• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember W plate is from KL. Boz their resale car is cheaper than jb.. tio bo bro scholar Malpaso..:p

W is wilayah persketuan plate, means "federal territories" ie KL la. no fark care la. but normally W car is quite orderly one. J platers are more hiong driving wor.
btw i not scholar. :smile: resale car any plate shoudl be roughly same wat. you can go further up to negri or melaka buy car.. no problem. get N or M plate.

but there is one plate you don fark around with. TMJ plate. beware. siam and let go.

Last edited:

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
W is wilayah persketuan plate, means "federal territories" ie KL la. no fark care la. but normally W car is quite orderly one. J platers are more hiong driving wor.
btw i not scholar. :smile: resale car any plate shoudl be roughly same wat. you can go further up to negri or melaka buy car.. no problem. get N or M plate.

but there is one plate you don fark around with. TMJ plate. beware. siam and let go.

Wah, pa pa ley. Who will be in TMJ plated car?

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually if you don't try complaining, how do you know its not going to be effective?

nowadays social media is so effective. plus if you have the camera on your car, just do it!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks very much. But I trust not everyone in W or TMJ plated car will drive recklessly. Cheers :smile:

W plate car is just any car registered in KL. Below is the news on the new KL vehicle numbering system after WYY run out in 2013. This news article also said in 2012 there were 359k new vehicles registered in KL. So every year there are few hundred thousands new W plate vehicles added on the road if 2012 is any indication. So surely there are at least a few million W plate cars running on the road at any one time assuming majority of the vehicles are cars...

http://paultan.org/2013/05/23/after-wyy-9999-wilayah-w-1-a/

"After WYY 9999, Wilayah plates to restart with W 1 A
23 May 2013

Many, including us, have wondered what format Wilayah Persekutuan vehicle registration plates will take after the inevitable WYY 9999? We’re now at WYK and WYY 9999 (the letter Z is reseved for the army) is expected to roll out in July.

Why are we at the end? The Star points out that some 1.3 million new vehicles were registered last year, with Kuala Lumpur recording the highest number of new vehicles (359,239), followed by Johor (172,608) and Penang (113,340). On average, some 1,100 new vehicle numbers are recorded in KL daily, compared to about 500 in Johor and 300 in Selangor.

.................."

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That incident we encountered last Sunday was on our way home to first link customs. Still drive like he's in his homeland.

On a recent weekend I saw a lane formed on the road shoulder of the road leading to Woodlands checkpoint, mostly Malaysia plate cars and some Spore plate cars in the queue..

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays better to pay extra by tuas to spore

To be frank, the Q-cutters, at least 20% have migrated to Tuas checkpoint. 2 Friday late noons ago around 4pm + I tried to leave Singapore thru Tuas but was horrified to find a jam which lasted 30minutes. Its abnormal cos I hve ben using Tuas to leave Singapore on weekdays when its 4pm+ for the past 5 years and never had any jams.

I was more shocked when while I am queuing up, vehicles ( all J-plate ) at least 20 of them attempted to use the motorbike lane to cut Q. Its a very bad experience and I have never seen anything like that. I mean, its the first time I have seen motorists cutting Q at Tuas using the motor lanes so maybe I wasn't used to it. Maybe it has been like this for the past 1 year ever since I move back to Singapore.

Quite disappointed. Coming back at 515am one Monday morning I also use Tuas thinking the traffic will be clear as I have been using for 5 years. Bad mistake. Jam at Malaysia custom when only one stretch of counter was opened and there are 3 lanes of cars squeezing into that one lane.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be frank, the Q-cutters, at least 20% have migrated to Tuas checkpoint. 2 Friday late noons ago around 4pm + I tried to leave Singapore thru Tuas but was horrified to find a jam which lasted 30minutes. Its abnormal cos I hve ben using Tuas to leave Singapore on weekdays when its 4pm+ for the past 5 years and never had any jams.

I was more shocked when while I am queuing up, vehicles ( all J-plate ) at least 20 of them attempted to use the motorbike lane to cut Q. Its a very bad experience and I have never seen anything like that. I mean, its the first time I have seen motorists cutting Q at Tuas using the motor lanes so maybe I wasn't used to it. Maybe it has been like this for the past 1 year ever since I move back to Singapore.

Quite disappointed. Coming back at 515am one Monday morning I also use Tuas thinking the traffic will be clear as I have been using for 5 years. Bad mistake. Jam at Malaysia custom when only one stretch of counter was opened and there are 3 lanes of cars squeezing into that one lane.

Horrible jam. Not worth my time and energy to be stuck there :*: Nowadays if I go up I go on weekday (not Friday).

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
But weekdays during office hours the jams at Woodlands and causeway is also horrible. Its really unlike just 2 years ago when I can leave my office @ 10am and drive up to JB for a quick massage or lunch and car wash and be back in my office at 1 or 2 pm. Now if I were to leave office 10am I think I probably returned to office @ 6pm due to horrible jams to JB and another round of massive jams on the way back.

Horrible jam. Not worth my time and energy to be stuck there :*: Nowadays if I go up I go on weekday (not Friday).

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
But weekdays during office hours the jams at Woodlands and causeway is also horrible. Its really unlike just 2 years ago when I can leave my office @ 10am and drive up to JB for a quick massage or lunch and car wash and be back in my office at 1 or 2 pm. Now if I were to leave office 10am I think I probably returned to office @ 6pm due to horrible jams to JB and another round of massive jams on the way back.
The same thoughts are in the minds of those causing the jam!!
However, the good thing coming out of this ( .... If the relevant auth. on both sides of the border do pull the finger out of their rear!!....) the crossings will be expanded ( long term solution..) OR open ALL the counters and widen or add to the "secondary" checkpoint, the one that the "old Mercedes" rammed thru.... ( short to medium term solution).
If that happens,you and ALL those wanting a "quickie" can resume "normal service":p

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
I kena stuck one of the days last week while returning to Spore @ spore immigration

Huge jam spore side... weekday evening at 8pm last week. Took me more than an hour to clear.

Nowadays better to pay extra by tuas to spore

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

J plate cars cutting queue at Tuas using the motorcyle lane? Confirmed all are Malaysians since only Msian can drive J plate cars into Singapore. No Malaysian reminding fellow Msians they are guests and not to behave obnoxiously in Spore?

Status
Not open for further replies.