• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
30k unit, When all unit completed everyone will be facing each other, where got sea view hill view pool view anymore.....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM100 is like S$40 only. Is that for per entry? Afterall Spore is charging $35/day for Malaysian car. 2 weeks half empty in JB but 2 months later, all also go back to normal. Other than shopping complexes, where to go somemore in Spore? We will see more innovative ppl carpool and less jams.

If charge Rm100 to enter JB to spend money, only those taking bus will still go in to shop. Those taking car will only go JB if need to go, like property owner. Not worth going for shopping alone, things are not that cheap.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure why countries like to have tit for tat thinking. Singapore has a huge Malaysian workforce and a COE policy. Obviously to prevent a workaround of that COE policy, the gov now introduce the hike. It hits some of our friends here but also Singapore business which uses Malaysian transport into Singapore. I do not think the gov really need the money hence I believe there is room for adjustment. Legit entries like the trucks coming in may be waive, buses above a certain size and bona fide tourist also waive.

So I think the Malaysian gov would do better to negotiate a tweak of the policy thru its diplomatic channel and will result a win win for both.

One furmmer wrote a detail cost savings of a Malaysian car vs COE @ 50k. If I were a Malaysian working here sure think of way to drive in with a non s plate. The rational is the same why we have a 3/4 rule and why s plate cannot buy lower grade petrol in Malaysia.

If people are not reasonable, it is no point talking reason. Reasonable people will understand and grateful for a job in a foreign country and not feel entitled and demand to drive to work in comfort in a foreign country at a cheap price. While the host country locals are made to squeeze in public transport to go to work or pay expensive price to drive to work.

Just charge whatever want to charge or change property rules as they please and let market dynamics takeover. Like the JB property market is now so quiet.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you, Ginfeely. Already people in KL are making noise, but hopefully the administrators in JB and her Sultan will ensure that any increase at all will not make everyone losers.... I went to JB yesterday afternoon and found the two checkpoints not so congested. Could this be the reason, I wonder? Ya, let market dynamics takeover, it's time for developers to throw in more incentives or reduce their prices.

Sunday

Alfrescian
Loyal
If charge Rm100 to enter JB to spend money, only those taking bus will still go in to shop. Those taking car will only go JB if need to go, like property owner. Not worth going for shopping alone, things are not that cheap.

heheheh.... I think if at RM 100, lot of people will not go shopping / eating any more. left those people with property or business...
I will not take a bus coz very difficult to haul items save than RM 100 thru the custom via walking / bus..... .

Sunday

Alfrescian
Loyal
If people are not reasonable, it is no point talking reason.

Just charge whatever want to charge or change property rules as they please and let market dynamics takeover. Like the JB property market is now so quiet.

Yes, coz one side is earning $$$, the other side is spending $$$. I think people with reasonable mind set will know the diff between the two.
If the $$$ is good, I will continues to work, if make my spending diff, I just change to other place to spend.

that why most of us think our boss /company is a shit place but we still work there coz they pay us.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/news/ride/johor-agreeable-levy-proposal-singapore-cars-malaysia

The Star/Asia News Network

Friday, Jul 04, 2014

JOHOR BARU - Johor will not object if the Government decides to impose a levy on Singaporean cars entering Malaysia.

State Public Works, Rural and Regional Development Committee chairman Datuk Hasni Mohammad said besides a token toll charge, Singaporean cars entering the state capital currently do not have to pay any fee.

He said the proposal to impose a levy on these cars, which had been forwarded by Johor to the Federal Government, was reasonable at RM50 (S$20)per vehicle due to Singapore's favourable exchange rate against the Malaysian ringgit.

"Personally, I see that the fee will not be a burden for Malaysians working in the republic or Singaporeans coming into Johor Baru regularly," he said in an interview here yesterday.

The proposal, added Hasni, was not new as the previous state administration had made a similar suggestion, adding that this was merely "a follow-up".

The previous administration, he said, had decided to propose the levy due to the high volume of Singaporean cars using the country's roads and infrastructure.

The money collected could be set aside to help maintain the roads in the state, he pointed out.

"They (Singaporeans) have caused many problems, especially traffic congestion in the city centre," he said.

In 2006, the Government had decided that a fee - probably about RM20 - would be levied on cars from Singapore and Thailand to offset some of the petrol subsidy lost to these vehicles. However, this proposal was never carried out.

Hasni said it was unfair for the Singaporean government to impose a fee for any Malaysian-registered vehicles entering the island and to even increase this beginning Aug 1.

On Tuesday, Singapore's Land Transport Authority had announced an increase for its Vehicle Entry Permit and Goods Vehicle Permit beginning Aug 1, which would see foreign-registered cars having to pay S$35 per day, up from S$20.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/news/ride/johor-agreeable-levy-proposal-singapore-cars-malaysia

The Star/Asia News Network

Friday, Jul 04, 2014

JOHOR BARU - Johor will not object if the Government decides to impose a levy on Singaporean cars entering Malaysia.

State Public Works, Rural and Regional Development Committee chairman Datuk Hasni Mohammad said besides a token toll charge, Singaporean cars entering the state capital currently do not have to pay any fee.

He said the proposal to impose a levy on these cars, which had been forwarded by Johor to the Federal Government, was reasonable at RM50 (S$20)per vehicle due to Singapore's favourable exchange rate against the Malaysian ringgit.

"Personally, I see that the fee will not be a burden for Malaysians working in the republic or Singaporeans coming into Johor Baru regularly," he said in an interview here yesterday.

The proposal, added Hasni, was not new as the previous state administration had made a similar suggestion, adding that this was merely "a follow-up".

The previous administration, he said, had decided to propose the levy due to the high volume of Singaporean cars using the country's roads and infrastructure.

The money collected could be set aside to help maintain the roads in the state, he pointed out.

"They (Singaporeans) have caused many problems, especially traffic congestion in the city centre," he said.

In 2006, the Government had decided that a fee - probably about RM20 - would be levied on cars from Singapore and Thailand to offset some of the petrol subsidy lost to these vehicles. However, this proposal was never carried out.

Hasni said it was unfair for the Singaporean government to impose a fee for any Malaysian-registered vehicles entering the island and to even increase this beginning Aug 1.

On Tuesday, Singapore's Land Transport Authority had announced an increase for its Vehicle Entry Permit and Goods Vehicle Permit beginning Aug 1, which would see foreign-registered cars having to pay S$35 per day, up from S$20.

Brilliant proposal! Just do it! Will definitely reduce traffic congestion....

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hv said it b4 why they cant open customs for those who walk across causeway?

woodlandscheckpoint.jpg

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hv said it b4 why they cant open customs for those who walk across causeway?

Best thing is to build a bridge together with RTS for motorcycles use only, with only 1 co-located checkpoint at incoming & exit. Then Woodlands will be for car use only. This will reduce drastically, the time taken to clear, and much safer for both cars & motorcycles....

Ace88

hi all,

Can I ask is around 9.30 am on Sat a good time to enter JB via causeway by bus ? will there be long jam ? thanks.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, coz one side is earning $$$, the other side is spending $$$. I think people with reasonable mind set will know the diff between the two.
If the $$$ is good, I will continues to work, if make my spending diff, I just change to other place to spend.

that why most of us think our boss /company is a shit place but we still work there coz they pay us.

The Malay politican should use their brain and give it a thought. Singapore though contribute to your congestion on the road. We also contribute to your economy. If you depend on your local to support your economy. It will be disastrous.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
These politician should discern that we are going into Malaysia and spend money in your country.

Malaysian comes in and earn their money and bring back to Malaysia. What kind of tit for Tat reaction is warranted ?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

RELATED STORIES

Malaysia mulling proposal to impose charge on foreign vehicles entering border via JB
Foreign cars entering Malaysia: Border charge must be carefully studied
Commuters unhappy over new vehicle entry fee
Higher entry permit fees for foreign vehicles

Become a fan on Facebook

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
These politician should discern that we are going into Malaysia and spend money in your country.

Malaysian comes in and earn their money and bring back to Malaysia. What kind of tit for Tat reaction is warranted ?

There's an old Malay proverb that goes.. "Breastfeed monkey in the jungle while child at home starve to death".

The VEP increase is about time lah. Too many policies inadvertantly favouring foreigners.

The Malaysian politicians know this but still must kaopeh a bit lah for local consumption.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The businesses as far as Kulai will go bankrupt if they slap foreign cars with RM 50 levy and I am sure of that

There's an old Malay proverb that goes.. "Breastfeed monkey in the jungle while child at home starve to death".

The VEP increase is about time lah. Too many policies inadvertantly favouring foreigners.

The Malaysian politicians know this but still must kaopeh a bit lah for local consumption.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The businesses as far as Kulai will go bankrupt if they slap foreign cars with RM 50 levy and I am sure of that

but isn't that good? no more jams. singapore should jack up VEP to 70SGD and m/sia tit for tat slap 100RM fee for singapore car. like a game of political chicken.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Honestly, the Federal Government are not much bothered about Jb or Kulai business as much of them are shopping and eating. These are the businesses who do not contribute much to the national coffers. They need immediate cash for road upkeep, and not years later after IRB go into action. Foreign cars provide immediate and consistent inputs. Just my 2 sen worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.