• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Malaysia friend told me if based on SG$20/day. Assumed that he drive every day in to work for 1 month
SGD 20x 24days = 480/mth
1 year of working minus leave / holiday / MC = 288 - (18 (Leave) + 13? (Holiday) + 4 (MC)) X SGD 20 = SGD 5060
10 year = SGD50K..... .
He said SGD 50K is similar to a COE price but he can enjoy cheaper petrol/ road tax / insurance / basic maintenance etc... . He can further save coz he need to travel 25% of the time. lolx... .
but he cant drive now coz he is a SPR now.... .

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow really like a wish come true, we were just talking about this in the forum that day. Good job LTA!

Btw it should be cheap COE then cheap VEP, not the other way round that keeping VEP cheap with the hope COE will become cheap. If host is not having it cheap, why should guest taking jobs be getting it cheap?

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think VEP increase is to control the Malaysian car numbers. I was a few Malaysian cars in office carpark, 2 years back there was none. Also heard of stories of SPR hiring drivers so that they can drive in a malaysian car.

Yeah so many Msia cars on the road, many immediate advantages if the numbers are reduced. Less congestion, less pollution, less haphazard parking. Have even seen one parking on zig zag line.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other tamans got robbery its common and norm. When Horizon Hills, EasT Ledang and Ledang Heights, Leisure Farm got robberies it hit headlines. To me its just a minor news and robbery happens even in "safe" Singapore. Just read the ST daily and you will know what I mean

hey, today I saw a news in the Chinese news paper 早报that a high class G&G landed at 武吉英达(Bukit Indah?) have experienced 2 time arm robbery / house break in, where the residences have made discussion with the management but nothing is done.

Any one know which project it that? Horizon Hill, SP Setia, Nusa Duta????

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
2nd link is worse! It jams all the way into AYE and almost to the roundabout about 6pm. It takes 2-3 hours to clear on weekdays and the Q-cutters, er sorry to say this, 99% are "foreign" cars

Bike took 2 lanes. Bottle necked the cars to 1 lane creating the problem. It's been fine lately since the school holiday ended. Hopefully it will get better after August.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding the VEP increase, I read a comment on sgcarmart forum about how some EP holders might buy a Sg car to avoid paying higher VEP. That will maintain a certain level of demand for new cars and COE won't drop to pre-2009 levels

Agreed with you. I know EP holders do drive SG cars. So the COE will definitely not going to drop below the $60k mark. In fact it will going up soon.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other tamans got robbery its common and norm. When Horizon Hills, EasT Ledang and Ledang Heights, Leisure Farm got robberies it hit headlines. To me its just a minor news and robbery happens even in "safe" Singapore. Just read the ST daily and you will know what I mean

I think it is more common in Malaysia. Almost everyone I know in Malaysia have been rob, house break-in or car. Almost everyone i know in Singapore has none. Obviously I know more Singaporeans. We just have to be extra carefull. That said there are many nice people in Malaysia, I once left my smartphone in a rented car and the car handover person saw it and return it to me.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow, saw online news , jb also wan to copycat n collect more money fr sg car gg to msia .. google n see.....
lets see who cant tahan n withdraw e extra fees .....

It is not possible that JB wants to charge extra towards Singapore car.

1st thing i want to say is that most of the ppl who travel here to work in Singapore are earning money from Singapore then transferred back to Malaysia. They don't stay here and thus don't spend much at all.

We Singaporean goes into JB and throng their shopping Malls, food outlet, Cinema, Medicine, Supermarket, Property, Petrol station, car wash outlet and many more thus proping up the coffers into the pte residents of JB.

It will be ultra unbeneficial for them to charge us more for using their roads, because we had been spending much much more !

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

That why Peter Lim will be the saviour for Singkies. He will save the Singkies from being rob by the robbers. He will partner with Sultan of JB to open up security Industry.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want to rob him.... simple.

Just married his daughter and you inherit everything.....

29383.jpg

haha, he cannot even save himself from being 'robbed' .

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not possible that JB wants to charge extra towards Singapore car.

1st thing i want to say is that most of the ppl who travel here to work in Singapore are earning money from Singapore then transferred back to Malaysia. They don't stay here and thus don't spend much at all.

We Singaporean goes into JB and throng their shopping Malls, food outlet, Cinema, Medicine, Supermarket, Property, Petrol station, car wash outlet and many more thus proping up the coffers into the pte residents of JB.

It will be ultra unbeneficial for them to charge us more for using their roads, because we had been spending much much more !

> Johor seeking to charge Singapore-registered vehicles entering Malaysia
The Johor state government has proposed charging a fee of RM20 for Singapore-registered vehicles entering Johor Bahru. Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said a proposal was made to the Federal Government five months ago and that the state was still awaiting Putrajaya's decision. From the fee, RM5 would be returned to Johor for road maintenance, he said. Mohamed Khaled also clarified that the proposed fee was not in retaliation of Singapore's latest revision of the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fee and Goods Vehicle Permit (GVP) fee for foreign-registered cars entering the republic.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM 20 is cheap. RM 50 is reasonable to give us bona-fide travelers the open space in Causeway.

I say please go ahead and charge. Don't talk for 7-8 years and keep talking.

> Johor seeking to charge Singapore-registered vehicles entering Malaysia
The Johor state government has proposed charging a fee of RM20 for Singapore-registered vehicles entering Johor Bahru. Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said a proposal was made to the Federal Government five months ago and that the state was still awaiting Putrajaya's decision. From the fee, RM5 would be returned to Johor for road maintenance, he said. Mohamed Khaled also clarified that the proposed fee was not in retaliation of Singapore's latest revision of the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fee and Goods Vehicle Permit (GVP) fee for foreign-registered cars entering the republic.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM 20 is cheap. RM 50 is reasonable to give us bona-fide travelers the open space in Causeway.

I say please go ahead and charge. Don't talk for 7-8 years and keep talking.

Hooray! End of traffic jams? Maybe at least temporary until people starts getting used to it and flocks back in droves again. The governments are the winners here...

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not possible that JB wants to charge extra towards Singapore car. 1st thing i want to say is that most of the ppl who travel here to work in Singapore are earning money from Singapore then transferred back to Malaysia. They don't stay here and thus don't spend much at all. We Singaporean goes into JB and throng their shopping Malls, food outlet, Cinema, Medicine, Supermarket, Property, Petrol station, car wash outlet and many more thus proping up the coffers into the pte residents of JB. It will be ultra unbeneficial for them to charge us more for using their roads, because we had been spending much much more !

If the Johor state government charges RM20 per SG car; the money can be used to maintain the roads, pay the immigration officers, etc. And RM20 or even RM40 is just around S$8-16; savings from shopping, eating, massage and watching movies will be in the hundreds of SGD.

So, it will be beneficial for the Johor gov to charge, even if they keep the money for themselves. Singaporeans and those earning SGD, but stay in Sg, will continue their routine of coming to Johor.

Status
Not open for further replies.