• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
When was this? Is it 70s and 80s? I remember 90s and early 2000s already very strict on maximum 80% loan and down payment must be 20% cash before can use CPF. Only after SARs etc they relaxed the rule to allow less cash down payment with the balance from CPF.

This was in the 90s before the prop price run up to the Asian eco crisis.
The 80% rule thing came after he bought. Even so the 80% rule thing if I am not wrong was changing. Sometimes 10% can use cpf so 10% cash only.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
"the less you make use of your money when you are young, the more money you will have for retirement."
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ntuc-chief-lim-swee-say/1194908.html

Housing creams away bulk of the CPF for most people who bought HDB in 1990s to 2010s.

That statement taken out of context is misleading! because the price of their HDB flat would have escalated, hence making them wealthier. the only ones who suffered were those who were over leveraged and couldn't keep up with payments during the crisis and had their properties foreclosed.

In fact, LSS put it in context in the article: "It is clear in this context that 'young' refers to those who are aged 55 and "less use" of the CPF money refers to the CPF cash withdrawal for purposes other than housing, healthcare and education for the children."

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea malpaso, looks lenient.

Coz thats a pretty big loan for Rm 3500 pay cheque.

Still hv other expenses car, fuel, living, shopping, travel etc.

The bank saw something we dun see.

These people are just trying to get rich quick. Never mind, when the housing slump comes, they will be the 1st to get wipe clean by their banks.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 80% rule thing came after he bought. Even so the 80% rule thing if I am not wrong was changing. Sometimes 10% can use cpf so 10% cash only.

In SG, you can use min 5% cash and 15% CPF for the downpayment of 1st property. This measure is great if one chooses to rent out the SG house, and stay in MY. Will have incoming cash flow every mth from the usage of CPF to service loan. But the jam's a big problem.

http://www.ezproperty.sg/singapore-property-cooling-measures

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Balloting. Sales was so damn "good" from existing customers and Malaysians that they cant even ballot. All sold out.
your "good" is good good or sarcastic good?

good means..... private preview all gone before sale to public? heard is 1000+psf before discount. wow.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Price is RM 680 psf after various discounts and tactics which I donno if its legal in the first place.

680 psf after discoutn???? for how big units? that's like 1000sft unit 680K @ sunway SQ??
. cyberjaya already higher than that for their verdi. ara D. see hoy chan project LH already hitting >900psf.

Last edited:

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can see how cool you are in your first reply

Trying to comprehend Sweeping statements?

Go on then and discover for yourself:

Institutes of repute?

Grandpa/grandma/morons?

Sound & light ..... ecomomy?

Designated hubs?

Highways?

So Mr Cool, with the above knowledge, how many companies can you swing over to your HUBS?

Ok I get it, you wanna say whatever you wanna say n wan a sweet as sugar reply coz u were trying to comprehend Grandpa/Grandma/Morons.

You could hv chosen to hv a discussion but you prefer to play victim.

Dun throw a stone and then look at other peoples hand.

But I do agree with ur last lime, open forum so dun accept everyone to agree with you.

Wah like that also u get offended? Cool it lah, just a string of questions and you cannot take it....LOL.......and btw dun insert fiction into my post.... Grandpa n grand ma I did mentioned but not the way u put it....when did I use the word moron? ..... Maybe u forgot what u uttered....poor thing you must be really stressed....

Last edited:

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah like that also u get offended? Cool it lah, just a string of questions and you cannot take it....LOL.......and btw dun insert fiction into my post.... Grandpa n grand ma I did mentioned but not the way u put it....when did I use the word moron? ..... Maybe u forgot what u uttered....poor thing you must be really stressed....

Kedah will also impose VEP fee on vehicles Published: Monday July 21, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Monday July 21, 2014 MYT 6:59:19 AM

SUNGAI PETANI: Taking a leaf from Johor’s book, Kedah is set to also impose a vehicle entry permit (VEP) on foreign-registered vehicles entering Malaysia from Thailand.

State Education, Transportation and Works Committee chairman Datuk Tajul Urus Mat Zain said the VEP would provide better control over foreign-registered vehicles coming into Kedah.
“Foreign motorists who violate traffic rules in Malaysia can then be easily identified and penalised,” he told reporters at a Jelajah Sahur programme organised by the Road Transport Department at the Bukit Selambau police station near here yesterday.

“Currently, drivers of foreign-registered vehicles avoid getting penalised for traffic offences once they return to their country.

“With the VEP in force, all data on the vehicles involved in traffic offences can be retrieved and the motorists can be fined before leaving the country,” he said.

Tajul Urus said the VEP fee would contribute to Kedah’s coffers, adding that there would be discussions with relevant agencies, including police and the Road Transport Department, before a decision was made.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak announced last week that the Federal Government had decided to implement a VEP fee for all foreign-registered vehicles entering Malaysia via Johor.

Singapore already enforces a VEP fee on all foreign-registered cars and motorcycles that enter the republic. — Bernama

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your friend so lucky. My time is most unlucky; price already went up alot by mid 90s and cash must be 20%. Now only 5% cash can buy condo. No wonder prices all went up.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes there is cash inflow and depending on when you bought the flat you may get upto 2-2.5x of your loan installment (approximately) as rental yield.

The extra cash will definitely help.

but when i think of the jam, thats a different story already.

Headache...

In SG, you can use min 5% cash and 15% CPF for the downpayment of 1st property. This measure is great if one chooses to rent out the SG house, and stay in MY. Will have incoming cash flow every mth from the usage of CPF to service loan. But the jam's a big problem.

http://www.ezproperty.sg/singapore-property-cooling-measures

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor Thais kena from PAP badly

So we should know by now PAP exert influence on SEA, not only in tiny dot

Kedah will also impose VEP fee on vehicles Published: Monday July 21, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Monday July 21, 2014 MYT 6:59:19 AM

SUNGAI PETANI: Taking a leaf from Johor’s book, Kedah is set to also impose a vehicle entry permit (VEP) on foreign-registered vehicles entering Malaysia from Thailand.

State Education, Transportation and Works Committee chairman Datuk Tajul Urus Mat Zain said the VEP would provide better control over foreign-registered vehicles coming into Kedah.
“Foreign motorists who violate traffic rules in Malaysia can then be easily identified and penalised,” he told reporters at a Jelajah Sahur programme organised by the Road Transport Department at the Bukit Selambau police station near here yesterday.

“Currently, drivers of foreign-registered vehicles avoid getting penalised for traffic offences once they return to their country.

“With the VEP in force, all data on the vehicles involved in traffic offences can be retrieved and the motorists can be fined before leaving the country,” he said.

Tajul Urus said the VEP fee would contribute to Kedah’s coffers, adding that there would be discussions with relevant agencies, including police and the Road Transport Department, before a decision was made.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak announced last week that the Federal Government had decided to implement a VEP fee for all foreign-registered vehicles entering Malaysia via Johor.

Singapore already enforces a VEP fee on all foreign-registered cars and motorcycles that enter the republic. — Bernama

Status
Not open for further replies.