• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing yr experience, if the leakages are internal, we can DIY, unless it's external wall, then it becomes Mgmt problem, need to erect scaffoldings...

If can DIY best, but the water leakage can cause damage to false ceiling, built in cabinet etc that need to be replaced. I remember a case whereby the downstairs neighbour renovated and replaced more than damage and claimed from the upstairs neighbour and ended up in court haha.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
link : http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/foreign-vehicle-permit/1225516.html?cid=FBSG

SINGAPORE: Starting Aug 1, the Vehicle Entry Permit fee for foreign-registered cars entering Singapore will be raised from S$20 to S$35 per day, while the Goods Vehicle Permit fee for foreign-registered goods vehicles will be raised from S$10 to S$40 per calendar month, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said on Tuesday (July 1).

The Vehicle Entry Permit fee increase only applies to foreign-registered cars and will not affect buses or taxis, the LTA said, adding that the fee for foreign-registered motorcycles will remain unchanged at S$4 per day.

Foreign-registered cars entering Singapore will have to pay the permit fee from 2am to 5pm on weekdays – except during Singapore’s June and December school holidays, when the chargeable hours will be 2am to 12pm on weekdays.

As per current regulations, no permits for foreign-registered cars and motorcycles are required on Saturdays, Sundays and Singapore public holidays. In addition, each foreign-registered car and motorcycle can enter Singapore for a maximum of 10 days per calendar year without having to pay the permit fees.

Owners of foreign-registered goods vehicles can continue to purchase the Goods Vehicle Permit at the current fee of S$10 for July. However, permits with a validity period beyond July will be charged at S$40 per calendar month, the LTA said.

The transport agency said in a statement on Tuesday that the fee increase is part of its periodic review to ensure that “the cost of owning and using a foreign-registered vehicle in Singapore is commensurate with that of owning and using a Singapore-registered vehicle”.

- CNA/cy

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't it time to charge these Malaysian fat cats who are working here for using their own cars ? $20 a day is consider meaningless. In fact, i think it is merciful to them. Consider these people earning 3K easily per month without CPF or anything. It is cheap by their standard.

link : http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/foreign-vehicle-permit/1225516.html?cid=FBSG

SINGAPORE: Starting Aug 1, the Vehicle Entry Permit fee for foreign-registered cars entering Singapore will be raised from S$20 to S$35 per day, while the Goods Vehicle Permit fee for foreign-registered goods vehicles will be raised from S$10 to S$40 per calendar month, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said on Tuesday (July 1).

The Vehicle Entry Permit fee increase only applies to foreign-registered cars and will not affect buses or taxis, the LTA said, adding that the fee for foreign-registered motorcycles will remain unchanged at S$4 per day.

Foreign-registered cars entering Singapore will have to pay the permit fee from 2am to 5pm on weekdays – except during Singapore’s June and December school holidays, when the chargeable hours will be 2am to 12pm on weekdays.

As per current regulations, no permits for foreign-registered cars and motorcycles are required on Saturdays, Sundays and Singapore public holidays. In addition, each foreign-registered car and motorcycle can enter Singapore for a maximum of 10 days per calendar year without having to pay the permit fees.

Owners of foreign-registered goods vehicles can continue to purchase the Goods Vehicle Permit at the current fee of S$10 for July. However, permits with a validity period beyond July will be charged at S$40 per calendar month, the LTA said.

The transport agency said in a statement on Tuesday that the fee increase is part of its periodic review to ensure that “the cost of owning and using a foreign-registered vehicle in Singapore is commensurate with that of owning and using a Singapore-registered vehicle”.

- CNA/cy

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't it time to charge these Malaysian fat cats who are working here for using their own cars ? $20 a day is consider meaningless. In fact, i think it is merciful to them. Consider these people earning 3K easily per month without CPF or anything. It is cheap by their standard.

Er... I thought Crystal just mentioned it will be increased from 20 to 35 dollars?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

$700 per month is too little. My office neighbours angmo earns S$8000 / month n stay in HH.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

- CNA/cy

Positive move.

Hopefully thats more people car pool instead lesser car on the road. Inline with current COE price. Good move LTA.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Positive move.

Hopefully thats more people car pool instead lesser car on the road. Inline with current COE price. Good move LTA.

Yah I think its a gd move too, that will result in lesser cars on the road. Woodlands Checkpoint 530 pm is terrible. Hopefully no tit for tat move by the Malaysians....haha

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah I think its a gd move too, that will result in lesser cars on the road. Woodlands Checkpoint 530 pm is terrible. Hopefully no tit for tat move by the Malaysians....haha

2nd link is worse! It jams all the way into AYE and almost to the roundabout about 6pm. It takes 2-3 hours to clear on weekdays and the Q-cutters, er sorry to say this, 99% are "foreign" cars

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi Malpaso,

can share wats the brand and pricing of yr solution ?

sure

AJ Alfa waterprooof
"deep penetration and colorless"
(washroom floor, slab leaks, prevent external wall fungus,
surfaces treated can be painted over
can be used as deep penetrating and consolidation surface sealer for walls / brick walls etc
manufactured by AJ Alfa marketing
[email protected]
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...347424.-2207520000.1404210708.&type=3&theater

btw this obviously works better for those landed homes, but i just applied to inside of my room wall after filling up the tiny plaster crack with plaster.
40RM for 1 liter a few years back. there is no chemical composition stated on the tin

hope this helps. i'm not affiliated to the product manufacturer in any way. it was recommended me by a hardware shop in kota damansara quite a while back

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding the VEP increase, I read a comment on sgcarmart forum about how some EP holders might buy a Sg car to avoid paying higher VEP. That will maintain a certain level of demand for new cars and COE won't drop to pre-2009 levels

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding the VEP increase, I read a comment on sgcarmart forum about how some EP holders might buy a Sg car to avoid paying higher VEP. That will maintain a certain level of demand for new cars and COE won't drop to pre-2009 levels

i know one property agent in jb he is driving singapore car

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not wishing for COE to remain at current levels. It's just another viewpoint whereby with the Gov increasing VEP; it could indirectly cause the COE to remain at high levels because of increased demand from EP holders who can afford to buy a SG car.

Malpaso, maybe the JB agent is a Singaporean.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow, saw online news , jb also wan to copycat n collect more money fr sg car gg to msia .. google n see.....
lets see who cant tahan n withdraw e extra fees .....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not wishing for COE to remain at current levels. It's just another viewpoint whereby with the Gov increasing VEP; it could indirectly cause the COE to remain at high levels because of increased demand from EP holders who can afford to buy a SG car.

Malpaso, maybe the JB agent is a Singaporean.

no lah malaysian.. he should be holding SPR though.

Sunday

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey, today I saw a news in the Chinese news paper 早报that a high class G&G landed at 武吉英达(Bukit Indah?) have experienced 2 time arm robbery / house break in, where the residences have made discussion with the management but nothing is done.

Any one know which project it that? Horizon Hill, SP Setia, Nusa Duta????

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think VEP increase is to control the Malaysian car numbers. I was a few Malaysian cars in office carpark, 2 years back there was none. Also heard of stories of SPR hiring drivers so that they can drive in a malaysian car.

Status
Not open for further replies.