• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/vehicle-entry-permit-johor-delayed-20150924

Published on Sep 24, 2015

Vehicle Entry Permit to Johor delayed

JESSICA LIM

DRIVERS who make frequent trips to Malaysia will not be required to hold a Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) until the end of the year at least.
The Oct 1 deadline to register will be pushed back by at least another four months to give authorities time to develop a radio frequency identification tag that is clone and tamper proof, a Malaysian Ministry of Transport (MOT) spokesman told The Straits Times yesterday.
The VEP, which has a five-year validity, costs vehicle owners an administrative fee of RM10 (S$3.27).
Upon payment, each owner will need to collect a tag to stick on their car windshield.
"Don't worry. If you have no tag on Oct 1, you will not be stopped at the border," said the spokesman. "The latest decision is that we want a better tag that is tamper and clone proof, so we are trying to enhance the tag at this point of time."
It will take about four months to finalise the tag's design.
Vehicle owners will then be given "ample time" - several months - to collect it, he said.
"We will announce the cut-off date for all Singaporean vehicles to display the tag when we are ready. It could be in June next year."
He added that collection information will be sent to applicants when the tags are ready. Although details are still being ironed out, the plan is for vehicle owners to be able to pick them up at several locations, including roadside rest areas.
Many motorists were fretting about the Oct 1 deadline. Some gave up on registering, citing the onerous process and problematic website. Others who managed to register said they had not received information on how to collect the tags.
About 74,000 drivers of Singapore-registered vehicles have submitted VEP applications since Aug 15, when online registration began.
Malaysian authorities expected 200,000 to 300,000 Singapore-registered private vehicles to be enrolled by the end of this year.
Muhammad Shiraq, 25, who registered his family car for the VEP in early September, has not received information on where to collect the tag.
The engineering student, who visits Malaysia once a month with his family for meals and shopping, also said that it was tedious filling up the registration form as it required specific information, like the vehicle chassis number and insurance expiry date.
"Having to wait after the tedious process is frustrating," he said. "Why can't they prepare everything on their side first before asking us to register?"
Malaysia's VEP will initially involve foreign-registered vehicles entering the country via Johor, and will later be implemented at the country's other 12 road entry points.
On Aug 1 last year, Singapore increased the cost of the VEP for foreign vehicles entering the Republic from $20 to $35 a day. It also raised the cost of the Goods Vehicle Permit from $10 to $40.
[email protected]

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kinda expected with the way the Malaysian govt handles policy roll-out
Usually takes more time then expected.
But it's something that I'm not complaining

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Been away a long time and things were really tough for a while. Just to share that the MACS counters are closed at all the border checkpoints (1st & 2nd links)
Now one has to go to Orchard Parade hotel and go to the third floor to apply. Even renewals are considered new applications.

Details:

$35 SGD, yes its SGD now
1 colour photograph with white background (yes even for renewals)
1 photocopy of your utilities bills (SAJ/TNB) for EXPRESS Service on the same day (no difference in cost, just that you will get it after 7.30pm on that same day)
Normal service is next day after 7.30pm, they will refund a portion of the fees if the MACS application is not approved.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been away a long time and things were really tough for a while. Just to share that the MACS counters are closed at all the border checkpoints (1st & 2nd links)
Now one has to go to Orchard Parade hotel and go to the third floor to apply. Even renewals are considered new applications.

Details:

$35 SGD, yes its SGD now
1 colour photograph with white background (yes even for renewals)
1 photocopy of your utilities bills (SAJ/TNB) for EXPRESS Service on the same day (no difference in cost, just that you will get it after 7.30pm on that same day)
Normal service is next day after 7.30pm, they will refund a portion of the fees if the MACS application is not approved.

Bro Wuqi,
Is it true that Malaysian registered car must have the Autpoass AND UI unit when going through Customs? Or is it just Autopass only?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi,
Is it true that Malaysian registered car must have the Autpoass AND UI unit when going through Customs? Or is it just Autopass only?

No need IU units. Its a headache to wait at Vicom to install your IU. Easily 1 hour and above. If you are a regular into Singapore using Malaysia cars then I believe an IU unit helps for ERP and many parking places

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad to know you are back. This forum is not the same without you around. Hope you and family are in great shape.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thank you, just a family man doing his best to keep the family afloat so i am not always around but i will try to be.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really kudos to the Paris Police for trying their best against the terrorist. Hope in this part of the world we will not experience the same shit that has happened there.

I am quite sure if this same terrorist coordinated attacks happened in Singapore, the Singapore police will be hopeless and ineffective against them as we have seen first hand instances of how our South-east asia champion Terrorist Mas Selamat "limped" over to JB after his simple escape from detention

We also see how our Singapore police take cover and flee from local violence in Little india who were basically unarmed. We also see first hand instances of how the Spore police arrive very late to deal with the simple riot.

If got terrorist act I don't dare to think much

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really kudos to the Paris Police for trying their best against the terrorist. Hope in this part of the world we will not experience the same shit that has happened there.

I am quite sure if this same terrorist coordinated attacks happened in Singapore, the Singapore police will be hopeless and ineffective against them as we have seen first hand instances of how our South-east asia champion Terrorist Mas Selamat "limped" over to JB after his simple escape from detention

We also see how our Singapore police take cover and flee from local violence in Little india who were basically unarmed. We also see first hand instances of how the Spore police arrive very late to deal with the simple riot.

Whether you like it or not, Singapore is still the safest in South East Asia.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sad but very true

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://news.omy.sg/News/World-News/story20151117-389068

Well done Malaysia.

Status
Not open for further replies.