bumi lots.
From what I see, last time got some properties very cheap like few hundred Ks , those bumi can buy and resale to non bumi for a small profit due to 15% bumi discount . Now a day , all above a million , very few bumi dare to buy for resale liao , hence mostly got converted into international lot after they built up 50% and still no takers . Hence some smart bumi come up with 7.5% bumi conversion levy , dont even need any transaction can make profit already . Money goes to state gov or some Ah Kong ? So how does all these protect bumi properties from falling into non bumi hand ?

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think bumi released lot is the same as non-bumi lot?:rolleyes:
105k is peanut if it is a comm unit. Bo jio..:p

Last edited:

penjohorian

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is in JB. Developer say the Ah Kong in JB is more powerful ! Not many bumi sales from what I observed on the sales chart leh ....Even got also I belived taken up by non bumi due to no more stock for internation lots.
From what I see, last time got some properties very cheap like few hundred Ks , those bumi can buy and resale to non bumi for a small profit due to 15% bumi discount . Now a day , all above a million , very few bumi dare to buy for resale liao , hence mostly got converted into international lot after they built up 50% and still no takers . Hence some smart bumi come up with 7.5% bumi conversion levy , dont even need any transaction can make profit already . Money goes to state gov or some Ah Kong ? So how does all these protect bumi properties from falling into non bumi hand ?

The 7.5% is the levy to be paid to state government for the release of bumi lot. It's newly imposed since last year.

As this 7.5% is not consider small amount, most developers will be transferred this levy to those who have booked/reserve the bumi lot with them before the revision rate as the previous booking price haven't factor in these extra 7.5%.
As for new bumi release lot after the new levy rate, most developers will just factor it into their selling price, that's why you may notice that the selling price for newly released bumi lot are much higher than the original selling price (though some are due to the developer mark up).

For your case, pls consider carefully with all the pros and cons since this 7.5% levy is not a small amount and it's a suprise to many buyer like you.
Do also understand carefully from state land office if there is any restriction for future sub-sale/transaction on bumi released lot, though you may hear from most agent/law firm/developer that it's not an issue at all (for future sub-sale/transaction on bumi released lot).

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think bumi released lot is the same as non-bumi lot?:rolleyes:

Depend on how it is being released lor . 1) Buy by a bumi and then resale to you or 2) No bumi want to buy, developer applied for state gov to released and convert to non bumi lot.
Type 1) cannot buy, got more issue and more con cases happening Type 2) Can buy if developer is honest and not shady type, as they can got a Ah Kong to buy up all the bumi lots , make 15% more profit by reselling to you ! Without telling you !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.