• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think the 90 kmh limit for Ayer Keroh stretch has been disbanded. When I last drove up north In Sep this year, I was looking out for, but fail to sight the 90 kmh mula sign.

Hi. I think you're right! I just drove past yday and didn't see the 90kmh speed limit sign. .

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy new year of 2015 to all bro n sis here may all wish come true to all and thks to all frends here whom hv give tips and help to me.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't shout too loudly. The ICA will know what to do at the check point.

to make it really worth the effort, you probably would want to risk abit by exiting spore with low fuel otherwise your savings is negligible almost nothing even if you have a big tank maybe 65 litre type. so unless you also want to leisure in jb, forget it. the toll from both sides will delete all savings and come july when they impose the vep, negative.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
this news makes me curious

Lower (fuel) prices killing us, say petrol dealers

PETALING JAYA: Petrol dealers claim many stations may have to close down should fuel prices drop further, citing high losses.

Petrol Dealers Association of Malaysia president Datuk Hashim Othman said the fuel price drop had led to dealers incurring losses of between RM20,000 and RM100,000 each.

“If the drop was only a few sen, we could absorb the losses. But now with the 35 sen drop (for petrol), we’re buying it high and selling it low.

“If this carries on, many of us will have to close down,” he told The Star.

Previously, RON95 and RON97 sold for RM2.26 and RM2.46 a litre respectively, while diesel sold for RM2.23 a litre.

New prices which kicked in yesterday saw RON95, RON97 and diesel being sold at RM1.91, RM2.11 and RM1.93 respectively.

Petronas Petrol Dealers Association president Datuk Abu Samah Bachik feared that stations would close down if prices were to drop another two to three times.

“All dealers in the country are affected, none of us are exempt from this,” he said.

Abu said dealers were in discussion with the Government on how to tackle the problem.

Hashim was previously quoted as saying that dealers were supposed to have at least three days’ worth of fuel stock, adding that operating licences could be withdrawn if these ran out.

This, he said, was because petrol and diesel were considered essential items.

Asked to confirm rumours that dealers were running out of supply, Hashim said on Thursday that this might have been due to motorists holding out from buying fuel until after the new price change.

“Some (stations) do run out of fuel because people aren’t buying before the end of the month. But when the price goes down, everyone rushes to buy,” he said.

Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consu*merism Minister Datuk Hasan Malek confirmed that dealers were seeing high losses.

Asked what the Government would do, he replied, “For the time being we’re seeing what’s happening, but we’re meeting with the oil companies and the dealers (about this).”

Fomca secretary-general Datuk Paul Selvaraj said the changes meant petrol stations had to deal with it, citing the global drop in crude oil prices.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Price up no KBKB. Price down say close shop. Close is good. Too many around anyway.
:biggrin:

The effect of higher toll charges, the impending VEP fees and 6% GST will add to the woes of retail outlets and even big departmental stores. Over the week, we visited Danga Mall and more see-through shops and "stores" were seen than shops in operation. Similarly at Aeon Big, the staff appears more than customers and the food court was bare with no hawkers. The other biggies, City Square, KSL city, Aeon Tebrau City and Plentong Giant Hypermart seems to attract the crowds.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aeon Tebrau is undergoing a major expansion. An attractive mall really needs a good movie theatre nowadays in view of higher tolls/levies, online shops and more competition from new malls.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Juz like aeon bukit indah,expansion with cinema,too me the tickets is also not cheap for the local (personal view),with more integrated development,the competition is rising.I wonder got so many shopper to support the rental boh,I buy online,fast n cheap.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Juz like aeon bukit indah,expansion with cinema,too me the tickets is also not cheap for the local (personal view),with more integrated development,the competition is rising.I wonder got so many shopper to support the rental boh,I buy online,fast n cheap.

At RM17 to RM19 for a weekend movie ticket, it is really not cheap. Esp considering the proliferation of internet TV boxes that allow me to view the latest drama serials (HK, US, China etc), be it in SG or MY.

I have cancelled my Astro & MioTV subscriptions and gotten these internet TV boxes instead. SG retail is also suffering from the onslaught of online shopping, hence mall operators have increased their F&B outlets allocation to attract customers.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal

GOODMAN

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess retirees give their vote mainly based on cost and sustainability.
whats the point if the country is very safe, very freedom, very modern
but one cant afford to live in it!

I agree, SGP seems like good for those rich and with handsome salary. Once out of job please find some where else.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
At RM17 to RM19 for a weekend movie ticket, it is really not cheap. Esp considering the proliferation of internet TV boxes that allow me to view the latest drama serials (HK, US, China etc), be it in SG or MY.

I have cancelled my Astro & MioTV subscriptions and gotten these internet TV boxes instead. SG retail is also suffering from the onslaught of online shopping, hence mall operators have increased their F&B outlets allocation to attract customers.

Good that to u cacnelled astro sucks. Anyway every Malaysian knows where to watch the latest DVD movies for cheap . just watched nightcrawler and the interview over the weekend. Whole family watched for only 15 Rm. Haha

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good that to u cacnelled astro sucks. Anyway every Malaysian knows where to watch the latest DVD movies for cheap . just watched nightcrawler and the interview over the weekend. Whole family watched for only 15 Rm. Haha

Bro, instead of DVD, I bought this internet setup box Maige (with annual subscription fees), which contains the latest drama and live channels from HK, Taiwan, China, Japan etc. It is truly fantastic, albeit pricier than other similar setup boxes.

Watched 'the interview' halfway yesterday, and will complete today......hehe.....

kiteman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need advise on Cukai Harta. I notice there is a e-Payment service in MBJB and basically it just link to Maybank (and some other banks). Any idea whether I can pay Cukai Harta via the e-Payment service?

Kksg2000

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need advise is there a max entry into Malaysia in a year for Singaporean? though 30 days stay is allowed per entry. tks.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need advise is there a max entry into Malaysia in a year for Singaporean? though 30 days stay is allowed per entry. tks.

Week in and week out, i am there. Malaysia is not a paradise, but when you compare that to Singapore it much better.

If you do not believe, just ask some of the Malaysia Gas who are working here.

Status
Not open for further replies.