• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
But Singaporean no choice have to buy 500k above. They showed me the charts, Tower A the 3 bdrm all gone except for a couple of units left. Maybe should just "let it go, let go, turn away and slam the door":p

haha... well.. maybe you got a good feeling then go for it. i rem somebody also told frodo he cannot make it across mordor. then he kanna arrow at the end of part I. :smile:

but just so you know what is around you, here is a seri palma condo for sale .

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/1486293/taman-daya-apartment-forsale

1938 sft, 330k. leasehold.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha... well.. maybe you got a good feeling then go for it. i rem somebody also told frodo he cannot make it across mordor. then he kanna arrow at the end of part I. :smile:

but just so you know what is around you, here is a seri palma condo for sale .

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/1486293/taman-daya-apartment-forsale

1938 sft, 330k. leasehold.

But problem is being Singaporean this less than 500K condos not appropriate for comparison or decision making leh...must compare like with like given the foreigner restrictions.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
But problem is being Singaporean this less than 500K condos not appropriate for comparison or decision making leh...must compare like with like given the foreigner restrictions.

but the problem is in this case the same location have competitor which is much cheaper. it means in future they will fight with your condo for tenant, for subsale etc.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
but the problem is in this case the same location have competitor which is much cheaper. it means in future they will fight with your condo for tenant, for subsale etc.

i see, but for singaporean just have to live with that lor, if really want to buy.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Now as long as developers got the exemption letter for 500k, foreigners can still buy highrise properties for which the developer has the exemption letter which is still under the 1m restriction which came into force on May 1st. Added in is the fact that the subsequent resale of this property down the road (sold to foreigner below the 1m mark) can also be done under 1m if need be.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now as long as developers got the exemption letter for 500k, foreigners can still buy highrise properties for which the developer has the exemption letter which is still under the 1m restriction which came into force on May 1st. Added in is the fact that the subsequent resale of this property down the road (sold to foreigner below the 1m mark) can also be done under 1m if need be.

This is supposedly the last property that can buy below one million. But what's your take on this? Can jump in, or walk away, and sing let it go?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks Bro Wuqi for the clarification. Just 2 questions here:

(1) Does the exemption apply only to high-rise or landed too?
(2) If the original purchase was by a local, can it be resold to foreigners? Or is there a "foreigner-to-foreigner only" restriction for sub-sale?

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry bro WuQi, don't get what u mean. Do you mean that we can resell to foreigners even if sales price is below RM1m provided we get approval ? Is there such approval in the first place ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Frodo, I will still buy if the location is good. Location is the number one priority when i look at housing. Everything else is the lesser + or - factor in the decision making process.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok bros, its like this:

Exemption letter applies to the property that the developer is constructing. For example, XXX developer has 5 projects and these 5 projects started their launch and construction before the budget and the May 1st deadline. Now before June 30th, the developer still has a chance to apply for the exemption. What the exemption entails is basically like this (from what little i understand and know)

Developer sells 550k for a property to a foreigner who bought it directly.
Upon completion 1-4 years later sells it at 800k without the 1m limit.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

are you sure? let me clarify what you just said. As long as a property with exemption from 1m floor price ie was originally developer sold with 500k min foreigner floor price ie foreigner eligible, it will remain so for subsequent subsale?

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
are you sure? let me clarify what you just said. As long as a property with exemption from 1m floor price ie was originally developer sold with 500k min foreigner floor price ie foreigner eligible, it will remain so for subsequent subsale?

I think it's still quite hazy and understandably, the Johor authorities are quiet on the proposed exemption. I think we will get a clearer picture in the coming weeks/months. SEC also long way from completion. By then, the picture should be clearer.....hehe

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Frodo, I will still buy if the location is good. Location is the number one priority when i look at housing. Everything else is the lesser + or - factor in the decision making process.

LOL! I am still not sure if I am getting the hint, but given the choices below what is your view on this (no worries won't hold you to it, just seeking wise counsel):biggrin:

A. Buy lah, wait for what?
B. Buy, because I also bought
C. I would buy if I were you
D. Not fantastic but ok, unique mah
E. Not a good buy, you should see XYZ
F. Give me also don't want....wait on 2nd thought I take
G. Avoid like the plague

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you like the area and don't mind staying there, then BUY IT.

If you think there is some investment gain (risk) in this area and UNSURE if prices will go up or down....THEN DON'T BUY IT.

But if you are asking for opinion, I would go with E.

LOL! I am still not sure if I am getting the hint, but given the choices below what is your view on this (no worries won't hold you to it, just seeking wise counsel):biggrin:

A. Buy lah, wait for what?
B. Buy, because I also bought
C. I would buy if I were you
D. Not fantastic but ok, unique mah
E. Not a good buy, you should see XYZ
F. Give me also don't want....wait on 2nd thought I take
G. Avoid like the plague

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Sat, i got a text from a friend. In the text it showed a picture of a Q at a Kovan Market.

He wrote "Wah Sian wanton mee que" .... "Prawn Mee also que" " All Famous One"

After some replies from me, he wrote, "I que for 30mins liao wanton mee haven't get" ..."Later going que Prawn Mee"

i replied " Wah, N people say i am crazy going to JB with the Q"

All in my friend spent 1hr 45mins to go to Kovan Market to buy food and be back at home.

At some stage i Replied " Ultimately what makes us "CRAZY" is the end product"

So for those of you who go through the Q ing at custom just to stay SG......what makes you do it?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you like the area and don't mind staying there, then BUY IT.

If you think there is some investment gain (risk) in this area and UNSURE if prices will go up or down....THEN DON'T BUY IT.

But if you are asking for opinion, I would go with E.

Thanks! Don't mind me asking what you would suggest is an alternative good buy with similar package as KSL Residences@Daya?

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typo

JB not SG.

So for those of you who go through the Q ing at custom just to stay JB......what makes you do it?

Last Sat, i got a text from a friend. In the text it showed a picture of a Q at a Kovan Market.

He wrote "Wah Sian wanton mee que" .... "Prawn Mee also que" " All Famous One"

After some replies from me, he wrote, "I que for 30mins liao wanton mee haven't get" ..."Later going que Prawn Mee"

i replied " Wah, N people say i am crazy going to JB with the Q"

All in my friend spent 1hr 45mins to go to Kovan Market to buy food and be back at home.

At some stage i Replied " Ultimately what makes us "CRAZY" is the end product"

So for those of you who go through the Q ing at custom just to stay JB......what makes you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.