• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...aunch-ResQ-device-to-help-people-in-distress/

JOHOR BARU: For Johoreans in distress, help is just seconds away in the form of an SOS device that is only slightly bigger than a car remote key.

The ResQ device comes with three buttons, including the main button. The other two are the home and office buttons.

In the event of an emergency, the user needs to just press a button for two seconds to relay information and the location of the incident via an SMS data connection direct to the police.

State chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said the Johor police were the first in the country to use the device to combat crime.

The user-friendly device would be a vital tool to connect the public with the police during life-threatening situations, he told reporters at the launch of the ResQ alarm button by Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin here yesterday.

“It also serves as an emergency alarm to prevent theft of a vehicle. By activating the ResQ vehicle mode, owners will be alerted on their mobile phones when the vehicle moves more than 100m from its original position,” he said.

In the event of an emergency, information would be sent to several parties – the police, family members, supervisor or office manager at the work place – according to the contact persons provided by the users, he said.

SDCP Mohd Mokhtar said ResQ was an extension of the CommAlert (community alert) smartphone application that was launched in May last year.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
To a certain degree, this is wayang only. When real crimes strike, I'm not sure whether majority of the police is really sincere in helping the victims. I hope so.

currahee

Alfrescian
Loyal
some info needed...
has anyone done their MACS recently via 2nd link?
May I know the operating hours to apply MACS? the website states 24hrs but I know it is no longer the case.. is it open 7-days a week?

also if my passport is less than 2yrs validity (left 1.5yrs), can i still renew my MACS? thanks..

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Najib: VEP fee for all foreign vehicles entering Johor

JOHOR BARU: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak has announced that the Government has decided to implement the Vehicle Entry Permit fee for all foreign vehicles entering Johor.

Najib said that the decision was made following a request made by the state.

"I have discussed the matter with Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and have also informed Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Wahid Omar of our decision.

"I have instructed him to inform the Road Transport Department (JPJ) so they can work out the details before the VEP is implemented," he said during a buka puasa event organised by the state Wednesday.

"We will make an announcement later on the date of implementation and the rates for the VEP," he said.

Najib also assured that a portion of the collection would be channelled to the state Government.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah,

Next question is how much.

Najib: VEP fee for all foreign vehicles entering Johor

JOHOR BARU: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak has announced that the Government has decided to implement the Vehicle Entry Permit fee for all foreign vehicles entering Johor.

Najib said that the decision was made following a request made by the state.

"I have discussed the matter with Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and have also informed Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Wahid Omar of our decision.

"I have instructed him to inform the Road Transport Department (JPJ) so they can work out the details before the VEP is implemented," he said during a buka puasa event organised by the state Wednesday.

"We will make an announcement later on the date of implementation and the rates for the VEP," he said.

Najib also assured that a portion of the collection would be channelled to the state Government.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good guess,

Me thinks about there too la.

Still adds up to $300 a month liao.

Quite a bit.:mad:

But they are well within their rights to charge. I know several countries that charge inter state permits per entry within the country.

But then tjose trips may not be as many as Sg JB

My guess is rm$25

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Weekend Romp? You set me thinking .... lol.

Yea id prefer Rm 5~10 max.

Anything beyond is steep.

And those who hv homes in JB/make daily trips sure doomed la.

But traffic will surely reduce @ Rm 25

I think that's pretty high for just a weekend romp in Johor to buy groceries and pump petrol.
Hopefully just RM 5 going into Johor.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysians who r PRs may shift back to SG. Rental n COE demand shd increase after JB's official announcements. F&B demand in JB near 1st n 2nd links shd drop by 20-30% easily for 1-2 years before people get used to it.

Darfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysians who r PRs may shift back to SG. Rental n COE demand shd increase after JB's official announcements. F&B demand in JB near 1st n 2nd links shd drop by 20-30% easily for 1-2 years before people get used to it.

Was wondering if the proposed will be per day or per entry ?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's wrong with the Malaysian govt?
On one hand they want investment from foreigners, then after that they start to have second thoughts. First start to have cooling measures, 1 million limit for foreigners, massive influx of condo supply, now this.
Dunno what are they thinking of.
No wonder LKY tried to warn us off.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, whats wrong with them?

We damage their roads?

In the first place are their roads properly construcyed?

The state of EDL sucks..

And many roads are deteriorating.

What's wrong with the Malaysian govt?
On one hand they want investment from foreigners, then after that they start to have second thoughts. First start to have cooling measures, 1 million limit for foreigners, massive influx of condo supply, now this.
Dunno what are they thinking of.
No wonder LKY tried to warn us off.

Status
Not open for further replies.