• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
J plate cars cutting queue at Tuas using the motorcyle lane? Confirmed all are Malaysians since only Msian can drive J plate cars into Singapore. No Malaysian reminding fellow Msians they are guests and not to behave obnoxiously in Spore?

Most have mindset that they are helping Singapore to do the works that Singaporean cant do or wont do. So Singaporean need to appreciate their kindness lah , maybe those SG plate need to give way so they wont be late for work . ( My contractors personally tell me this )
And then when we are in JB to invest in property , or spend on food etc , we must also thank them for making cheap things possible . JB is suffering big inflation because of Singaporean . They wont say all these inflations because of weak ringit or other economy issues one , that is funny mindset isnt it ?

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB is suffering huge inflation cos of Malaysians who save Sing dollars and spend in ringgit. I mean, how often do Sporeans go to JB to spend money? They no need work meh?

But Malaysians are different. They spend money in Malaysia daily.

Most have mindset that they are helping Singapore to do the works that Singaporean cant do or wont do. So Singaporean need to appreciate their kindness lah , maybe those SG plate need to give way so they wont be late for work . ( My contractors personally tell me this )
And then when we are in JB to invest in property , or spend on food etc , we must also thank them for making cheap things possible . JB is suffering big inflation because of Singaporean . They wont say all these inflations because of weak ringit or other economy issues one , that is funny mindset isnt it ?

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite disappointed. Coming back at 515am one Monday morning I also use Tuas thinking the traffic will be clear as I have been using for 5 years. Bad mistake. Jam at Malaysia custom when only one stretch of counter was opened and there are 3 lanes of cars squeezing into that one lane.

3 lanes of cars squeezing into one lane!!! Could someone tell these damed selfish squeezers that the bottleneck is at the custom clearance counter; that their action only makes it worse off for everyone caught in the jam and could be worsen if an accident occured because of their selfish squeeze.

Also could someone knowledgeable, feedback to the malaysian authorithy not to build roads leading to custom wide enough for 6 cars when there are only 3 lanes leading to clearance counters; it only frustrates other drivers forming a proper queue when selfish drivers coming into the queue later make use of the wide lane to form another lane or lanes to squeeze into the proper 3 lanes during heavy traffic.

Since it already built, now can only at the minimum set up lane marking using the traffic cones at least for one dedicated lane to be used for those entering from EDL. I find that during heavy traffic, those using EDL to enter the malaysia cutoms had no proper lane at all to enter and were forced to squeeze through traffice squeezing in from both sides.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 lanes of cars squeezing into one lane!!! Could someone tell these damed selfish squeezers that the bottleneck is at the custom clearance counter; that their action only makes it worse off for everyone caught in the jam and could be worsen if an accident occured because of their selfish squeeze.

Also could someone knowledgeable, feedback to the malaysian authorithy not to build roads leading to custom wide enough for 6 cars when there are only 3 lanes leading to clearance counters; it only frustrates other drivers forming a proper queue when selfish drivers coming into the queue later make use of the wide lane to form another lane or lanes to squeeze into the proper 3 lanes during heavy traffic.

Since it already built, now can only at the minimum set up lane marking using the traffic cones at least for one dedicated lane to be used for those entering from EDL. I find that during heavy traffic, those using EDL to enter the malaysia cutoms had no proper lane at all to enter and were forced to squeeze through traffice squeezing in from both sides.

Bros sometime cannot blame the "squeezer" wat . You are 1 to 2km away from the diversion near the check point , how can you tell which lane is passable until you finally see only one lane can use ? This is happending everday at Tuas CP , sometime 1st lane block , at other time 3rd block , so how ? Some people dont fill white cards until they reach the counter . I think must place a SIGNAGE , no white cards please U TURN or FINE $500. I think should point the gun at the Custom Authority for poorly manage.

Last edited:

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many people share the annoyance to the point of fury against BOTH Malaysian and Singaporean Immigration and Customs, using the Second Link. BOTH sides have unnecessary build-ups, bad planning on number of staff on duty, achingly slow processing and what seems to be an attitude that drivers are having a Good Time in either country, so causing delays and being a pain is totally acceptable.
In these 7 years I have found that while Malaysian drivers were once almost always the culprits in shockingly rude and pushy driving, I have noticed Singapore car plates are now Equally Bad: aggressive, inconsiderate and haughty. Sure, some of them are foreigners and Malaysians working In Singapore, but not all.
The solution is of course a wide third link and a quick construction of a fast efficient train service.
In the meanwhile, both sides should strictly enforce respect for lanes from a genuinely effective distance away from the CIQ [not simple cones and indifferent staff within a mere few metres from the entrance].
And everyone should Cool Down: it doesn't help matters to point fingers and claim to be the only ones in the right: specially Singaporeans who claim to be that much superior in every way and flaunt their money and behave obnoxiously. One or two people saying something does not mean everyone has the same view.
There is no doubt either that the worst drivers in all of Malaysia are from Johor - but we are guests in this country, and have had too long a time of snide remarks, so put up or leave.
Good we have the opportunity to vent in this forum - even if it is all one-sided.
Yes, it is Very Frustrating and we all have the right to be really annoyed at the delays and stupidities which can be greatly eased if the authorities would get their collective *** acts together.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Johor is so damn big. What they can do is to spread out the city and build more city centre. Build more industrial Park, build more shopping mall. Spread the people out from Town area.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I totally agree with you, this funny mindset is call can take but cannot give. Can take alot but give a little benefit expect people to be very thankful but when taking alot is their right.

Such a mindset is obviously wrong, they are here to earn good money and not to help Spore to do the works that Singaporeans cannot do or don't want to do.

No wonder they think it is no harm for Spore cars to give way when Msia plate cars cut queue but the other way round is obnoxious.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans in JB are guests, so are Malaysians working in Spore are guests too. Same standard should apply when each is guest in another country as far as obnoxious is concerned. Cannot be double standard and tell off own countrymen but turn a blind eye to foreigners misbehaving in Spore.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally agree with you, this funny mindset is call can take but cannot give. Can take alot but give a little benefit expect people to be very thankful but when taking alot is their right.

Such a mindset is obviously wrong, they are here to earn good money and not to help Spore to do the works that Singaporeans cannot do or don't want to do.

No wonder they think it is no harm for Spore cars to give way when Msia plate cars cut queue but the other way round is obnoxious.

Heard similar things from a Malaysian colleague. Not sure he was joking or really meaning it. The best part was he is pissed with new rules as he now sells less well his properties that he has invested.
Guest or no guest we should be civil the best we can.
We are all humans. To err is human to forgive devine.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans in JB are guests, so are Malaysians working in Spore are guests too. Same standard should apply when each is guest in another country as far as obnoxious is concerned. Cannot be double standard and tell off own countrymen but turn a blind eye to foreigners misbehaving in Spore.

Ya this kind of double standard is our leadership by example , what to do ?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are quite right in a way that the J-plates usually take the lead and forms the majority of Q-cutters in Singapore ( easily 99% in Tuas).

Many people share the annoyance to the point of fury against BOTH Malaysian and Singaporean Immigration and Customs, using the Second Link. BOTH sides have unnecessary build-ups, bad planning on number of staff on duty, achingly slow processing and what seems to be an attitude that drivers are having a Good Time in either country, so causing delays and being a pain is totally acceptable.
In these 7 years I have found that while Malaysian drivers were once almost always the culprits in shockingly rude and pushy driving, I have noticed Singapore car plates are now Equally Bad: aggressive, inconsiderate and haughty. Sure, some of them are foreigners and Malaysians working In Singapore, but not all.
The solution is of course a wide third link and a quick construction of a fast efficient train service.
In the meanwhile, both sides should strictly enforce respect for lanes from a genuinely effective distance away from the CIQ [not simple cones and indifferent staff within a mere few metres from the entrance].
And everyone should Cool Down: it doesn't help matters to point fingers and claim to be the only ones in the right: specially Singaporeans who claim to be that much superior in every way and flaunt their money and behave obnoxiously. One or two people saying something does not mean everyone has the same view.
There is no doubt either that the worst drivers in all of Malaysia are from Johor - but we are guests in this country, and have had too long a time of snide remarks, so put up or leave.
Good we have the opportunity to vent in this forum - even if it is all one-sided.
Yes, it is Very Frustrating and we all have the right to be really annoyed at the delays and stupidities which can be greatly eased if the authorities would get their collective *** acts together.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
what an article!!!!

Makes many Singaporeans look like ....................?

Johor investors to face problems

Singapore speculators who were banking on making a quick profit from buying property in Johor, Malaysia, are likely to run into difficulties when the new RM1 million (approx. S$385,200) limit for foreign property purchases comes into effect on May 1. Many Singaporeans have been investing in property across the causeway in recent years, attracted by comparatively low prices. However, those who need to exit their investments quickly are likely to face significant challenges when trying to sell their property – and could ultimately be stuck with a property they cannot sell.

From May 1, foreign property owners including Singaporeans who reportedly account for as much as 70 percent of property purchases in some parts of Johor state, will only be able to sell their units to other overseas buyers at prices above RM1 million. They can sell to Malaysians below that price, however Malaysian buyers of resale new and yet-to-be-completed units are extremely few and far between.

Ryan Khoo, a long time investor in Malaysian property and author of the best-selling What's the Big Deal with Iskandar book, told PropertyGuru: "I do believe there are a significant number of buyers who have bought at levels below RM1 million and are potentially "stuck", but the impact to these buyers is not really being felt now because most of these are newer properties still under construction and with DIBS in place, so there is no urgent need to sell yet." DIBS (Developer Interest Bearing Scheme) is where the developer pays interest payments on the buyers' loans during the construction period. Normally the buyer pays a down payment or deposit and legal fees, but nothing else until completion.

Khoo added: "The common mistake that most Singaporean investors have made in Iskandar is buying property that is too expensive for locals - though cheap for Singaporeans - and yet not in a prime enough location, not a good enough design, and not in a good enough environment where there will be enough foreign buyers to take up these properties in the future."

He noted that overseas investors who have purchased property below RM1 million in Medini are largely safe from potential sales challenges due to favourable pricing and exemptions from the RM1 million foreign buying limit there. Another sector he predicted that will see benefits from the new rules is the gated, guarded landed homes market.

"Foreign buyers will realise they might as well buy these types of properties instead of condos if they are going to spend RM1 million," he said. Going forward, he believes that sales volumes will moderate and buying will be very selective, as buyers have a lot of choices and will gravitate to projects that have a strong product proposition. He said: "The new rulings will help to moderate the Iskandar property market in the medium term, which is healthy for the market overall. Savvy investors will still find Iskandar an attractive investment, and will still invest for capital gains in the medium- to long-term, especially since most of the catalyst projects are underway and, as each of them progresses, the market will receive a boost in the years to come."

Andrew Batt, International Group Editor of PropertyGuru Group, wrote this story. To contact him about this or other stories email [email protected]

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
22 March 2014| last updated at 03:13PM

28 developers blacklisted for failure to build low-cost houses

JOHOR BARU: The Johor state government has blacklisted 28 developers to date for their failure to build more than 30,000 units of low-cost houses in the Iskandar Region.
Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the companies are now barred from undertaking or planning any new projects in the absence of further discussions with the state government on the issue of building the houses concerned.

"They were to have built the houses in two years after receiving the planning permission. If they still fail to do so, the state government will take back the land in question.

"This is one of the measures to be taken by the state government," he told reporters after the ground breaking ceremony for the Tanjung Senibong affordable homes project here today.

Khaled said those developers who refused to build low-cost houses as promised would also be fined RM40,000 for each unit and RM7,000 per unit in the case of those wanting to change the construction status from low cost to affordable homes.

To overcome the problem, the state government has formed the Johor Housing Board which will be given the power to take over abandoned low-cost housing projects.

"The enactment related to this will be tabled in the state assembly in June.

"Among the responsibilities of the board is to identify the land on which developers have failed to undertake the low-cost housing as well as land acquisition to plan and construct affordable homes," Khaled said.

The state government had previously resolved to build 28,000 affordable homes over five years for those in the lower income group.

Meanwhile, the affordable homes to be built in Tanjung Senibong by Crescendo Land Sdn Bhd, covers 222 acres of mixed residential development near Permas Jaya.

The project has 1,088 units of affordable homes to be built over three phases.

The first phase with 222 units is expected to be launched at the end of the year. -- BERNAMA

Read more: 28 developers blacklisted for failure to build low-cost houses - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/28-dev...7712/7.557712/7.557712/7.557712#ixzz2wzNz0iMP

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
We chose the honourable ppl. So v richly deserve the consequences of what we choose.

And let us celebrate the consequences with the now famous PRICELESS SMILE which has become the talk of the town.

Cannot be double standard and tell off own countrymen but turn a blind eye to foreigners misbehaving in Spore.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
That stupid writer assume all houses in Iskandar bought by Sporeans when so many of the buyers are SPR but Malaysians.

Also the stupid writer assume that people buy to sell to quick profits but wont stay there. If no body stay in JB how come there are horrible jams?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somebody recently told us to be gracious based on a BBC report....

Leadership ma....

I think we should ditch such leader and people who think so lowly of their own countrymen and heck care what they think or say of Singaporeans. Obviously they think they are superior while other Singaporeans are shitty and to be blamed for all kinds of problems like littering, cutting queue etc.

These people are hopelessly biaised against own people and refused to see facts and use their brains to make proper judgement before making strong sentence to condemn fellow citizens. The best part is when come to foreigners no more strong condemnation but merely say leave to police/govt to handle the problem.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we should ditch such leader and people who think so lowly of their own countrymen and heck care what they think or say of Singaporeans. Obviously they think they are superior while other Singaporeans are shitty and to be blamed for all kinds of problems like littering, cutting queue etc.

These people are hopelessly biaised against own people and refused to see facts and use their brains to make proper judgement before making strong sentence to condemn fellow citizens. The best part is when come to foreigners no more strong condemnation but merely say leave to police/govt to handle the problem.

People is begining to lost trust and respect for these leaders .. How on earth they come out with statement that say Singaporean commit more crimes than Foreigners . I see him no different to the one who say Non Malays women is more OK being rape .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.