• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a regular for Thai massage you see. So the counter chicks and boys all know me. It makes me feel safe when I go around my daily routines. Once I even park there and walk opposite into the roundabout park to jog. My life is always good in JB and I am wondering why some people insist my life is screwed. Yes, I was screwed badly in Singapore but that was in the past. For now no more ERP or shit 7% GST in Singapore dollars for me. I enjoy paying 6% GST in RM & I enjoy contributing to the Malaysia economy as this country gave me the chance to stay in an Ang-mo-Chu and drive a S$20,000 car with RM 50 road tax.

Got a friend who is just in his early 40s and he has been driving his F-Type to his sprawling bungalow in Leisure farm 3 weekdays a week. I am contented to be able to help someone to move into this wonderful community although I have always stressed that his car is too flashy for Jalan Gelang Patah. So we are dropping by car agents to book a JB plated Hilux or Triton this weekend.

Power sia!:biggrin:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a regular for Thai massage you see. So the counter chicks and boys all know me. It makes me feel safe when I go around my daily routines. Once I even park there and walk opposite into the roundabout park to jog. My life is always good in JB and I am wondering why some people insist my life is screwed. Yes, I was screwed badly in Singapore but that was in the past. For now no more ERP or shit 7% GST in Singapore dollars for me. I enjoy paying 6% GST in RM & I enjoy contributing to the Malaysia economy as this country gave me the chance to stay in an Ang-mo-Chu and drive a S$20,000 car with RM 50 road tax.

Got a friend who is just in his early 40s and he has been driving his F-Type to his sprawling bungalow in Leisure farm 3 weekdays a week. I am contented to be able to help someone to move into this wonderful community although I have always stressed that his car is too flashy for Jalan Gelang Patah. So we are dropping by car agents to book a JB plated Hilux or Triton this weekend.

More power sia! :biggrin:

Yes I also agree with you that life in JB has been good, in fact better, than life in Singapore. Besides being able to live in "angmo chu" we could also purchase a new MY family car for less than the price of a COE and with no 10 year limit nonsense. If we were still in Singapore I would by now be very worried about how to continue to own a car with the high cash deposit. Moreover parking and ERP fees in Singapore are bloodsuckers while in JB parking can be virtually free. And there's so much more to explore in JB and beyond (like taking road trips to visit other states) compared to just going to the malls and more of the same malls each time in Singapore. :smile:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes I also agree with you that life in JB has been good, in fact better, than life in Singapore. Besides being able to live in "angmo chu" we could also purchase a new MY family car for less than the price of a COE and with no 10 year limit nonsense. If we were still in Singapore I would by now be very worried about how to continue to own a car with the high cash deposit. Moreover parking and ERP fees in Singapore are bloodsuckers while in JB parking can be virtually free. And there's so much more to explore in JB and beyond (like taking road trips to visit other states) compared to just going to the malls and more of the same malls each time in Singapore. :smile:

Aiyo sad le... I still got another 1 year to stay in SG, until my house in JB is ready. Shopping malls, here i come :p Just kidding, no disrespect intended.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo sad le... I still got another 1 year to stay in SG, until my house in JB is ready. Shopping malls, here i come :p Just kidding, no disrespect intended.

LOL! I was at a shopping mall last week and had $5 char kway teow. Damn expensive as I would never have to pay RM15 for that at open food centre or coffee shop in JB.:eek:

Now coming into Singapore always feel super handicapped without SG car. Push pram, carry kid, go through human traffic at both customs, go up and down bus, so much walking to do etc....all these will take easily one hour one way. After that still must take bus or MRT...the travelling time to Singapore and within Singapore went up a lot, not to mention the costs involved esp when have to take taxis or Uber :(

But once in JB so relaxed with own car to move about freely. Petrol...I mean diesel so cheap....now for $35 I can hoot full tank 60 litres for Euro 5 diesel.:biggrin: In Singapore for $35 can maybe only reach 1/3 tank.:(

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi, I am also seriously thinking of retiring in JB but apprehensive abt what to do there. I mean there seems to be not many mental activities ( correct me if I am wrong) like seminars , talks , exhibition etc that can keep the mind active. Yes there are shopping malls and makan shops there but a bit sian right after a while ? Also, if wanna jog outdoors, may hv a problem due to the higher crimes etc ?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, I am also seriously thinking of retiring in JB but apprehensive abt what to do there. I mean there seems to be not many mental activities ( correct me if I am wrong) like seminars , talks , exhibition etc that can keep the mind active. Yes there are shopping malls and makan shops there but a bit sian right after a while ? Also, if wanna jog outdoors, may hv a problem due to the higher crimes etc ?

When retired time is at your disposal and if you have money, that's even better. If live in condo can go swimming and gym to keep fit, if in landed can jog within guarded and gated compound. Or can keep pets or plant some crops or flowers. I am sure there are mind-stretching and dementia-slowing things to do in JB once retired. Sorry I can't offer much in terms of such activities since retirement is still not an option for me. Peasant life.....must work till I die or die working.:o

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
When retired time is at your disposal and if you have money, that's even better. If live in condo can go swimming and gym to keep fit, if in landed can jog within guarded and gated compound. Or can keep pets or plant some crops or flowers. I am sure there are mind-stretching and dementia-slowing things to do in JB once retired. Sorry I can't offer much in terms of such activities since retirement is still not an option for me. Peasant life.....must work till I die or die working.:o

OK thanks. Dun worry, yr chance to retire will come sooner than u think :smile:

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently I had the urge to go on more adventures in Malaysia.. maybe trekking along the jungles in Taman Negara.. boat rides deep into the swamps to see crocodiles and to dense vegetation to see tigers. Another plan is to drive up to Perak, take the East-West expressway with all the winding and mountainous road towards Kelantan side and use the small roads all the way down to Mersing and cut across JB to Nusajaya. All these I reckon should ideally take 3-4 days as I will stop by several places to makan and sleep over.

In Singapore it takes me 30 minute to drive from one end to another end and that's it. Boring.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently I had the urge to go on more adventures in Malaysia.. maybe trekking along the jungles in Taman Negara.. boat rides deep into the swamps to see crocodiles and to dense vegetation to see tigers. Another plan is to drive up to Perak, take the East-West expressway with all the winding and mountainous road towards Kelantan side and use the small roads all the way down to Mersing and cut across JB to Nusajaya. All these I reckon should ideally take 3-4 days as I will stop by several places to makan and sleep over.

In Singapore it takes me 30 minute to drive from one end to another end and that's it. Boring.

Here's a suggestion, go Pontian in search of zheng zong wan tan mee.:wink:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anybody noticed that on the second link and causeway, the inbound traffic to sg in the evening is also heavy every weekday? Is it because there are a lot of people working in Johor and coming home in the evening? are we starting to see a rebalancing of economic activities?

n8c3ma

Does anybody noticed that on the second link and causeway, the inbound traffic to sg in the evening is also heavy every weekday? Is it because there are a lot of people working in Johor and coming home in the evening? are we starting to see a rebalancing of economic activities?

I'm seeing the same thing too. Based on my customer whom i installed 'smoke screen security system'. He said many bosses sent their stuff to Jb branch for operation.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder there is a surge in the number of Singaporean buyers coming to view resale properties in Iskandar recently.
Read More - http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/strong-interest-in-overseas-property-investment-at-property-seminar-showcase-2016

12540519_10153625968594667_1551388913306747846_n.jpg

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Manufacturing activities in Singapore are dropping like hell because even our PM has asked manufacturing to be relocated to Iskandar. Factories near Singapore and 2nd link in particular has seen their prices appreciate much faster than houses.

The new forest City showroom is just before PTP and it is gota be opened soon. That will bring huge crowds around that area

Fattychew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Much agree! While there is more crime in JB, I don't think it is crime infested like what some people want to paint, step out only kena robbed or raped. Of course we should not take things for granted and let our guard down, but surely no need to be paranoid.

agree, just need to be extra careful and once build into your daily routine should be fine.

Anyway i am a new user to this forum. Also a SG that have moved over to JB for 1 year ++.

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have tried part of that way to Kelantan as follows:-

Singapore to KL.
KL to Karak, Gambang, Pekan, Kuantan Pahang,
Kuantan to Cherating, Rantau Abang, Marang, Kuala Trengganu.
Kuala Trengganu to Tumpat, Kota Bahru, Kelantan.
Kota Bahru to Gerik, Ipoh, Perak. (very winding road certain stretch)
Ipoh to KL.
KL to Singapore.

It was quite an interesting trip.
The Kelantanese are keen to study Chinese so that they can work for Chinese bosses as they said that the pay is higher and they are being treated better as an employee.
In fact, we came across the locals speaking fluent Mandarin there.

The Thai influence in Tumpat is also amazing.

The people in Trengganu are very friendly and generous.

Overall, a good experience.

n8c3ma

I have tried part of that way to Kelantan as follows:-

Singapore to KL.
KL to Karak, Gambang, Pekan, Kuantan Pahang,
Kuantan to Cherating, Rantau Abang, Marang, Kuala Trengganu.
Kuala Trengganu to Tumpat, Kota Bahru, Kelantan.
Kota Bahru to Gerik, Ipoh, Perak. (very winding road certain stretch)
Ipoh to KL.
KL to Singapore.

It was quite an interesting trip.
The Kelantanese are keen to study Chinese so that they can work for Chinese bosses as they said that the pay is higher and they are being treated better as an employee.
In fact, we came across the locals speaking fluent Mandarin there.

The Thai influence in Tumpat is also amazing.

The people in Trengganu are very friendly and generous.

Overall, a good experience.

Guys, be safe anyway.. People tend to get used to Sg way of living, remember to lock your door while pumping petrol. Hold firm to your belonging. I might as well intro myself. My company sells "smoke screen security system", it shoots out thick fog when the motion sensor or panic button is triggered. So the burglar can't see anything for a good 30minutes, and resort to escape. Contact me via whatsapp "+6583873806" if you need my service, thanks.
Malaysia# +60163778870

Status
Not open for further replies.