• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Johor state government charges RM20 per SG car; the money can be used to maintain the roads, pay the immigration officers, etc. And RM20 or even RM40 is just around S$8-16; savings from shopping, eating, massage and watching movies will be in the hundreds of SGD.

So, it will be beneficial for the Johor gov to charge, even if they keep the money for themselves. Singaporeans and those earning SGD, but stay in Sg, will continue their routine of coming to Johor.

There is no need to charge RM20 per car. I can raise a lot more money by raising the tax level for JB.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is people's country, any amount that people want to charge is beyond us. Just like the RPGT flat 30% for 5 years, only can accept and have two choices - wait it out or pay up. The good thing is for shoppers, unlike property owners, they do have a choice to walk away whereas the property owners are stucked.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where to buy good lew lian in JB? Mao Shan Wang type. I dun want to be carrot.

I bot 1kg ~RM25 2 wks ago ard seri alam. Pick those from e basket if possible. Looks at bottom of durian, got a very prominent 5 STAR..tat is 猫山王

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM 20 is too little really. Make it RM 100 if possible. If they dare to make it RM 100 per SG car, lets all declare a Levy-day and laugh at the empty Kastam and suddenly-deserted JB. Within 2 weeks Johor economy will be worse than Kelantan

RM100 is like S$40 only. Is that for per entry? Afterall Spore is charging $35/day for Malaysian car. 2 weeks half empty in JB but 2 months later, all also go back to normal. Other than shopping complexes, where to go somemore in Spore? We will see more innovative ppl carpool and less jams.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bot 1kg ~RM25 2 wks ago ard seri alam. Pick those from e basket if possible. Looks at bottom of durian, got a very prominent 5 STAR..tat is 猫山王

Oh, Seri Alam is quite far... So prices have fallen but only slightly cheaper than SG.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM100 is like S$40 only. Is that for per entry? Afterall Spore is charging $35/day for Malaysian car. 2 weeks half empty in JB but 2 months later, all also go back to normal. Other than shopping complexes, where to go somemore in Spore? We will see more innovative ppl carpool and less jams.

Not sure why countries like to have tit for tat thinking. Singapore has a huge Malaysian workforce and a COE policy. Obviously to prevent a workaround of that COE policy, the gov now introduce the hike. It hits some of our friends here but also Singapore business which uses Malaysian transport into Singapore. I do not think the gov really need the money hence I believe there is room for adjustment. Legit entries like the trucks coming in may be waive, buses above a certain size and bona fide tourist also waive.

So I think the Malaysian gov would do better to negotiate a tweak of the policy thru its diplomatic channel and will result a win win for both.

One furmmer wrote a detail cost savings of a Malaysian car vs COE @ 50k. If I were a Malaysian working here sure think of way to drive in with a non s plate. The rational is the same why we have a 3/4 rule and why s plate cannot buy lower grade petrol in Malaysia.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure why countries like to have tit for tat thinking. Singapore has a huge Malaysian workforce and a COE policy. Obviously to prevent a workaround of that COE policy, the gov now introduce the hike. It hits some of our friends here but also Singapore business which uses Malaysian transport into Singapore. I do not think the gov really need the money hence I believe there is room for adjustment. Legit entries like the trucks coming in may be waive, buses above a certain size and bona fide tourist also waive.

So I think the Malaysian gov would do better to negotiate a tweak of the policy thru its diplomatic channel and will result a win win for both.

One furmmer wrote a detail cost savings of a Malaysian car vs COE @ 50k. If I were a Malaysian working here sure think of way to drive in with a non s plate. The rational is the same why we have a 3/4 rule and why s plate cannot buy lower grade petrol in Malaysia.

This is my experience last week. I have 3 of these autopass which were old ones. And when I pass through Customs with my new car, they said I have to have a new pass. paid $10.00 for it. But it is not the same as the old one as not all car park accept this new autopass. I said I have 3 of these passes already, they said, one car 1 pass. Then I said, can I transfer or get back my money? The answer is only when you drive the same car which means I have to drive my 3 other cars individually to have the money refunded, then again I have to buy new passes for these 3 cars again...sigh.... No way Malaysians can win this game.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
why they like 'cove' so much just because theres a cove in sentosa?

i really dont know what to describe this kind of pty ad by R&F
if buyers do buy based on this ad then i really dont know what to say.
can see mbs? even if can see, so what? Why every ideal view is facing spore?
why not the hills and seas or blue sky? why must face spore?

Attachments

• 20140703_092351.jpg
    20140703_092351.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 208
  • R&F_Princess_Cove_Iskandar_Malaysia_Urpropertysg.JPG
    R&F_Princess_Cove_Iskandar_Malaysia_Urpropertysg.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited by a moderator:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is my experience last week. I have 3 of these autopass which were old ones. And when I pass through Customs with my new car, they said I have to have a new pass. paid $10.00 for it. But it is not the same as the old one as not all car park accept this new autopass. I said I have 3 of these passes already, they said, one car 1 pass. Then I said, can I transfer or get back my money? The answer is only when you drive the same car which means I have to drive my 3 other cars individually to have the money refunded, then again I have to buy new passes for these 3 cars again...sigh.... No way Malaysians can win this game.

autopass card must be tie to vehicle since this is a vehicle entry permt.

Just checked for you. Don't trust the ICA officer, some are rookie and not well versed, moreover autopass is under LTA, not ICA.

from LTA website:
"HOW DO I APPLY FOR A REFUND OF MY AUTOPASS CARD?
You can apply for a refund of your Autopass Card at the following venues:

Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP)/Toll office at Woodlands or Tuas Checkpoint
LTA office at 10 Sin Ming Drive
Mail the required documents to LTA at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701
You will need to submit the following:

the original Autopass Card
a photocopy of your passport/ NRIC of the refund applicant
a refund application form (available at Woodlands or Tuas Checkpoint/ LTA counters)
For sending via registered mail, the refund application form is available here. Please note that LTA will not be held liable for any loss and refund can only be processed upon submission of all the required documents."

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltawe...ng-in-and-out-of-singapore/autopass-card.html

basically you go to LTA (sin ming) or woodland VEP/ tuas VEP, bring all your old autopass, fill up the form for each of the pass, bring the photocpy of ic/ passposrt of the original vehicle owners' registerred to the old autopass (one for each), and put a mailing address. they will post a cash cheque to you or the refund address. easier if you ask LTA to mail the cheque to someone in singapore as the cheq is in sing $. no need to bring each of your other cars in. no need vehicle log card too.

hope this helps

Last edited:

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the image gave a very false impression..
The R&F tower is like 2 times over the height of nearby 50-storeys condo.. unless it is really 100-storeys & above..

Last edited by a moderator:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
autopass card must be tie to vehicle since this is a vehicle entry permt.

Just checked for you. Don't trust the ICA officer, some are rookie and not well versed, moreover autopass is under LTA, not ICA.

from LTA website:
"HOW DO I APPLY FOR A REFUND OF MY AUTOPASS CARD?
You can apply for a refund of your Autopass Card at the following venues:

Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP)/Toll office at Woodlands or Tuas Checkpoint
LTA office at 10 Sin Ming Drive
Mail the required documents to LTA at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701
You will need to submit the following:

the original Autopass Card
a photocopy of your passport/ NRIC of the refund applicant
a refund application form (available at Woodlands or Tuas Checkpoint/ LTA counters)
For sending via registered mail, the refund application form is available here. Please note that LTA will not be held liable for any loss and refund can only be processed upon submission of all the required documents."

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltawe...ng-in-and-out-of-singapore/autopass-card.html

basically you go to LTA (sin ming) or woodland VEP/ tuas VEP, bring all your old autopass, fill up the form for each of the pass, bring the photocpy of ic/ passposrt of the original vehicle owners' registerred to the old autopass (one for each), and put a mailing address. they will post a cash cheque to you or the refund address. easier if you ask LTA to mail the cheque to someone in singapore as the cheq is in sing $. no need to bring each of your other cars in. no need vehicle log card too.

hope this helps

Thanks a lot. I will check that out.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new Autopass issued now doesn't have the chip, so some carparks cannot read this new Autopass and end up have to buy a NETS cashcard with chip. That's how I solved my problem and I also installed an IU in my car.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
\
JB main selling point is proximity to singapore.
but i think the ad is very informative .
i finally know what HOPSCA stadns for!!!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
why they like 'cove' so much just because theres a cove in sentosa?

i really dont know what to describe this kind of pty ad by R&F
if buyers do buy based on this ad then i really dont know what to say.
can see mbs? even if can see, so what? Why every ideal view is facing spore?
why not the hills and seas or blue sky? why must face spore?

it's bcos facing water -> $$ :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.