• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree, just need to be extra careful and once build into your daily routine should be fine.

Anyway i am a new user to this forum. Also a SG that have moved over to JB for 1 year ++.

Welcomed! R u also doing the daily commute to Sg for work? Any kids?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the smoke screen is out can I as the victim see anything too? Sounds good for me as I plan to drive up around Malaysia alone during CNY

Guys, be safe anyway.. People tend to get used to Sg way of living, remember to lock your door while pumping petrol. Hold firm to your belonging. I might as well intro myself. My company sells "smoke screen security system", it shoots out thick fog when the motion sensor or panic button is triggered. So the burglar can't see anything for a good 30minutes, and resort to escape. Contact me via whatsapp "+6583873806" if you need my service, thanks.
Malaysia# +60163778870

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that the half of the malays there in Kelantan study in Chinese schools! Not sure how true it is but it was reported in the papers. Its really good move. Kelantan can be quite "notorious " in the press for their "Islamic way of life " but the Chinese there are simply living it high up. The media tend to portray them as a hotbed of Terrorist teaching.

I am hoping to stay and look around in Kelantan during my Grand Slam Malaysia Tour 2016 CNY.

Are there any St Regis or Pan Pacific etc for me to book online? Does the people speak English?

I have tried part of that way to Kelantan as follows:-

Singapore to KL.
KL to Karak, Gambang, Pekan, Kuantan Pahang,
Kuantan to Cherating, Rantau Abang, Marang, Kuala Trengganu.
Kuala Trengganu to Tumpat, Kota Bahru, Kelantan.
Kota Bahru to Gerik, Ipoh, Perak. (very winding road certain stretch)
Ipoh to KL.
KL to Singapore.

It was quite an interesting trip.
The Kelantanese are keen to study Chinese so that they can work for Chinese bosses as they said that the pay is higher and they are being treated better as an employee.
In fact, we came across the locals speaking fluent Mandarin there.

The Thai influence in Tumpat is also amazing.

The people in Trengganu are very friendly and generous.

Overall, a good experience.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, be safe anyway.. People tend to get used to Sg way of living, remember to lock your door while pumping petrol. Hold firm to your belonging. I might as well intro myself. My company sells "smoke screen security system", it shoots out thick fog when the motion sensor or panic button is triggered. So the burglar can't see anything for a good 30minutes, and resort to escape. Contact me via whatsapp "+6583873806" if you need my service, thanks.
Malaysia# +60163778870

Bro , how much is your smoke screen cost ? Can deliver to Bukit Indah area ?

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that the half of the malays there in Kelantan study in Chinese schools! Not sure how true it is but it was reported in the papers. Its really good move. Kelantan can be quite "notorious " in the press for their "Islamic way of life " but the Chinese there are simply living it high up. The media tend to portray them as a hotbed of Terrorist teaching.

I am hoping to stay and look around in Kelantan during my Grand Slam Malaysia Tour 2016 CNY.

Are there any St Regis or Pan Pacific etc for me to book online? Does the people speak English?

It is quite unfair for the Federal Government to leave Kelantan lagging behind other states as some of the roads only one single lane.

No idea about St Regis and Pan Pac. We stayed in Hotel Perdana, a 5 star hotel which is quite good. The people do speak English.

mainpage.jpg

Attachments

• mainpage.jpg
    mainpage.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 989

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is quite unfair for the Federal Government to leave Kelantan lagging behind other states as some of the roads only one single lane.

No idea about St Regis and Pan Pac. We stayed in Hotel Perdana, a 5 star hotel which is quite good. The people do speak English.

mainpage.jpg

Damn it looks so grand. I was thinking of driving around Malaysia in 5-7 days and one of the spots I would like to venture will be Kelantan.

Fattychew

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you got kid and still need to travel in and out, you can call yourself BonyChew next year

Indeed, lol. When i change my username means thats the day when i have kids.

Back in 2012 when i bought my house in JB my family was skeptical, but i really feel great that there is so many around that did so.

Anyway really thanks to the folks that setup the forum and maintaining it well, really great to have many SG folks to chat with in foreign land.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, lol. When i change my username means thats the day when i have kids.

Back in 2012 when i bought my house in JB my family was skeptical, but i really feel great that there is so many around that did so.

Anyway really thanks to the folks that setup the forum and maintaining it well, really great to have many SG folks to chat with in foreign land.

Glad it's working out well for you this past one year plus!

mischz

Hmm guys, not sure if this is the correct thread to find out..
I'm actually contemplating on staying at Malaysia through the MM2H program.

My question is do u guys also apply through this program or rather invest in the properties at Malaysia ?

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually for Sporean not really need get the mm2h.
Unless u want take advantage of the duty free Car, maid.
And u have ample liquidity to Qualify / place as FD in Msia bank as lien.

Otherwise presently unless Laws change in Msia,
MACs are good enough. Just pop in/out every 29days lor.

Cheers

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually for Sporean not really need get the mm2h.
Unless u want take advantage of the duty free Car, maid.
And u have ample liquidity to Qualify / place as FD in Msia bank as lien.

Otherwise presently unless Laws change in Msia,
MACs are good enough. Just pop in/out every 29days lor.

Cheers

Fully agree. Also at present moment I travel in and out daily on weekdays.therefore it does not make sense for me to pledge a sum to obtain the mm2h. However to be honest I don't meet the requirement as well

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fully agree. Also at present moment I travel in and out daily on weekdays.therefore it does not make sense for me to pledge a sum to obtain the mm2h. However to be honest I don't meet the requirement as well

same same...I boh lui to apply MM2H...but it means I have to monitor everyone's passport to make sure no one overstay.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife is Malaysian hence I only monitor myself. Haha

Wah wife Malaysian best, no need to buy above RM one million, right?

My colleague has a MY girlfriend who wants to be citizen in Singapore, I say what for? Malaysians earning SG dollars to bring home is best scenario.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wasn't anticipate that when we tied the knot. Well nowadays property prices in decent district are over a million commonly so not much difference already.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wasn't anticipate that when we tied the knot. Well nowadays property prices in decent district are over a million commonly so not much difference already.

True also, but still have landed properties below the minimum sum also. I have friends who would like to buy landed but put off by the minimum sum required.

Status
Not open for further replies.