• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very soon, LTA will reciprocate by announcing the revised (increased actually) matching toll for foreign cars entering and leaving the checkpoints.
Huat ah!!
Just imagine, even with an expected reduction of cars crossing the 2 checkpoints to only a daily average of 30,000 cars, the daily collection on JB side @RM16.5 will be at least RM$500,000 = RM15mil /month, not including the proposed VEP!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Massive toll rate hike for Causeway users from Aug 1, including Singapore-bound vehicles
Desiree Tresa Gasper | The Star/Asia News Network | Sunday, Jul 27, 2014

JOHOR BARU - Toll rates for the Johor Causeway will increase by more than three times the current amount from Aug 1, and Singapore-bound vehicles will now have to pay toll when they did not have to before.

In a statement, Malaysian Highway Authority (LLM) director-general Datuk Ismail Mohd Salleh announced a major increase in toll rates to be imposed on all vehicles passing through the Bangunan Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) Complex, beginning Aug 1.

Additionally, Singapore-bound vehicles will now have to pay toll, which was previously only levied on vehicles headed into Malaysia.

He also said that all charges will be implemented electronically at both sides using the Touch 'n' Go card, with cash payments no longer possible.

2vv493m.jpg

A dedicated Touch 'n' Go lane will be manned around-the-clock to cater for motorists who do not have the card.

Toll rates for cars will be revised upwards from RM2.90 to RM9.70 (inbound) and RM6.80 imposed on outbound vehicles.

Inbound Class Two vehicles will now be levied RM4.50 (up from RM14.70) and RM10.20 for Singapore-bound vehicles. (See graphic for complete list).

Ismail added that the revised rates were appropriate given the facilities and services enjoyed by users that travelled to the complex using the Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL).

The EDL is an elevated highway built to help disperse traffic heading into the Johor Baru city area.

There are several exits from the EDL, with the last leading directly into the CIQ complex.

Ismail stressed that motorists using the 8.1km elevated highway would not be tolled if they do not go through the CIQ complex.

However, all Causeway users have no choice but to pay the toll.

No explanation was provided for the sudden hike, and LLM officials declined to comment when contacted.

It could not be ascertained how many vehicles that pass through the CIQ are actually headed towards or from the NSE as MHA did not provide any figures.

When contacted, state Public Works, Rural and Regional Development Committee chairman Datuk Hasni Mohammad said PLUS Bhd had applied to have the toll at the CIQ increased for some time.

"The increase is in view of future plans, which include the widening of the Sedenak-Skudai road from four lanes to six lanes," he said.

Mentri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the increase was appropriate as it would allow authorities to control the increasing number of vehicles entering Johor.

"The increase will not have an adverse effect on the state's economy," he said.

Khaled said the toll hike was not related to the proposed entry fee for foreign-registered vehicles into Johor.

"The (CIQ) toll is for all users," he said after handing out Hari Raya goodies to the less fortunate in Pasir Gudang here yesterday.

Johoreans who drive into Singapore daily for work are the ones expected to be the most hard hit by the toll hike.

- See more at: http://transport.asiaone.com/news/g...singapore-bound-vehicles#sthash.USlGLppl.dpuf

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore side is likely to match the increase. It will hit Malaysians working in Singapore and driving S-plate hardest.

Malaysia: $2.90 MYR -> $16.50 MYR
If Singapore matches: $1.20 SGD -> $6.50 SGD

Total toll costs in commuting = $13 SGD per day (using 2.55 exchange rate) if driving in S-plate car, or $325 SGD per month (25 working days). After factoring in petrol and maintenance cost and travel time, it is better to rent a HDB bedroom at around $500 SGD in Singapore. Rental demand in Johor is expected to drop while HDB rental in Singapore most likely will increase. Business in Johor should also drop as a result of less people earning SGD staying in or visiting Johor. New shoplots and malls could struggle, and condo launches will be severely affected in Johor.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
So obvious they only intend to tax those inbound and outbound singapore traffic whether you use edl or not. Out to screw the spore govt. Lhl must be feeling stupid to be the first one to offer singapore assets foc to find the missing mh370 flight.

New toll charges at Causeway

JOHOR BARU: The Malaysian Highway Authority (MHA) has reiterated that the Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) will be maintained free to all motorists, unless they enter Singapore through the Causeway via the Sultan Iskandar Building (SIB) starting August 1.

"The toll charges will only be for in-bound and out-bound motorists through the SIB's Customs, Immigration and Quarantine area. Johor Baru motorists using the EDL need not pay the toll charges," read the statement today.

The statement said that the toll collection will not affect more than 180,000 motorists or about 80 per cent of the EDL's users who mainly are made out of Johor Baru motorists.

MHA added that the toll collection will be conducted electronically by Touch 'n Go card that are available at readers located at the immigration counters.

The statement also said the toll collection will be round-the-clock at a fixed rate.

On Friday, the Works Ministry announced the new toll rate at the SIB beginning August 1.

It said the new toll rate is commensurate with the better facilities and services at the SIB, while entering from the EDL.

Under the new toll structure, a car driver will have to pay RM6.80 when exiting Malaysia and another RM9.70 when entering Malaysia through the SIB.

This means the toll collection for a return trip is RM16.50.

The present toll rate is RM2.90, which is collected when entering Malaysia through the SIB.

Based on calculations, the toll hike from August 1 is more than four times the existing amount.

Motorcyclists will not be charged the toll.

It is estimated that more than 95,000 motorcyclists go through the Causeway daily, where a majority work in Singapore.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Massive toll rate hike for Causeway users from Aug 1, including Singapore-bound vehicles
Desiree Tresa Gasper | The Star/Asia News Network | Sunday, Jul 27, 2014

JOHOR BARU - Toll rates for the Johor Causeway will increase by more than three times the current amount from Aug 1, and Singapore-bound vehicles will now have to pay toll when they did not have to before.

In a statement, Malaysian Highway Authority (LLM) director-general Datuk Ismail Mohd Salleh announced a major increase in toll rates to be imposed on all vehicles passing through the Bangunan Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) Complex, beginning Aug 1.

Additionally, Singapore-bound vehicles will now have to pay toll, which was previously only levied on vehicles headed into Malaysia.

He also said that all charges will be implemented electronically at both sides using the Touch 'n' Go card, with cash payments no longer possible.

2vv493m.jpg

A dedicated Touch 'n' Go lane will be manned around-the-clock to cater for motorists who do not have the card.

Toll rates for cars will be revised upwards from RM2.90 to RM9.70 (inbound) and RM6.80 imposed on outbound vehicles.

Inbound Class Two vehicles will now be levied RM4.50 (up from RM14.70) and RM10.20 for Singapore-bound vehicles. (See graphic for complete list).

Ismail added that the revised rates were appropriate given the facilities and services enjoyed by users that travelled to the complex using the Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL).

The EDL is an elevated highway built to help disperse traffic heading into the Johor Baru city area.

There are several exits from the EDL, with the last leading directly into the CIQ complex.

Ismail stressed that motorists using the 8.1km elevated highway would not be tolled if they do not go through the CIQ complex.

However, all Causeway users have no choice but to pay the toll.

No explanation was provided for the sudden hike, and LLM officials declined to comment when contacted.

It could not be ascertained how many vehicles that pass through the CIQ are actually headed towards or from the NSE as MHA did not provide any figures.

When contacted, state Public Works, Rural and Regional Development Committee chairman Datuk Hasni Mohammad said PLUS Bhd had applied to have the toll at the CIQ increased for some time.

"The increase is in view of future plans, which include the widening of the Sedenak-Skudai road from four lanes to six lanes," he said.

Mentri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the increase was appropriate as it would allow authorities to control the increasing number of vehicles entering Johor.

"The increase will not have an adverse effect on the state's economy," he said.

Khaled said the toll hike was not related to the proposed entry fee for foreign-registered vehicles into Johor.

"The (CIQ) toll is for all users," he said after handing out Hari Raya goodies to the less fortunate in Pasir Gudang here yesterday.

Johoreans who drive into Singapore daily for work are the ones expected to be the most hard hit by the toll hike.

- See more at: http://transport.asiaone.com/news/g...singapore-bound-vehicles#sthash.USlGLppl.dpuf

If you go to the chinese forums, you will clearly see a statement by the relevant authorities (in Malay, so get a friend t translate) that the toll hike is CLEARLY INTENDED TO FUND MRCB , the concessionaire for EDL. Hence, Najib is clearly making a U turn from BN election promise. johorean who vted bn will be voting for the opposition next round. good luck najib. KNNCCB !!! Najib you cannot make it la, you have no friends up there!

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
farkers found a "loophole" to u turn on election promise, based on a very tenuous logic. the statement goes something like "only 20% of EDL users enter CIQ. so by charging toll at the CIQ, the EDL remains free for majority of johoreans". Wow, brilliant. I take the LDP from kelana jaya to damansara perdana also i dont have to pay toll what. So, najib, is the LDP a TOLL FREE HIGHWAY??? KNN!!!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
farkers found a "loophole" to u turn on election promise, based on a very tenuous logic. the statement goes something like "only 20% of EDL users enter CIQ. so by charging toll at the CIQ, the EDL remains free for majority of johoreans". Wow, brilliant. I take the LDP from kelana jaya to damansara perdana also i dont have to pay toll what. So, najib, is the LDP a TOLL FREE HIGHWAY??? KNN!!!

Strong reaction :eek:

Chill... Happy Hari Raya Puasa :smile:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strong reaction :eek:

Chill... Happy Hari Raya Puasa :smile:

let's say i invite you and many other friends to a feast at my house.
'eh, come la , bro , bring your wife and kids, makan free my place'
then you come , makan the satay, the ketupat, the fried noodle, the roast pork, charsiew..
then after you jia pa pa happy happy lim kopi
i say:
"eh bro.. shit la. i got no money pay the caterer.
you dont mind i have to CHARGE you 10rm per pax lei.
paisei paisei hor.
but the makan is free. the charge is for entering my house.
aiya, ne'mind la. 10RM only what.
you earning singdollar right?
aiya, less than 3 SGD oni what. sup sup water la. small money."

what would your reaction be?
:smile:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
from bro kookk chinese cari forum..

memo_kutipantoll_CIQBSI.jpg

trasnlated (bolded portion)
"The new toll rates at BSI CIQ Johor Bahru will enable the holder of concessionaire for EDL Johor baru, MRCB Linkaran Selatn Sdn Bhd, to begin to collect tolls to defray the costs of building and maintaining the (EDL) highway as well as related amenities at the CIQ"

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
let's say i invite you and many other friends to a feast at my house.
'eh, come la , bro , bring your wife and kids, makan free my place'
then you come , makan the satay, the ketupat, the fried noodle, the roast pork, charsiew..
then after you jia pa pa happy happy lim kopi
i say:
"eh bro.. shit la. i got no money pay the caterer.
you dont mind i have to CHARGE you 10rm per pax lei.
paisei paisei hor.
but the makan is free. the charge is for entering my house.
aiya, ne'mind la. 10RM only what.
you earning singdollar right?
aiya, less than 3 SGD oni what. sup sup water la. small money."

what would your reaction be?
:smile:

After unwillingly pay for 10RM so called "the charge is for entering my house", sorry bro, forget to add "exiting my house, another 10RM. total 20RM ....:(

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have good reason to believe that the impending VEP for Singapore cars entering JB CIQ will only be in force between 10 am and 6 pm daily.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tol just equal the rate of causeway and 2nd link. Is a good move actually to move some of the traffic to 2nd oink.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Possibly during the jam hours la.

So now off peak also Possibly will be jammed.

But it will help spread the traffic.

I have good reason to believe that the impending VEP for Singapore cars entering JB CIQ will only be in force between 10 am and 6 pm daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.