• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far, have tried 3-4 dim sum places. Both my wife and myself went as far as Ipoh for dim sum.
When in Ipoh, must try the Dim Sum at
RESTORAN FOH SAN SDN BHD
No. 51, Jalan Leong Sin Nam, 30300 Ipoh, Perak
Telephone: +60-5-2540309
GPS: N4.597214° E101.086097°

There is another one just opposite it, but I have yet to try.

Planning to drive my 3rd trip to Hatyai next month, but yet to be confirmed.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
When in Ipoh, must try the Dim Sum at
RESTORAN FOH SAN SDN BHD
No. 51, Jalan Leong Sin Nam, 30300 Ipoh, Perak
Telephone: +60-5-2540309
GPS: N4.597214° E101.086097°

There is another one just opposite it, but I have yet to try.

Planning to drive my 3rd trip to Hatyai next month, but yet to be confirmed.

The opposite one taste better.
Somehow I felt Foh san in the olden days is good, after renovation is just so so..but very popular.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all these Chinese developers in JB and influx of PRC, soon in Malaysia we will have these type of problems.

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/e...rits-sporean-mans-200k-cpf-money-5373545.html

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many left cos we have this exPM who divided and rule the country. The rich left, the poor stay behind.
But even in this current Najib administration, the majority of the Malaysian Chinese are also not supporting him. A few of my Chinese neighbors are of such. I had once told them that the Malaysian Chinese should give him the support that he needs in order to silence those critics within UMNO. Otherwise, he'll have a hard time convincing his UMNO members to agree with the implementation of measures and policies benefiting the Malaysian Chinese community in future.

Now it seems that he has also totally given up on depending for the support from the Malaysian Chinese altogether. He now trusts the Indians more than the Chinese.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
But even in this current Najib administration, the majority of the Malaysian Chinese are also not supporting him. A few of my Chinese neighbors are of such. I had once told them that the Malaysian Chinese should give him the support that he needs in order to silence those critics within UMNO. Otherwise, he'll have a hard time convincing his UMNO members to agree with the implementation of measures and policies benefiting the Malaysian Chinese community in future.

Now it seems that he has also totally given up on depending for the support from the Malaysian Chinese altogether. He now trusts the Indians more than the Chinese.

I think the Chinese are warming up to him now as the Oppos are in big problem like corruption crissis. Today the Secretary General of Oppo camp say he has evidence of his own party corruption and will use it. Even Penang is in deep problem with infra tunnel projects and the CM's bungalow corruption case.
Najib has to do something to please the Chinese and one of them is the recognition of Chinese education in Malaysia. I think he is going to announce soon. Do you not notice of late there are no flare up incidents on racial problems? Anyway, this is not a proper forum to discuss politics. :smile:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the Chinese are warming up to him now as the Oppos are in big problem like corruption crissis. Today the Secretary General of Oppo camp say he has evidence of his own party corruption and will use it. Even Penang is in deep problem with infra tunnel projects and the CM's bungalow corruption case.
Najib has to do something to please the Chinese and one of them is the recognition of Chinese education in Malaysia. I think he is going to announce soon. Do you not notice of late there are no flare up incidents on racial problems? Anyway, this is not a proper forum to discuss politics. :smile:

Its a good thing. Rafizi should thoroughly investigate this issue, it will give the party the credibility it needs. If not, still at least one less corrupt person/group. Many more to go.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you look at the statistics in more details, it's actually not that bad. 4500 Chinese gave up citizenship per year, out of 7 mil Chinese, it's only 0.06 %.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you look at the statistics in more details, it's actually not that bad. 4500 Chinese gave up citizenship per year, out of 7 mil Chinese, it's only 0.06 %.

I do not understand why people would want to give up their citizenship.
These days, you can buy homes in US, UK or Australia and stay there on a tourist visa which is 6 months per entry. Afterall, you are not going there to vote for their Government. If you get a job there, you can apply for a working visa. It is a lot better to be a PR, just like SPR. You get to enjoy best of both sides.
Just my tots.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not understand why people would want to give up their citizenship.
These days, you can buy homes in US, UK or Australia and stay there on a tourist visa which is 6 months per entry. Afterall, you are not going there to vote for their Government. If you get a job there, you can apply for a working visa. It is a lot better to be a PR, just like SPR. You get to enjoy best of both sides.
Just my tots.

Yes you are right.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uneasy write up but we have to face the truths at times.

Over the past 6 months, I attended wakes of 5 close relatives, one from cancer and four from major heart attacks. Their untimely deaths all came suddenly without warning. Coincidentally, last week, I also attended a wake on my nephew’s wife side of which the daughter in law died of brain hemorrhage while the father died on the same day also of heart attack. Life is so unpredictable these days. There are things we can avoid in life, there are also things we cannot. Birth, ageing, sickness and eventually death.

We also have to plan our life course in managing property investments. We are all running around chasing figures and often we neglect the health, financial stability and continuity to mortgage repayments. As I am a single income earner, I remembered there’s once I made myself to have a full medical check up before I signed the S&P. It is not that I do not have a house already but I do not want to burden my wife to carry on the paying for the extra house. At least there’s one purchase I still have a MRTA on the loan. Pay a bit of premium but I know things are taken care of.

But these days, I took the easy way out. All my properties and investments plus whatever personal stuff have joint names and accounts either with my wife or my sons. The saying goes..you may have lots of money but your wife and kids need to survive and access to those cash while going through the period of legal paperwork process which may take as long as 1 year. I may be dead but they need to eat daily, so to speak.

As for taxes, luckily in Malaysia, Singapore & Australia, there’s no estate duty tax but the estate duty / inheritance tax is UK is whopping 40%. This is ridiculous as it is easily GBP1000 psf in London. Maybe a visit to the trust lawyers would be in order. Wills and the uneasy paperwork had to be done.

I remember once I was talking to a friend on what to invest and what to chase and we even queue overnight to buy houses. But a few months later, he was diagnosed with kidney cancer and everything in the world dropped. It was like a big crash and he passed on 3 years later. But at least he had time to complete and do what he needed to do as far as investments is concerned.

My point is do not chase investments as if it is the only thing in the world. Invest only within our means and free of stress. If it is too painful, it is better to let go and be one property less. Afterall we want to invest with a clear mind for any eventuality for ourselves and our kids.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uneasy write up but we have to face the truths at times.

Over the past 6 months, I attended wakes of 5 close relatives, one from cancer and four from major heart attacks. Their untimely deaths all came suddenly without warning. Coincidentally, last week, I also attended a wake on my nephew’s wife side of which the daughter in law died of brain hemorrhage while the father died on the same day also of heart attack. Life is so unpredictable these days. There are things we can avoid in life, there are also things we cannot. Birth, ageing, sickness and eventually death.

We also have to plan our life course in managing property investments. We are all running around chasing figures and often we neglect the health, financial stability and continuity to mortgage repayments. As I am a single income earner, I remembered there’s once I made myself to have a full medical check up before I signed the S&P. It is not that I do not have a house already but I do not want to burden my wife to carry on the paying for the extra house. At least there’s one purchase I still have a MRTA on the loan. Pay a bit of premium but I know things are taken care of.

But these days, I took the easy way out. All my properties and investments plus whatever personal stuff have joint names and accounts either with my wife or my sons. The saying goes..you may have lots of money but your wife and kids need to survive and access to those cash while going through the period of legal paperwork process which may take as long as 1 year. I may be dead but they need to eat daily, so to speak.

As for taxes, luckily in Malaysia, Singapore & Australia, there’s no estate duty tax but the estate duty / inheritance tax is UK is whopping 40%. It means that my kids would have to pay 40% to the Government before they can inherit the house. This is ridiculous as it is easily GBP1000 psf in London. Maybe a visit to the trust lawyers would be in order. Wills and the uneasy paperwork had to be done.

I remember once I was talking to a friend on what to invest and what to chase and we even queue overnight to buy houses. But a few months later, he was diagnosed with kidney cancer and everything in the world dropped. It was like a big crash and he passed on 3 years later. But at least he had time to complete and do what he needed to do as far as investments is concerned.

My point is do not chase investments as if it is the only thing in the world. Invest only within our means and free of stress. If it is too painful, it is better to let go and be one property less. Afterall we want to invest with a clear mind for any eventuality for ourselves and our kids.

Thanks for the uneasy, perhaps even morbid, write up to remind us of our fragile mortality. I remember having a mid life crisis when I crossed 40 and realised that half my life already gone, one foot in coffin liao. I don't have much by way of legacy to bequeath to family if I should become the next roadkill. But at least the JB properties would be covered by term insurance and HDB would be paid for. It is certainly good to know that my 1.2M housing loans are in RM and not SGD. Lesser burden.

Status
Not open for further replies.