• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not just over ... it'll get uglier... and all the progress made, will be retarded for years to come.
Sentiments will just take over.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
I
It's not just over ... it'll get uglier... and all the progress made, will be retarded for years to come.
Sentiments will just take over.

Just think how much money Singaporeans have saved all these years.
Malaysian govt been very generous to allow us to pump their heavily subsidised petrol and cheap housing, food, medical care etc.... So what is there to get angry With the move to impose VEP for foreign cars entering j b. it's high time.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) imho nothing wrong with VEP. States do this within a country when u crossover from one state to the next.

2) if the price is reasonable its ok

3) about Rm 10 max is good.

4 ) some form of concesdion gor regular travellers.

On a diff note we hv supported their businness be they food, ttansport, housing and healthcare.

Their property values hv increased.

Their incomes hv Increased.

I

Malaysian govt been very generous to allow us to pump their heavily subsidised petrol and cheap housing, food, medical care etc.... So what is there to get angry With the move to impose VEP for foreign cars entering j b. it's high time.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I

Ron 97 petrol that foreigners are entitled to pump is not subsidised, the one that is subsidised is Ron 95 petrol for Malaysians.

Btw are your Singaporean? So we should be thankful for the alternative cheaper housing, food etc in JB. But I never heard before any Malaysian reminding fellow Msians to be thankful for the alternative higher paying jobs in Singapore.

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ron 97 petrol that foreigners are entitled to pump is not subsidised, the one that is subsidised is Ron 95 petrol for Malaysians.

Btw are your Singaporean? So we should be thankful for the alternative cheaper housing, food etc in JB. But I never heard before any Malaysian reminding fellow Msians to be thankful for the alternative higher paying jobs in Singapore.

Yes i am sporean. Been going in and out of j b for ages. True ron 97 may not be subsidized but it is sure a lot cheaper than singapore.
Malaysians driving into spore will kpkb which is expected but after a while will die down with rising wages due to tight labour market.
Just like sporeans - kpkb now but after a few months will die down cos savings still substantial. Just buy more or eat more that is all. Singaporeans mindset is such. Less traffic jam into jb and back is a good thing for regular drivers like me.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I

I would say the only thing generous was th subsidized petrol. Housing was cheap, but not these days. Food in JB has always been expensive. Medical care may be cheaper but not on par with singapore. It's not that people are angry. They just will not go so often. The reason ppl earning sing dollar go over is to spend happily given the strength of the sing dollar makes it cheap. That is the economic advantage of JB. It's so near, yet everything is half price. If there is a RM50 per entry fee, that advtange evaporates for many of the day trippers.

of course, those driving lambos and porsche will stll run over to m'sia and pay. But I suspect a lot of the crowd will disappear. It will be interesting to see the after effects of this VEP.

Other than the economic issue, there is also a sense that m'sia govt is just punishing those who are driving s plates. Singapores VEP is to control congestion. JB lang come to singapore to earn Sing Dollar, they reap the economic benefit and bring it back to johor. Of course, LTA can't allow the roads to be totally jammed in the morning with J pltes. those who drive in after 5pm don't need to pay, and they can do so on weekends. But M'sia implementation is different. It's basically a cover charge. It's a cover charge for the hoards that throng JB shops, entertainment outlets and housing.

Anyway, It will be interesting to see the after effects of this VEP. It might be a good thing for those willing to pay, less traffic and jostling around.

But DEFINITELY BAD FOR ISKANDAR, especially if VEP is set too high, for eg RM50 .

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was talking to some of my friends about JB. They are the true and local Singaporean, indoctrinated deeply by PAP education. They think JB is a crappy place. But when I tell them about the quality of living given by Johor is incomparable. Their mind is the safety of kids.

Singaporean has this mind set. They want everything to be serve to them in a nice platter. If we are going in together, you go ahead first and let me know if it is feasible. Let me tell you ,if it is feasible, I would not come back and tell you. You go and explore the option yourself.

It is the exact mentality that keep Singapore not progressing fast enough. It is true Singkie is KIA SI and lack of courage.

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one I cant agree with you. As a parent I feel the safety of my kids and my family is of paramount importance. Its good that while we were in a safe haven when we are living in JB that time, things changed when robbery of homes became a rampant issues in "gate and guarded" residences and I feel for the safety of my family.

Safety and security rank #01 in my mind. Now when I need to go JB, I go alone as its easier for me to crash my SUV against any aggressor when I am alone.

By the way I heard the levy to enter Malaysia is to be confirmed at RM 100 per entry. Donno how true this is!

If this is, Game Over!

I was talking to some of my friends about JB. They are the true and local Singaporean, indoctrinated deeply by PAP education. They think JB is a crappy place. But when I tell them about the quality of living given by Johor is incomparable. Their mind is the safety of kids.

Singaporean has this mind set. They want everything to be serve to them in a nice platter. If we are going in together, you go ahead first and let me know if it is feasible. Let me tell you ,if it is feasible, I would not come back and tell you. You go and explore the option yourself.

It is the exact mentality that keep Singapore not progressing fast enough. It is true Singkie is KIA SI and lack of courage.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one I cant agree with you. As a parent I feel the safety of my kids and my family is of paramount importance. Its good that while we were in a safe haven when we are living in JB that time, things changed when robbery of homes became a rampant issues in "gate and guarded" residences and I feel for the safety of my family.

Safety and security rank #01 in my mind. Now when I need to go JB, I go alone as its easier for me to crash my SUV against any aggressor when I am alone.

By the way I heard the levy to enter Malaysia is to be confirmed at RM 100 per entry. Donno how true this is!

If this is, Game Over!

heard its to match singapore vep ie rm$90

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
South is a gold mine, to make sinkie pay for MH370 debts, their own debts and most importantly to line their own pockets.

Game over country garden, princess R & f buyers. Ghost towns await you.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
My relative was born in, grew up and educated in Malaysia (JB to specific). Like many Johoreans, he came to Singapore for better career prospect.

For survival he quickly acclimatised to Singapore way of living, eventually became "Singaporized" thinking Malaysia is a hopeless country beyond redemption and "Jiu Hu lang" are low class peasants. He denounced his Malaysian citizenship because his wife and children are Singaporean, able to travel to Japan/China/USA without applying VISA and able to enjoy the regular payout by the most ^successful government in the region.

Such Kia Su mindset is very contagious, knowing it is not gracious but many still succumbed to it.

^Cold blooded and efficient, people dislike but still continue to vote for them:kma:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My relative was born in, grew up and educated in Malaysia (JB to specific). Like many Johoreans, he came to Singapore for better career prospect.

For survival he quickly acclimatised to Singapore way of living, eventually became "Singaporized" thinking Malaysia is a hopeless country beyond redemption and "Jiu Hu lang" are low class peasants. He denounced his Malaysian citizenship because his wife and children are Singaporean, able to travel to Japan/China/USA without applying VISA and able to enjoy the regular payout by the most ^successful government in the region.

Such Kia Su mindset is very contagious, knowing it is not gracious but many still succumbed to it.

^Cold blooded and efficient, people dislike but still continue to vote for them:kma:

Most of my Malaysian friends also look down on Johor. Strange :confused:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
South is a gold mine, to make sinkie pay for MH370 debts, their own debts and most importantly to line their own pockets.

Game over country garden, princess R & f buyers. Ghost towns await you.

Should be interesting to see the show galleries this weekend!

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just can't imagine the govt will introduce something punitive.
They just got too much investments which need Singapore dollars to keep it moving.

At the end of the day money talks. Increase VEP, reduce cars going Johor, reduce inflow of sing$$.

Even the Malaysian govt should be able to connect the dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.