• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha...I was just thinking has anyone ever thought of how dirty the Straits is?
Brochures always painted the sea blue, go for a site visit b4 plonking in your money.

There are a lot of draw from the videos on the fantastic skylines and shorelines of Country Garden for Chinese nationals before MH370 and I heard many bought. Must have believe the waters are like those surrounding Hainan where they built-seven stars hotels....I think somehow the perceived high entry fee for vehicles entering Malaysia dampens the interest.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right on.

Agree with you.

Daily commuters sure kena

Sure the ultimate winners are the Singapore govt and the ultimate losers are travelers who cant get to go JB or to schools in Singapore.. and of course that will affect Malaysia economy and the government there.

Singapore government is getting more and more cunning. Let the whole world fight, they benefit when the entire Singaporean travelers decide to spend their money to boost local economy. All petrol stations here will see vast increase in sales as I reckon at least 20% of the local vehicles petrols are pumped in JB

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
With Rm 50 charge they wont go JB anymore to fill petrol

I wrote in to increase to S$50 per day but the scholars only listened to my half. Don't worry I will shoot another letter in this week to make it S$50/ day. Hope Singapore govt can impose a FULL tank penalty to Singapore cars and a 10 year jail for those who tamper with their fuel guage too as I am sick of squeezing with motorists who go JB empty tank just to pump petrol

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah nicely written, i liked that 6 months moving average.

But you know our SG govt wont do that. They will say forget highs and lows.

We stick at an average of $35.

To prevent this kind of problem, LTA should just tag the VEP to 6 month moving average of COE price. Singaporeans are big hearted and generous to share and let foreigners enjoy low VEP if COE moving average price is low. But no one in the right mind should expect a country policy to be such that locals to pay expensive while foreigners should pay cheap.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Off topic. Feng shui says still or slow moving dirty water is bad. It is like facing a drain. The air would be stale. Bad for health. For good feng shui, Water must be moving with fresh water pushing out dirty water, fresh air blowing away stale air. Bad luck replacing with new opportunities every time.
Simple test is stand at the shore and breathe deeply. Do you feel fresh air or stale air? Do you see murky water or clear water. Do you see small fishes swimming happily or you only see cat fish? :smile:

Obviously those who say all these are ignorant that on Singapore side of the straits, we are breeding fish on floating fish farm near sg buloh, which has thriving breeding ground, you can practically see fishes jumping abt the water there....Sembawang beach is also facing the same Straits..... The water still and murky? It's not crystal clear for sure, West coast also selling condos with sea that is filthy from the port activities, Sentosa water is not much better either at least for the next 2 decades or so before the shipping activities moved.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously those who say all these are ignorant that on Singapore side of the straits, we are breeding fish on floating fish farm near sg buloh, which has thriving breeding ground, you can practically see fishes jumping abt the water there....Sembawang beach is also facing the same Straits..... The water still and murky? It's not crystal clear for sure, West coast also selling condos with sea that is filthy from the port activities, Sentosa water is not much better either at least for the next 2 decades or so before the shipping activities moved.

1. Fish breeding need shallow slow moving water. Fish bred in cages cannot survive on open seas.
2. Fresh air means open sea, unhindered fresh windflows.
3. Of course, Singapore is much better than Johore, even if it is on the same straits. The air is fresher, the smell is better, the water is cleaner but we are talking about Johore side. :smile:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some info not convenient to release.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah nicely written, i liked that 6 months moving average.

But you know our SG govt wont do that. They will say forget highs and lows.

We stick at an average of $35.

Why not? Afterall COE renewal can be at moving average. The most just slap a mark up for foreigners just like the proposed JB international zone have higher tax for foreigners.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
fearing the ridiculous jam, i didnt enter jb for quite awhile until 2days ago at around noon.
it was a sunday so i sort of expected that usual chronic bumper to bumper. it took me an hour
to cross but the return trip was a torment.. I came back from permas jaya, hit edl highway and
came to a one lane long Q, back to back up upto a km long from jb custom. 'and so i have to experience this hell like everybody else?' i thought to myself. No, i shall try another exit. i kept left turned left all the way to the coast and made a uturn. you know what? they have blocked the entrance to custom from the coastal side? how come? i think i didnt read it here. or did i miss it? can somebody tell me! anyway it took me 2hrs just to cross the bridge. i didnt reenter by edl but from town side. But least i could potong jalan there.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
These Malaysian fat cats can just car pool and drive into Singapore.

Alternatively, they can rent a room and stay in Singapore at around $600 per room and share the cost with 2 to 3 gals. It a long time since these fat cats need to be bleed so that the LEEs can benefit from higher property tax when renting from rooms from Peasants. Or else, these Malaysians think that we owe them a living.

You can called that it is a indirect way of making these Fat cats bleed !

That day I read their Chinese papers interviewing a gal aged 23 or 24 who is now driving car to work in Spore as some executive. She is car pooling and going to increase the fee of her passengers by SGD 2 per passenger or may consider moving to stay in Spore. Just wondering young Singaporean aged 23 or 24 working as some executive can even afford to drive a car to work in the first place? Of course not talking about those from rich family but ordinary family.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jam every weekday 2-3hr on e bridge is no fun. Burns your social life.

You never travel 2-3hr on public transport in Spore before to go school or work? From last time experience before the transport links are improved, just need to study or work in the west, stay in the north or north east, needed more than 2 hours taking public transport changing bus to mrt to bus. So is jam in the cool comfort of car better or in jam packed public transport plus walking under hot sun better?

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't agree. If you agree 3/4 tank and motorist go in for full tank of 60 litre, they are able to save RM 60. Still will have motorists who squeeze in.

Just now 3am I was at PETRONAS to shit and I realise many Singapore-plate cars with lone drivers in house short and singlet pumping and shaking as if its the end of the world.

When the RM 50 levy come out, its really the end of the world for them

I even got customers who tell me frankly that without Malaysia Petrol, they cant even own a car in Singapore. I seen all kinds of people in Singapore driving cars. I got taxi drivers, security guards, delivery man etc.. Yes, they all own cars. So are the cars in Singapore really expensive? I don't think so. Everyone want S$30K COE but even if u got a car, whats the point if you get a jam the moment you drive out of your carpark?

if jb impose the rm50, spore can remove the 3/4 tank ruling

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to walk 30 minutes to school and 30 minutes back home from the 2nd day of Primary 1 all the way to Sec 4. Subsquently my trip to schools became a 6 different bus rides to and fro with 4 hours on the bus. Those were the days without ipads or smartphones and we cant even bring "Walkman" to school. So I can only stare and ogle at pretty girls who enter and exit the buses. Life was terrible but its the norm then

You never travel 2-3hr on public transport in Spore before to go school or work? From last time experience before the transport links are improved, just need to study or work in the west, stay in the north or north east, needed more than 2 hours taking public transport changing bus to mrt to bus. So is jam in the cool comfort of car better or in jam packed public transport plus walking under hot sun better?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Put it this way... West Condo residents are not there for the blue and clean sea... they are there because the highway leads them into CBD instantly.

Sembawang beach, when I was a small boy in the 1970s, we used to swim around and catch crabs there. Its abundant. Weekends you really can see families in drove. Now? *shake head*

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Here's some clue why the water at the straits can be dangerous... http://theindependent.sg/angry-farmer-shows-why-fish-are-dying/

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Put it this way... West Condo residents are not there for the blue and clean sea... they are there because the highway leads them into CBD instantly.

Sembawang beach, when I was a small boy in the 1970s, we used to swim around and catch crabs there. Its abundant. Weekends you really can see families in drove. Now? *shake head*

I remember catching crabs at east coast when I was a little kid too. My father used to harvest oysters at pulau ubin.

Status
Not open for further replies.