• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Proven formula? Which other country does this? It is a formula that no one will want it for their own country but other people's country no problem.

If everyone has this formula, Singapore would not be amongst richest, will not be the most desired place for expats, would not be the safest in the region, will not be amongst the most secure banking system.
There's no shame in copying a successful formula, anyway. Malaysia still have long way to go to copy that.
Be prepared for increased public carpark costs and new assessment / council rates as these are based on increased rental values.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. When a Toyota Vios in JB ( brand new ) cost just S$28,000 and the brand new cost S$115,000 ( 4 times more ), a $50/day levy is really very cheap already. $100 per day is also cheap as insurance in JB cost S$200 compared to S$2000 in Singapore per year and road tax is about S$50 in Malaysia compared to S$700 in Singapore

so at $35/day still complain till kingdom come? *Shake Head*

dont forget we (S plate owners) also have to pay 70K COE (i.e works out to $20 a day irregardless of sunday, public holiday, etc), and it's leasehold (10 year) vs m'sia car Freehold !

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If everyone has this formula, Singapore would not be amongst richest, will not be the most desired place for expats, would not be the safest in the region, will not be amongst the most secure banking system.
There's no shame in copying a successful formula, anyway. Malaysia still have long way to go to copy that.
Be prepared for increased public carpark costs and new assessment / council rates as these are based on increased rental values.

I think Msia also quite safe, not that bad. Assessment already increased what, cant remember exact but my second half assessment increased from 200 plus to 400 plus rm, almost 100 percent increase.

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right in a way. I heard many of my colleagues telling me many young Malaysians were complaining on facebook that they need to pay S$35 to drive into Singapore to earn S$2000/month. This is totally absurd and spoilt generation. I always tell people that the current generation of younger Malaysians just cannot be compared to those in the past. In the past, did you ever hear of those seniors griping while riding into Singapore and cheonging the messy old JB kastams?

That's why we don't bother to recruit Malaysians since 3 years ago.. Last time its only Malaysians that we recruit.. now all bosses around me would rather stick to lazy young Singaporeans as they can speak English and the difference end there

Those Malaysians choosing to drive to Sg to work and live in JB are the ones that reckon it's more convenient and fast way to travel in and out than renting a room in Sg. $20 entry fee is not much compared to renting and spending money on food etc in Sg. Now they need to reconsider their option.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those Malaysians choosing to drive to Sg to work and live in JB are the ones that reckon it's more convenient and fast way to travel in and out than renting a room in Sg. $20 entry fee is not much compared to renting and spending money on food etc in Sg. Now they need to reconsider their option.

The authorities should ask what is the purpose. Just for a tit for tat is dumb.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltawe...-erp-fee-for-foreign-registered-vehicles.html

Is this correct? Foreign cars only need to pay a fixed ERP of S$5 daily? I thought it is S$10. If it's just $5 for entire day, it still makes great sense for foreign work permit holders to drive to Raffles Place. Already some ERP gantry already cost $6 per gantry during peak hours.

I also agree with a moving average VEH (tagged to COE prices). Maybe a 12 months moving avg makes sense, and is hard for the other side to refute.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's been like that since long time ago. It's a double edged sword, it's worth it if you pass a lot of ERPs (>$5) but if you just pass just 1, you also pay $5.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltawe...-erp-fee-for-foreign-registered-vehicles.html

Is this correct? Foreign cars only need to pay a fixed ERP of S$5 daily? I thought it is S$10. If it's just $5 for entire day, it still makes great sense for foreign work permit holders to drive to Raffles Place. Already some ERP gantry already cost $6 per gantry during peak hours.

I also agree with a moving average VEH (tagged to COE prices). Maybe a 12 months moving avg makes sense, and is hard for the other side to refute.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
you'll never believe this.
this pic showcases princess cove which the sultan had just officiated
the man made sand is nice but one wouldnt dare to touch the filthy water.
they should forget about featuring the beaches. for fishing maybe, swimming sunbathe?
mine o mine!

87ae36a9ba064607b6ec3b8c292b8079.jpg

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha...I was just thinking has anyone ever thought of how dirty the Straits is?
Brochures always painted the sea blue, go for a site visit b4 plonking in your money.

you'll never believe this.
this pic showcases princess cove which the sultan had just officiated
the man made sand is nice but one wouldnt dare to touch the filthy water.
they should forget about featuring the beaches. for fishing maybe, swimming sunbathe?
mine o mine!

View attachment 15910

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just know the straits' water lacks circulation due to the bridge, plus discharge from JB factories and SG sewage pipes, make it a bit hazardous to swim. But things can always improve over next 10-20 years.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just know the straits' water lacks circulation due to the bridge, plus discharge from JB factories and SG sewage pipes, make it a bit hazardous to swim. But things can always improve over next 10-20 years.

Off topic. Feng shui says still or slow moving dirty water is bad. It is like facing a drain. The air would be stale. Bad for health. For good feng shui, Water must be moving with fresh water pushing out dirty water, fresh air blowing away stale air. Bad luck replacing with new opportunities every time.
Simple test is stand at the shore and breathe deeply. Do you feel fresh air or stale air? Do you see murky water or clear water. Do you see small fishes swimming happily or you only see cat fish? :smile:

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technology has already solved this probem.

The video is recorded in Chile. Due to strong current and cold water, it almost impossible to enjoy the sea.

A chilean company (Crystal Lagoons) has come up with a technology that takes the water from the sea and converts it into crystal clear water, with low capital and maintenance costs.

In fact, at sunway iskandar, they are already looking at this technology for their waterfront precinct. So, you can expect to swim in the straits in the near future with turquoise water :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0SmlFtj0Nw

http://www.crystal-lagoons.com/portal/eng/intro.html

Hahaha...I was just thinking has anyone ever thought of how dirty the Straits is?
Brochures always painted the sea blue, go for a site visit b4 plonking in your money.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like the company is expanding to South East Asai...News dated on 30 June 2014.

http://www.menafn.com/1093872957/Crystal-Lagoons-enters-South-East-Asia

Technology has already solved this probem.

The video is recorded in Chile. Due to strong current and cold water, it almost impossible to enjoy the sea.

A chilean company (Crystal Lagoons) has come up with a technology that takes the water from the sea and converts it into crystal clear water, with low capital and maintenance costs.

In fact, at sunway iskandar, they are already looking at this technology for their waterfront precinct. So, you can expect to swim in the straits in the near future with turquoise water :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0SmlFtj0Nw

http://www.crystal-lagoons.com/portal/eng/intro.html

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

that part of the straits is the most ugly and dirty (to my eyes) in jb la.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Off topic. Feng shui says still or slow moving dirty water is bad. It is like facing a drain. The air would be stale. Bad for health. For good feng shui, Water must be moving with fresh water pushing out dirty water, fresh air blowing away stale air. Bad luck replacing with new opportunities every time.
Simple test is stand at the shore and breathe deeply. Do you feel fresh air or stale air? Do you see murky water or clear water. Do you see small fishes swimming happily or you only see cat fish? :smile:

don't know whether you've been there but i have recently. it's not nice. the water is not nice. the view is nothing great. the old buildings around the area give the place a decidedly down market vibe. (purely my own opinions!)

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only know precipitation and filtration, which are quite standard stuffs to increase turbidity of water. Anything more exotic will be expensive.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

These Malaysian fat cats can just car pool and drive into Singapore.

Alternatively, they can rent a room and stay in Singapore at around $600 per room and share the cost with 2 to 3 gals. It a long time since these fat cats need to be bleed so that the LEEs can benefit from higher property tax when renting from rooms from Peasants. Or else, these Malaysians think that we owe them a living.

You can called that it is a indirect way of making these Fat cats bleed !

Status
Not open for further replies.