• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean Tengah air base moving in 30 years time? That is a long time to wait. On the whining, I'm not sure why CCK people (forummer good2 already confirmed BP cannot hear the blasts) no complaint, perhaps they also cannot hear as they are not near enough due to CCK cemetry but I'm not familiar with CCK or the bomb drop zone. Maybe it is simply becos they bought their HDB cheap and now appreciate alot and so just bear with the noise and no complaints lor..

from what i read, Tengah air base won't be moving. only Tuas naval base and SAF tg gul camps moving.
http://kementah.blogspot.sg/2013/02/military-land-use-by-singapore-armed.html

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
All in Tengah will move except Tengah Airbase which is pending. Actually the fight jets flying around Singapore is quite normal if you stay in around Tengah and krangi area and SK punggol etc. At least from PH the jets are somewhat in front rather than on top.. which makes everyday a free NDP show.

I suppose those flats that are blocked will not hear it. I cannot remember the exact terrain but I think PH is more direct to the blast zone. Was there any news that the live firing area will be moved ?

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
All in Tengah will move except Tengah Airbase which is pending. Actually the fight jets flying around Singapore is quite normal if you stay in around Tengah and krangi area and SK punggol etc. At least from PH the jets are somewhat in front rather than on top.. which makes everyday a free NDP show.

I think it will take a long time before they can move the live firing area. There is no other place in singapore with hills to block the bullets n bombs from flying all over.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since its the school break, we stayed over in JB and upon using first link to return to Spore to work this morning at 5am, I saw something really annoying.

I was queuing on the left before entering the JB custom and to the right is the bus lane. One big SUV ( W plate should be custom official car ) with those siren on top use that lane and wanted to cut back to the car lane just before entering the basement. One J plate Toyota Innova refused to let him cut in ( its quite normal to see this when people try to cut Q )

Next I saw, this W plate SUV sped to the left while going down the ramp and recklessly cut back into the middle lane which is the one and only accessible to us all without signal. Subsquently, this loser went on to play jam-brake 3 times while about 20-30m away from the counters. I was a few cars behind and saw this antic.

I drove past the J plate innova and its driven by a 40+ year old indian man who looked extremely frightened that he has offended someone with authority.

If this happened in Singapore, I think that "official" sure kena fired.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since its the school break, we stayed over in JB and upon using first link to return to Spore to work this morning at 5am, I saw something really annoying.

I was queuing on the left before entering the JB custom and to the right is the bus lane. One big SUV ( W plate should be custom official car ) with those siren on top use that lane and wanted to cut back to the car lane just before entering the basement. One J plate Toyota Innova refused to let him cut in ( its quite normal to see this when people try to cut Q )

Next I saw, this W plate SUV sped to the left while going down the ramp and recklessly cut back into the middle lane which is the one and only accessible to us all without signal. Subsquently, this loser went on to play jam-brake 3 times while about 20-30m away from the counters. I was a few cars behind and saw this antic.

I drove past the J plate innova and its driven by a 40+ year old indian man who looked extremely frightened that he has offended someone with authority.

He just made a "good friend"......

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh really? W plate is meant for customs officer? Then we offended one last Sunday. That loser wanted to just cut in our lane few times without signer but failed. Behave like his grandad's road :-\

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember W plate is from KL. Boz their resale car is cheaper than jb.. tio bo bro scholar Malpaso..:p

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh really? W plate is meant for customs officer? Then we offended one last Sunday. That loser wanted to just cut in our lane few times without signer but failed. Behave like his grandad's road :-\

What is the harm in allowing him to cut into the lane? The most is you lose 20 mins the most, the down side however is he marks your car and you get delayed every time you come back in to JB. NOT SAYING, this will happen, you are one "they" are many. You want to complain to WHO, when that happens? If you do, makes the situation even worse. Lose the 20 minutes..... IMO....

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya there is a siren on top of the SUV and the lights were off. That loser just drove all the way in front and drove thru the custom so I knew it has been to some shitheads working there. Using a govt car and behaving like a road hooligan is a big no-no. Welcome to Malaysia.

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the harm in allowing him to cut into the lane? The most is you lose 20 mins the most, the down side however is he marks your car and you get delayed every time you come back in to JB. NOT SAYING, this will happen, you are one "they" are many. You want to complain to WHO, when that happens? If you do, makes the situation even worse. Lose the 20 minutes..... IMO....

In fact, he cut in twice successfully without signer before, showing how impatient he was. Anyhow change the three lanes without signer. We were in no hurry to go home btw.

Last edited:

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya there is a siren on top of the SUV and the lights were off. That loser just drove all the way in front and drove thru the custom so I knew it has been to some shitheads working there. Using a govt car and behaving like a road hooligan is a big no-no. Welcome to Malaysia.

That incident we encountered last Sunday was on our way home to first link customs. Still drive like he's in his homeland.

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Forgot to thank you on your advise, will bear in mind. But as you know, we didn't know it's gov car. Hmm....wonder if we will do the same if we were aware...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.