• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
They got no right to stop you or lock u up. If they do they are in deep deep shit cos you did not breach their immigration rules. You entered Malaysia via proper channels and proper documents and you did not overstay

Yesterday evening I drove family out of JB. At Woodlands customs the MY counter officer checked our passports and asked if we are living in JB. I said yes and he asked if we have a long stay permit. He said we are only having social stay. I basically just smiled and go. Anyone has this experience before? How to answer such questions?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday evening I drove family out of JB. At Woodlands customs the MY counter officer checked our passports and asked if we are living in JB. I said yes and he asked if we have a long stay permit. He said we are only having social stay. I basically just smiled and go. Anyone has this experience before? How to answer such questions?

Just say you have relatives in JB, and what you are doing is just short social stays each time < 30 days.... Cant possibly charge you for over-staying 1..... Doing MACS may reduce the frequency of such questions.....haha

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are there risk to buy and stay in Malaysia property without long stay permit?

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't really think of any risks unless Msia decides to do sometink to the length of stay in Msia with a cap.
e.g: Max 1 yr of 180days stay within Msia. If that happens then jialut liao…

:*:

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe many retired property owner do a visa run every 30 day on their social visa. If there are changes on this aspect, then Iskandar is no longer attractive.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
UOB Malaysia offer me 4.05% for 1 year FD.
3.80% for 3 months.

I use my ringgit suppose to pay for my property to place a FD.

Not bad to collect RMx00,000 before my properties TOP.:cool:

Malaysian FD for now interest rate not 5%
Its around 3.x% only
Forex risk is high, just like AUD FD, if AUD up good, if drop then stuck

Satrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,
Heard JB have recently changed some policy regarding Foreigners own properties, that is foreigners can Only sell their properties to Foreigners now.
Can any Bro & Sis confirm on this new ruling.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,
Heard JB have recently changed some policy regarding Foreigners own properties, that is foreigners can Only sell their properties to Foreigners now.
Can any Bro & Sis confirm on this new ruling.

so far no such news. there are a lot of rumours that are unsubstantiated. and what would be the rationale of a "foreigner to foreigner only" ruling from the POV of the state?

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
UOB Malaysia offer me 4.05% for 1 year FD.
3.80% for 3 months.

I use my ringgit suppose to pay for my property to place a FD.

Not bad to collect RMx00,000 before my properties TOP.:cool:

Are you sure it will work, Bro.? Not to poke holes in your idea, for all i know, it may be a great idea, but......

A short time ago, my relationship manager offered me what i call a "Rocket Science" structured product. Claimed to have returns of 200-300%. Now, you are sure to say, 'must be a Con Job.' Anyway, it was a heavily-leveraged structured product. I went back home and thought it through. What i found was, it is all right if the Underlying(asset) does not Crash. If the Underlying crashes, then I will either take a hefty loss(on-paper), or worse, i may have to Top Up. In the end, i thought, the chance of taking a loss is just too great. Even if it returns 200-300% to me in the beginning, in the Long Run, i will get a brutal beating.

Your RM account, be careful. If you can, run a computer simulation on what can possibly happen to your account in the Future. If you are not computer-savvy, do the simulations on the back of an envelope. Simple simulation is enough.

Personally, i will not hold RM in cash.

Hope all this is of some use to you, Bro.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currency devaluation of MYR vs SGD within 1yr period should still be ok la.
He mentioned it's a 1yr FD via UOB so pretty safe besides the a/m.

I dun hav a Crystal Ball but i would be surprised if 1 Sgd gets more than 2.67 Myr by Nov 2015.
If that happens than Yes, the interest all gets eaten up.
But nobody knows lag… 1yr very fast gone one.

:biggrin:

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since it's living thread here,how do johorean celebrate new year eve?I invited frends to stay over thus thinking abt,hotel dinner following by some drinks.at pub,btw Im staying at bukit indah,btw saw this thai place at the shop house at BI,is it appropriate for couple to go?another than that the pub near setia office looks decent.ps where to buy fire crackers?can put that day?thks for advice.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those Ringgit is to pay off properties I bought as I did not take any loan.

Just find 2.58 rate too good.

Different people play differently. My objective is to own properties. Currency is just a tool to achieve my goal.
I have been a Forex dealer before. So I know what I am doing.

Are you sure it will work, Bro.? Not to poke holes in your idea, for all i know, it may be a great idea, but......

A short time ago, my relationship manager offered me what i call a "Rocket Science" structured product. Claimed to have returns of 200-300%. Now, you are sure to say, 'must be a Con Job.' Anyway, it was a heavily-leveraged structured product. I went back home and thought it through. What i found was, it is all right if the Underlying(asset) does not Crash. If the Underlying crashes, then I will either take a hefty loss(on-paper), or worse, i may have to Top Up. In the end, i thought, the chance of taking a loss is just too great. Even if it returns 200-300% to me in the beginning, in the Long Run, i will get a brutal beating.

Your RM account, be careful. If you can, run a computer simulation on what can possibly happen to your account in the Future. If you are not computer-savvy, do the simulations on the back of an envelope. Simple simulation is enough.

Personally, i will not hold RM in cash.

Hope all this is of some use to you, Bro.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To hit 2.68 to eat up 4% by Nov 2015.

GST to kick in next April 2015. Inflation will hit the roof. Building cost will go haywire.

Developers whom sell at current price level will feel the heat next year.

Currency devaluation of MYR vs SGD within 1yr period should still be ok la.
He mentioned it's a 1yr FD via UOB so pretty safe besides the a/m.

I dun hav a Crystal Ball but i would be surprised if 1 Sgd gets more than 2.67 Myr by Nov 2015.
If that happens than Yes, the interest all gets eaten up.
But nobody knows lag… 1yr very fast gone one.

:biggrin:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those Ringgit is to pay off properties I bought as I did not take any loan.

Just find 2.58 rate too good.

Different people play differently. My objective is to own properties. Currency is just a tool to achieve my goal.
I have been a Forex dealer before. So I know what I am doing.

Err.....Don't quite understand the rationale for buying an investment property without taking a loan, unless one wants to flip really fast. Esp if one is considered as non resident.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well the angmo financial engineering experts would consider it a sin to buy in cash. They will be shaking their heads in disbelief at Asians' lack of financial literacy. LOL.....

Rational is the opportunity cost. If you have the means, why not use the money from bank to play around ?

If you take a loan you got to pay the interest of the loan taken.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
when i was young, i took a car loan, only kept for 1 yr.
a bit older, i paid in full for e 2nd car, still driving it. :biggrin:

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rational is the opportunity cost. If you have the means, why not use the money from bank to play around ?

If you take a loan you got to pay the interest of the loan taken.

Very difficult to explain this in a few words. It involves financial concepts on return on equity, tax minimization, risk minimization. For investment property, the financial experts always advocate to take loans. Not only can you buy more properties, you can utilise the power of leverage in maximising your ROE.

You can read the book by Brett Alegre Woods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggv7e5gusan8es0/3 plus 1 plan.pdf?dl=0

Status
Not open for further replies.