• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
most msian workers ride into spore so they are not concern. those die die must or need to drive into spore to work, they just have to find some reimbursement somewhere maybe thru their customers or working OT. those leisure car drivers will enter after peak hours so no concern too.

but sporeans entering into jb or other parts of msia go mainly for business or work are not as many as those who go for petrol or groceries either day trip or after office hours. the issue will come if they do not have any options like charging flat RATE per day regardless what time you enter. that will surely kill it. but then if they waive it for certain timing then you better be happy with the current jam because when that happens, those free entry hours jam will be worse than you have ever seen. omg!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
New causeway, old way!! :biggrin:
splitting_the_ST.jpg

Last edited:

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore concerned over Malaysia’s retaliatory VEP move, explains rationale behind fee increase
In Cars, Local News / By Danny Tan / 23 July 2014 3:45 pm
Read more: http://paultan.org/2014/07/23/singapore-concerned-malaysias-retaliatory-vep-move/#ixzz38MJcQumK

" Malaysian cars and motorcycles continue to enjoy the following VEP-free days and VEP-free hours (when entering Singapore):

- Saturdays, Sundays and Singapore Public Holidays;
- 10 normal weekdays per calendar year; and
- Between 5pm and 2am on all other days (these VEP-free hours are extended to start at 12 noon instead of 5pm during the June and December Singapore school holidays).

It was pointed out that the above works out to a total of around 125 days per year that are VEP-free on top of the daily VEP-free hours. So it appears that there’s a logic behind Singapore’s VEP fee increase. Does Malaysia have a rationale for the retaliatory move other than “you VEP me, I VEP you”?

Earlier this week, Kedah announced plans to impose a VEP fee on Thai-registered vehicles coming in from the north. “Currently, drivers of foreign-registered vehicles avoid getting penalised for traffic offences once they return to their country. With the VEP in force, all data on the vehicles involved in traffic offences can be retrieved and the motorists can be fined before leaving the country,” State Education, Transportation and Works Committee chairman Datuk Tajul Urus Mat Zain explained."

Should there be consultations with SMEs and Iskandar Development people I am sure there will be a change of heart. Instead of "you VEP me, I VEP you", JB should try to make Iskandar a place of good living for foreigners including Singaporeans. And surely they would want more people to visit and spend their money on everything. Isn't this year the VISIT TO MALAYSIA YEAR?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told by the female sales ex price is RM 680psf after rebate. If one need to pay 20% DP, I don't believe this will be a sell-out

Iskandar office suites sold out
Get Daily Property News in Malaysia, News Powered by PropertyGuru Malaysia

Jul 24, 2014
table_add Comment email_go E-mail to friend share Bookmark & Share
Sunway is proud to announce that it has sold all the 167 office suites at Citrine, the first phase of its Sunway Iskandar township project, during the opening of its sales gallery.

Located at The Lakeview precinct next to the 20-acre tranquil Emerald Lake, the units were snapped up at an average selling price of RM760 psf, with sizes ranging from 746 to 1,671 sq ft.

“We are very encouraged with the strong response to our first launch as our buyers liked our approach in providing a holistic range of products to create a community within The Lakeview precinct to live, learn, work, shop and play,” according to Sarena Cheah, Joint Managing Director of Sunway’s Property Development Division for Malaysia and Singapore.

Besides the office suites, Citrine also comprises 51 retail units and 328 serviced apartments. The latter comes with a price tag of between RM800 and RM900 psf, while sizes range between 618 and 1,571 sq ft.

“With the overwhelming response for the designer office suites, we decided to immediately open registration for the priority preview of Citrine’s serviced apartments,” said Cheah, adding that all the residential units are equipped with high speed broadband connection.

Spanning more 1,800 acres, Sunway Iskandar is touted as one of the largest towns developed by Sunway, and features about 700 acres of equatorial rainforest.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes i agree.

Take away that keyword and I think majority of us are much better off living in Spore itself.

The only thing which makes JB appealing to Singapore residents ( be it Malaysians or foreigners in Singapore ) is the word:" CHEAP "

Take away the word and JB is like a Kampong in Kelantan

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have forummer giving us info that Malaysian can get 90% loan quantam with a salary of RM3500. It speaks of the quality of the buyers. Once a Tsunami comes sweeping, these people will be hurt badly.

I was told by the female sales ex price is RM 680psf after rebate. If one need to pay 20% DP, I don't believe this will be a sell-out

Iskandar office suites sold out
Get Daily Property News in Malaysia, News Powered by PropertyGuru Malaysia

Jul 24, 2014
table_add Comment email_go E-mail to friend share Bookmark & Share
Sunway is proud to announce that it has sold all the 167 office suites at Citrine, the first phase of its Sunway Iskandar township project, during the opening of its sales gallery.

Located at The Lakeview precinct next to the 20-acre tranquil Emerald Lake, the units were snapped up at an average selling price of RM760 psf, with sizes ranging from 746 to 1,671 sq ft.

“We are very encouraged with the strong response to our first launch as our buyers liked our approach in providing a holistic range of products to create a community within The Lakeview precinct to live, learn, work, shop and play,” according to Sarena Cheah, Joint Managing Director of Sunway’s Property Development Division for Malaysia and Singapore.

Besides the office suites, Citrine also comprises 51 retail units and 328 serviced apartments. The latter comes with a price tag of between RM800 and RM900 psf, while sizes range between 618 and 1,571 sq ft.

“With the overwhelming response for the designer office suites, we decided to immediately open registration for the priority preview of Citrine’s serviced apartments,” said Cheah, adding that all the residential units are equipped with high speed broadband connection.

Spanning more 1,800 acres, Sunway Iskandar is touted as one of the largest towns developed by Sunway, and features about 700 acres of equatorial rainforest.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore concerned over Malaysia’s retaliatory VEP move, explains rationale behind fee increase
In Cars, Local News / By Danny Tan / 23 July 2014 3:45 pm
Read more: http://paultan.org/2014/07/23/singapore-concerned-malaysias-retaliatory-vep-move/#ixzz38MJcQumK

" Malaysian cars and motorcycles continue to enjoy the following VEP-free days and VEP-free hours (when entering Singapore):

- Saturdays, Sundays and Singapore Public Holidays;
- 10 normal weekdays per calendar year; and
- Between 5pm and 2am on all other days (these VEP-free hours are extended to start at 12 noon instead of 5pm during the June and December Singapore school holidays).

It was pointed out that the above works out to a total of around 125 days per year that are VEP-free on top of the daily VEP-free hours. So it appears that there’s a logic behind Singapore’s VEP fee increase. Does Malaysia have a rationale for the retaliatory move other than “you VEP me, I VEP you”?

Earlier this week, Kedah announced plans to impose a VEP fee on Thai-registered vehicles coming in from the north. “Currently, drivers of foreign-registered vehicles avoid getting penalised for traffic offences once they return to their country. With the VEP in force, all data on the vehicles involved in traffic offences can be retrieved and the motorists can be fined before leaving the country,” State Education, Transportation and Works Committee chairman Datuk Tajul Urus Mat Zain explained."

Should there be consultations with SMEs and Iskandar Development people I am sure there will be a change of heart. Instead of "you VEP me, I VEP you", JB should try to make Iskandar a place of good living for foreigners including Singaporeans. And surely they would want more people to visit and spend their money on everything. Isn't this year the VISIT TO MALAYSIA YEAR?

Actually this tit for tat situation could have been avoided if the Malaysian govt have been informed of this move to increase the VEP for Malaysian cars and the 2 ministers of transport meet to discuss the impact and maybe do a joint announcement. This new vep announcement was so sudden and took everyone by surprise.
All these years the Malaysian govt have been ok with the $20 VEP. So they are actually very accommodating. They never complain and even allow Singaporeans to come in free, pump their cheap petrol, buy their heavily subsidised groceries etc.. They have this give and take attitude. Whatever reasons the spore govt give every body knows its legitimate. But at least have a dialogue first like a good friend or good neighbour especially when the spore govt knows its going to hurt the pockets of some Malaysians.
So now the Malaysia govt will said no to cheap petrol, no to buying subsidised groceries , no to free entry to Malaysia. Maybe more to come.
Why the spore govt got played out in Suzhou , same problem. No empathy at all.
We are surrounded by Malays who are really very accommodating people. The kampong spirit.
All the goodwill that lhl tried to build with najib all gone down the drain.
They will see spore govt as fair weather friends and too business like and insincere.
Why is George Yeo so well liked still by his peers even though he no longer foreign ministers.?
He comes across as a genuine and sincere person. Not like our current bunch of ministers.

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually this tit for tat situation could have been avoided if the Malaysian govt have been informed of this move to increase the VEP for Malaysian cars and the 2 ministers of transport meet to discuss the impact and maybe do a joint announcement. This new vep announcement was so sudden and took everyone by surprise.
All these years the Malaysian govt have been ok with the $20 VEP. So they are actually very accommodating. They never complain and even allow Singaporeans to come in free, pump their cheap petrol, buy their heavily subsidised groceries etc.. They have this give and take attitude. Whatever reasons the spore govt give every body knows its legitimate. But at least have a dialogue first like a good friend or good neighbour especially when the spore govt knows its going to hurt the pockets of some Malaysians.
So now the Malaysia govt will said no to cheap petrol, no to buying subsidised groceries , no to free entry to Malaysia. Maybe more to come.
We are surrounded by Malays who are really very accommodating people. The kampong spirit.
They will see spore govt as fair weather friends and too business like and insincere.
Why is George Yeo so well liked still by his peers even though he no longer foreign ministers.?
He comes across as a genuine and sincere person. Not like our current bunch of ministers.

Tuck Yew was from Navy...
What do you think??

Those scholars think they so big fuck..
Elite mentailty..
Group think...

No wonders our country is slowly dying at the hands of these fucked up scholars..

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree with you,
george yeo if in single seat ward may not lose
too bad he, with a lousy team was up against the only formidable opposition

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry hor what the Malaysia govt did or roll out we have no right to criticize. But what I know if that the Singapore govt is giggling fro behind the scene while issuing statements showing " concern " that Malaysia is doing tit-for-tat.

What the Malaysia govt do ( the VEP ) could potentially stop the flow of a few hundred millions of Singapore dollars into Malaysia economy and thereby boost the Singapore economy to make it much stronger.

And you know what? The PAP don't even need to stop Singaporeans from crossing over. The other side is doing it for them!

Power?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry hor what the Malaysia govt did or roll out we have no right to criticize. But what I know if that the Singapore govt is giggling fro behind the scene while issuing statements showing " concern " that Malaysia is doing tit-for-tat.

That was the rational behind. Why should Malaysia charge VEP to foreign cars ? Singaporean has been spending a lot of money on their hypermart, petrol , carwash, massage Parlour and of course food.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think the msia side all this time felt very unfair and very tulan.
some johore high ranking fellow requested some years back for a levy, it was rejected.
again some road builders asked to collect toll for the use of EDL, it was rejected.
so now they tak boleh tahan leow. spore now increase so high, they red eye now.
so by hook or by crook must raise it now now now (bang table)!

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was the rational behind. Why should Malaysia charge VEP to foreign cars ? Singaporean has been spending a lot of money on their hypermart, petrol , carwash, massage Parlour and of course food.

Cos the M'sia gov wish to see lesser & lesser S'porean visiting to their country.. Thereafter everywhere poor business.. Many retail business close shop.. Less S'porean buying their pty.. etc etc haha :biggrin:

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think the msia side all this time felt very unfair and very tulan. some johore high ranking fellow requested some years back for a levy, it was rejected. again some road builders asked to collect toll for the use of EDL, it was rejected. so now they tak boleh tahan leow. spore now increase so high, they red eye now. so by hook or by crook must raise it now now now (bang table)!

Why should they tulan? They want to make Singaporeans and foreigners go over and spend money and invest in Iskandar either in the form of factories or selected businesses. There was no reason to impose VEP fees since they want more people to enter JB. Take Ron7 for instance, the price without any subsidy, has been moderated reasonably affordable for Singaporeans to go across to buy some. When they went over, they buy goods and spend on entertainment and makes the city more liveable.....The last time when they wanted to impose RM20 for VEP fees was I believe in 2012. Somehow the matter faded away. But now they sound serious with Najib coming out to okayed the fees. However, tulan they are, they should stick to RM20 if they want to just impose a fee. To justify for more, they say "the Singapore dollar was stronger than the Malaysian ringgit" and therefore the amount should be at least RM50 (per entry). I wonder what the effect will be if it is RM50 per entry!

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sad they dint levy RM 50 on Singapore cars. If the jams are going to persist, there is no point because the toll increase is to match Tuas only.. no significance.. RM 20 at most

Status
Not open for further replies.