• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder if the SAF has bigger bombs now. To feel the vibration that far is something.

I don't know about that, this is the first time I heard real bombs and it was so loud I felt like in battlefield and need to take cover. The first bomb was the worst as unexpected, lucky my heart strong enough if not get heart attack..

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bad news is that one can even experience it in Horizon hills though the noise is faint.

The GOOD news is that the Singapore govt is confirmed moving the entire Tengah military installations away such that Tengah will be a new township of Singapore. Its already confirmed and announced in parliament. The little bad news is that once Tengah high rises start to spring out in 20 years time, some of Puteri Harbour million dollar views to the MBS and City Centre will be limited to Tengah HDB. Some condos like Pinetree and Puteri Cove will not be affected as the facing is towards Karimun and Singapore south instead of directly into Tengah

Is Tengah airbase confirmed moving? I recall the news only say Paya Lebar airbase moving and new housing estate call Tengah will be set up. So I just googled and read that Tengah HDB estate is currently a forested area near Chua Chu Kang, so it is unlikely Tengah airbase is moving.

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know about that, this is the first time I heard real bombs and it was so loud I felt like in battlefield and need to take cover. The first bomb was the worst as unexpected, lucky my heart strong enough if not get heart attack..

In that case, if buy a place in PH got to bear with this issue. Massive vibrations will cause cracks to appear on your walls?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The decision to move Tengah military installations was announced and made even before the decision to move Paya Lebar airbase was announced.

Is Tengah airbase confirmed moving? I recall the news only say Paya Lebar airbase moving and new housing estate call Tengah will be set up. So I just googled and read that Tengah HDB estate is currently a forested area near Chua Chu Kang, so it is unlikely Tengah airbase is moving.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

u r experiencing the bomb shockwave. not virbration. :o

Sunday

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, a friend of mine working in Suntec is looking for car pool (he don't own a SG car) to Jurong East or any of the MRT, he stay at Taman Mutiara Mas. He can meet up at BI or other Nusa Jaya town if need be.

Please PM me & I will pass his contact to U.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is quite a joke. If that the case I really worry for CCK and Bukit Panjang residents who are not separated by straits of water from Tengah.

In that case, if buy a place in PH got to bear with this issue. Massive vibrations will cause cracks to appear on your walls?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then I should feel safe when a straits of water separate my houses from Tengah.

Anyway since the military installations are confirmed to be regrouped to Tekong and Changi, it don't really bother me. I was hoping to see such SAF exercises going on from 20th floor but don't think I will have a chance.
I can confirm in BP never hear these blasts.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then I should feel safe when a straits of water separate my houses from Tengah.

Anyway since the military installations are confirmed to be regrouped to Tekong and Changi, it don't really bother me. I was hoping to see such SAF exercises going on from 20th floor but don't think I will have a chance.

Safe from what? The straits of water doesn't reduce bomb shockwave from travelling across the open space above the water..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Safe from what? The straits of water doesn't reduce bomb shockwave from travelling across the open space above the water..

the building won't collapse laar. there are condo near subang airport in kl, the planes give out more shock wave also no problem.

the only thing you have to watch out in m'sia is those condo on SLOPE.

that one might collapse

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
the building won't collapse laar. there are condo near subang airport in kl, the planes give out more shock wave also no problem.

that one might collapse

Of course won't collapse, too extreme lah..

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Sporeans are not whining when the bombs are dropped next to them, I don't see why I should even bother. Also its a fact that the entire installation are gota moved and consolidate to Tekong/Changi so no point writing in to the press to complain either. So sad that after 30 years condos in PH will be overlooking Singapore HDBs rather than all the way into the City Centre.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first to collapse are those HDBs in Singapore cos its on same land mass anyway

that one might collapse

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Sporeans are not whining when the bombs are dropped next to them, I don't see why I should even bother. Also its a fact that the entire installation are gota moved and consolidate to Tekong/Changi so no point writing in to the press to complain either. So sad that after 30 years condos in PH will be overlooking Singapore HDBs rather than all the way into the City Centre.

You mean Tengah air base moving in 30 years time? That is a long time to wait. On the whining, I'm not sure why CCK people (forummer good2 already confirmed BP cannot hear the blasts) no complaint, perhaps they also cannot hear as they are not near enough due to CCK cemetry but I'm not familiar with CCK or the bomb drop zone. Maybe it is simply becos they bought their HDB cheap and now appreciate alot and so just bear with the noise and no complaints lor..

Last edited:

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean Tengah air base moving in 30 years time? That is a long time to wait. On the whining, I'm not sure why CCK people (forummer good2 already confirmed BP cannot hear the blasts) no complaint, perhaps they also cannot hear as they are not near enough due to CCK cemetry but I'm not familiar with CCK or the bomb drop zone. Maybe it is simply becos they bought their HDB cheap and now appreciate alot and so just bear with the noise and no complaints lor..

I suppose those flats that are blocked will not hear it. I cannot remember the exact terrain but I think PH is more direct to the blast zone. Was there any news that the live firing area will be moved ?

Status
Not open for further replies.