• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Eric,

Thanks. I believe the Credit Score/Rating will be the deciding factor huh? I was wondering how the banks in Malaysia will check my credit score. Will they be able to assess my credit profile in Singapore internally themselves, or I have to print it out for them.

Have to buy from Singapore Credit Bureau and give them.

smallestdog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, need some help in understanding some of the property taxes payable.

I got my keys to my apartment in mid 2015 but only collected the letterbox key recently. I found a MPJBT notice "Notis Pindaan Senarai Nilaian" in my letterbox dated Oct 2015, is this only the assessment ? Cos I don't see any bill number on it so I don't think I can take this to the post office to pay right ?

I also got an invoice from developer in my letterbox for Quit Rent. Is this paid through the developer ?

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, need some help in understanding some of the property taxes payable.

I got my keys to my apartment in mid 2015 but only collected the letterbox key recently. I found a MPJBT notice "Notis Pindaan Senarai Nilaian" in my letterbox dated Oct 2015, is this only the assessment ? Cos I don't see any bill number on it so I don't think I can take this to the post office to pay right ?

I also got an invoice from developer in my letterbox for Quit Rent. Is this paid through the developer ?

I think the MPJBT is only a notice to inform you. I remember that I got a notice that the MPJBT will give you an assessment and if you have any objections to the assessed amount, you can lodge an appeal for a reduction. If you do not appeal, the amount will be used for the assessment later in periods of half yearly. it will later be in the form of an invoice which I usually pay by internet banking.

As for Quit rent, you can pay through the developer.

smallestdog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks v much edragon. Guess I will need to wait for the tax invoice then, any idea when this is usually sent ?

The assessment was dated Oct 15, and its already April 16 - hope the invoice didn't get lost in post. I took VP of my place last year in July.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, not able to PM you as your mailbox is full. Can you PM me whether you managed to retrieve the information?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Police have arrested three men for allegedly breaking into the house of Johor Darul Takzim II football player Mohd Zaquan Adha Abdul Razak at Horizon Hills near Iskandar Puteri early today."

http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/04/142211/three-arrested-burgling-jdt-ii-football-players-home

Wah so daring!

NST has got the facts wrong!! They house the thiefs broke into was at Taman Bukit Dahlia in Pasir Gudang. The house was that of THE BROTHER of JDT footballer Mohd Zaquan Adha Abdul Razak who lives in Horizon Hills, not Mohd. Zaquan.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
NST has got the facts wrong!! They house the thiefs broke into was at Taman Bukit Dahlia in Pasir Gudang. The house was that of THE BROTHER of JDT footballer Mohd Zaquan Adha Abdul Razak who lives in Horizon Hills, not Mohd. Zaquan.

The intelligence work of these robbers really cannot make it. You mean they robbed the brother instead? LOL!

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirmed robbery case but no, the robbery did not take place in Horizon Hills. Read the papers again and again. I have personally verified also.

The robbery suspects were arrested in HH, where they rented a house to stay. The actual robbery happened elsewhere.

But HH is now a place for robbers to stay too. Even the robbers feel safe to stay in HH.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The facts are there ma but the writer English slightly lao-ya.

The police has arrested 3 men at Horizon Hills. They were stayed in a rented house there. Nothing wrong

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirmed robbery case but no, the robbery did not take place in Horizon Hills. Read the papers again and again. I have personally verified also.

The robbery suspects were arrested in HH, where they rented a house to stay. The actual robbery happened elsewhere.

But HH is now a place for robbers to stay too. Even the robbers feel safe to stay in HH.

HH security is a victim of it's own success :rolleyes: to the point that the thiefs, feel it quite safe to stay there. What irony! :eek:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
The facts are there ma but the writer English slightly lao-ya.

The police has arrested 3 men at Horizon Hills. They were stayed in a rented house there. Nothing wrong

Not lao-ya, did not check the facts correctly, just hentam only.

Would make better reading than saying '...Robbery at Taman Bukit Dahlia.....'

It would be better if it was "...... Robbery at Horizon Hills, Iskandar Puteri..." Then those that read it would say "...... There I said what, you go and stay across the Causeway there definetly get robbed, car jacked, raped or even worse laahh, get killed..... Don't play, play..... Better stay here, Pigeon hole Pigeon hole laaahhhh, but very safe, double confirm" :wink:

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal
HH security is a victim of it's own success :rolleyes: to the point that the thiefs, feel it quite safe to stay there. What irony! :eek:

I dont see it that way; I see it as they are investing in a rented place in HH to better move around in the estate and understand their potential targets, particularly those driving BMs, Audi, and Mercs. After that they will plan a strike on a easy and fat target and move out. Don't see any reason why they need to find a safe place to hide when they are the aggressor. :smile:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at the 2nd link customs and trying to cross over, to my horror I saw 20 bus loads of Chinese tourists also at the queue. On a lazy weekday afternoon. But they were quite civilised though, contrary to image portrayed by the media. Well dressed, speaks with a nice accent, just a bit loud lol. Most of them greed and thanked the customs officer.

The point is, it's time to seriously consider the MACS. Will save me 40 mins each time.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is provided the 2 machines at the customs actually work. Numerous times other JB dwellers like myself queue to only realise that after taking 1 min to verify our information, the system prompt us tht Information not found, please proceed to counter..... really face palm.

Status
Not open for further replies.