• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Frado, since you ride bike across the causeway daily, you may want to take heed of what's written in this http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...es-msian-bikes-look-out-or-risk-tyre-puncture

Not sure about the authenticity, but there's no harm to be cautious.

Thanks! Not sure what is the intent of these people putting nails there. If these are just to prevent the person behind from bumping their tyres onto their rear them while being jammed at checkpoints then these people really very petty, and also very evil hearted for intentionally causing damage or hurt. Considering how packed the checkpoints are it is inevitable that there will be the occasional tyre bumps from the biker behind, or even to bump into the biker in front. Unless one is purposely trying to provoke, just treat it as an innocent accidental bump lah. Life is so short, air so polluted at customs, why still add such things to it?

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Came across this article and quite agree with his views...what do you think?:p

http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/content/why-your-retirement-plan-good-news-iskandar-malaysia

Agree to the max!

Singapore is a grinder! Great place to make money, opportunity abundant but living & leisure conditions don't match.

My personal opinion, you need to make around S$20k/month to really enjoy living in SG. My friends in KL making 4-5 times less than me, has better overall quality of life.

I can't wait for my condo in JB to be ready!

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks! Not sure what is the intent of these people putting nails there. If these are just to prevent the person behind from bumping their tyres onto their rear them while being jammed at checkpoints then these people really very petty, and also very evil hearted for intentionally causing damage or hurt. Considering how packed the checkpoints are it is inevitable that there will be the occasional tyre bumps from the biker behind, or even to bump into the biker in front. Unless one is purposely trying to provoke, just treat it as an innocent accidental bump lah. Life is so short, air so polluted at customs, why still add such things to it?

To puncture the tire, you prob need to bump at high speed. Not so easy to pancet tayar, unless from the side.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree to the max!

Singapore is a grinder! Great place to make money, opportunity abundant but living & leisure conditions don't match.

My personal opinion, you need to make around S$20k/month to really enjoy living in SG. My friends in KL making 4-5 times less than me, has better overall quality of life.

I can't wait for my condo in JB to be ready!

I suppose only when one has lived in JB for a period of time then he can appreciate the savings to be reaped and the overall cheaper cost of living and even a better standard of living compared to Singapore. Like you I eagerly look forward to the JB condo being completed. :biggrin:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose only when one has lived in JB for a period of time then he can appreciate the savings to be reaped and the overall cheaper cost of living and even a better standard of living compared to Singapore. Like you I eagerly look forward to the JB condo being completed. :biggrin:

I brought my American Chinese friend to play golf in JB recently in Tanjung Puteri. He said until today he still thinks of the game. So relax, trees everywhere, the sound of wind blowing through the trees (OMG), insects chirping and no sound of cars anywhere. Pure bliss! SG got no such thing, except maybe SICC which only mega mega mega right can afford!

He said he will rent 1 room from me when my condo ready so he can play more in JB. Lol.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
One has to seriously ( I mean seriously not those weekend ninjas ) live in JB for 3 years at least to appreciate the fact that you don't get robbed on the street on a daily basis.

Getting robbed in JB everyday is what the PAP govt wants stupid Singaporeans to believe in.

For one thing, Singaporeans can screwed and robbed on a daily basis in Singapore and most Singaporeans love it. 7 out of 10 I mean

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
One has to seriously ( I mean seriously not those weekend ninjas ) live in JB for 3 years at least to appreciate the fact that you don't get robbed on the street on a daily basis.

Getting robbed in JB everyday is what the PAP govt wants stupid Singaporeans to believe in.

For one thing, Singaporeans can screwed and robbed on a daily basis in Singapore and most Singaporeans love it. 7 out of 10 I mean

Much agree! While there is more crime in JB, I don't think it is crime infested like what some people want to paint, step out only kena robbed or raped. Of course we should not take things for granted and let our guard down, but surely no need to be paranoid.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
if we were to say JB is dangerous, try staying in sabah or sarawak, i was staying in sarawak for several years, break ins and stolen vehicles were norms.like what many bros say here, staying in low profile and due diligence is very important in malaysia. my sarawak house was almost break in to many years back, but thanks to my faithful rott weiler who defended my house but cost his life in the end. Jb is still fine as long we dont splash your wealth alll over the place, hehe

Best not to drive around in a BMW, Mercs or a flash car. It automatically attracts the wrong kind of attention. But don't get a Proton, then the car needs lots of attention........

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best not to drive around in a BMW, Mercs or a flash car. It automatically attracts the wrong kind of attention. But don't get a Proton, then the car needs lots of attention........

LOL! That was a funny remark on Proton cars!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL! That was a funny remark on Proton cars!

Hahaha, just trying to "lighten" the posts. Actually driving a Proton gives a fair amount of anonymity, BUT do tint the glasses in the car, security issues. But just enough to make it difficult for passerby to see inside, forestall "smash and grab". However if too dark, then a different issue arises, you will be stopped by either JPJ enforcement ( local LTA ) or Cops, then it's a different kind of "smash and grab" :p

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha, just trying to "lighten" the posts. Actually driving a Proton gives a fair amount of anonymity, BUT do tint the glasses in the car, security issues. But just enough to make it difficult for passerby to see inside, forestall "smash and grab". However if too dark, then a different issue arises, you will be stopped by either JPJ enforcement ( local LTA ) or Cops, then it's a different kind of "smash and grab" :p

I do regret not making my tint darker though...not driving a Proton....but not driving a Merz or BMW or some flashy branded car either...just a hoon dan Korean car...LOL!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very good idea, BUT address the issue or carparks first, laahh. Look at Bukit Indah, opposite AEON, sometimes it's "madness" with cars parked 3 deep. BI is suppose to be a "New Development" falling into the description of modern town....... I think not..... Just that don't see wires overheard and potholes (yet!!!!)

Tebrau Aeon parking has improved tremendously after the MSCP was completed. Hopefully Bt Indah Aeon do the same there. The parking there really is difficult, even parking at Mac also can get cramped if not customer there.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tebrau Aeon parking has improved tremendously after the MSCP was completed. Hopefully Bt Indah Aeon do the same there. The parking there really is difficult, even parking at Mac also can get cramped if not customer there.

can only hope, BUT I "wouldn't hold me breath". The MSCP took 3 years if not longer to build, I think the indiscrimate parking on the approach road outside the main entry to AEON Tebrau may have greatly contributed to the MSCP being built... IMO.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
They really have to plan to improve infrastructure before launching all these ambitious projects

Yes, before anything is launched/built with 10year look ahead built into it. Look at the road to BI especially around the HSBC / Tesco / AEON approach roads. Utter chaos at peak times, this is 3 years after all the buildings have come up around this corridor. Surely, town planners would have foreseen these traffic usage when planning permission was given?????

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have given up hope on finding a parking space in Jusco. Once while turning into Jusco I was parked outside ( haven't enter Jusco ) and in my rear mirror I saw 1 malay boy walking down from the slope.. peeping into each and every car behind me! I was perturbed and opened my car door with my hammer in my hand and the moment he saw me he sprinted back up the slope to join his accomplice on the bike and bugger off.

Past few years I have the habit of parking at the Thai massage opposite and tipping the guards RM 5 to RM 10 and I just cross the road to Jusco for shopping. No need to fear anything.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have given up hope on finding a parking space in Jusco. Once while turning into Jusco I was parked outside ( haven't enter Jusco ) and in my rear mirror I saw 1 malay boy walking down from the slope.. peeping into each and every car behind me! I was perturbed and opened my car door with my hammer in my hand and the moment he saw me he sprinted back up the slope to join his accomplice on the bike and bugger off.

Past few years I have the habit of parking at the Thai massage opposite and tipping the guards RM 5 to RM 10 and I just cross the road to Jusco for shopping. No need to fear anything.

Power sia!:biggrin:

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be very frank here, when I first ventured into JB after my business got busted and PAP kept screwing my backside, I always tell associates and friends that JB is a cowboy town.

But these past 5 years JB has seen some serious improvement done to their security issues. At around the same time, Singapore imported dubious characers of all kinds and the whole society and safety in Singapore is now in a dire straits of dismay. Its atrocious even to think the ministers running this dot is paid 5-10 times more than Obama. Singapore is like Titantic. Looks strong and beef-up. But its inherent flaws has appeared and the ship is sinking fast

http://m.todayonline.com/world/asia/world-class-johor-barus-almost-there

Hopefully they are not stretching the words "almost there" here.

Status
Not open for further replies.