• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matx3315

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do prefer to be impartial on these matters.and Ido think I am.or am just playing devils advocate .

Yes it does seems it is a very very big undertaking for jb to come with many many condos ANNNNND somehow most often than not A SINGAPOREAN will say - huh what about if SINGAPOREAN won't buy? What will happen to it..I find it amusing that most often SINGAPOREAN would think it is only Singapore or SINGAPOREAN màinly is the major contributor.

It think its useful to remind ourselves to never underestimate the enemy,in this case it's not enemy but rather other than Singapore.

Yes jb govt may not be effecient or as robust BUT do not forget does pouring millions if not billions in coming up with condos or bungalows are not the govt but veteran businessman if not shrewd.if they think they could not make it I'm sure they would not even dare think getting themselves in this projects.

And yes they are others other than SINGAPOREAN.chinese,Indians,ang moh ,indonesian etc also buy for investments or for stay.AND DO NOT FORGET THERE ARE MANY FILTHY RICH AND THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD THESE homes.

It does appear that bcos our $ is more than double than Malaysian...they are poor

In my opinion the Iskandar project is too big to fail.even some condos/sluggish in sales.its just the norm,happens in robust Singapore as well.

If you hear them slashing price does not mean they are losing money miserably.its just the case of getting less profit at certain stage

The projects will not fail. But they will just hang there. Those with holding power will substain. The rest will submerge.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was told that there are strong demand for condos still in B.I and Nusajaya region in terms of rental.

Condos have been tenanted out for average RM 2000-RM 3500 in Horizon Residence and Fairway Suites. Seem that the demand is still healthy and has returned to Saner levels

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Especially now when minimum purchase for foreigners is 1 million.
Must be at least 5k I would say to be able to break even.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah hard to even breakeven, now tied down as long term investor.

Malaysia still has plenty of young workforce, land n other natural resources. The government is also quite pro-business. It'd growth shd remain quite high around 5% GDP growth for next few years. So roughly property prices shd at least appreciate at 5% per annum along with national growth. So mid term of 5-10 years u will still see some significant gain. Singapore's growth will pale in comparison with aging workforce, no natural resources n high costs.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia currently is a low base.
Most of the young Malaysian affordability is maybe about 300 k probably? Or rental at maybe 1.5k monthly.

For the type of asking prices currently in Johor it's probably not doable.

Malaysia needs a long time before the local job situation can reach this level.
That's why most of the developers and potential landlords are targeting foreigners.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia currently is a low base.
Most of the young Malaysian affordability is maybe about 300 k probably? Or rental at maybe 1.5k monthly.

For the type of asking prices currently in Johor it's probably not doable.

Malaysia needs a long time before the local job situation can reach this level.
That's why most of the developers and potential landlords are targeting foreigners.

less than that for average young malaysian under 30 y.o. in JB. 1K is my estimate for rental. It's not that they cannot afford to pay more, Malaysians are generally quite thrifty and don't simply spend on rental. They will group together and rent those old landed houses. If you want to target rental you either go for commercial shop lot, or those cheaper apartments about 200K (which singaporeans can't buy). The other option is places like BI where more expats frequent (be they singaporean or other countries)

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
less than that for average young malaysian under 30 y.o. in JB. 1K is my estimate for rental. It's not that they cannot afford to pay more, Malaysians are generally quite thrifty and don't simply spend on rental. They will group together and rent those old landed houses. If you want to target rental you either go for commercial shop lot, or those cheaper apartments about 200K (which singaporeans can't buy). The other option is places like BI where more expats frequent (be they singaporean or other countries)

Cheapo $ vvv..hard to earn, if u wan 2 earn headache..:p

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following items are exempted from the GST when implemented next year :

RON95 petrol, diesel and LPG
Electricity up to 300 Kwh
All local and imported fruit
Types of bread, tea, coffee and noodles
Medication for treatment of 30 diseases
Reading materials and newspapers.

Happy???

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
WELL WE CAN AGREE TO DISAGREE.EVRYTHING IN LIFE IS NO GUARANTEE.

YOU CAN HAVE YOUR PIECE HERE NO MATTER HOW STRONGLY YOU FEEL ABOUT IT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE WHAT YOU SAY WILL HAPPEN EVEN .ITS SAME WITH ME

WE COULD BE BANKRUPT FOR CHOOSING TO DO WHAT WE BELIEVE POSITIVELY OR YOU COULD EITHER SUCCED AND GUARANTEED FAILURE IF YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING.

MANY YEARS BACK MANY PEOPLE AVOIDED WOODLANDS HDB TILL HDB LOWERED PRICES.Now it's selling at a good price

Of course you will say tats Singapore but Malaysia is different.well do not underestimate the other .it will your BIGGEST mistake

Further people saying those buying/Q-ing are not super rich,does not appear to be able to afford,

Well there are super rich who dress like a pauper....do not judge by appearance only

i think you have a very good point. Kudos!

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
WELL WE CAN AGREE TO DISAGREE.EVRYTHING IN LIFE IS NO GUARANTEE.

YOU CAN HAVE YOUR PIECE HERE NO MATTER HOW STRONGLY YOU FEEL ABOUT IT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE WHAT YOU SAY WILL HAPPEN EVEN .ITS SAME WITH ME

WE COULD BE BANKRUPT FOR CHOOSING TO DO WHAT WE BELIEVE POSITIVELY OR YOU COULD EITHER SUCCED AND GUARANTEED FAILURE IF YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING.

MANY YEARS BACK MANY PEOPLE AVOIDED WOODLANDS HDB TILL HDB LOWERED PRICES.Now it's selling at a good price

Of course you will say tats Singapore but Malaysia is different.well do not underestimate the other .it will your BIGGEST mistake

Further people saying those buying/Q-ing are not super rich,does not appear to be able to afford,

Well there are super rich who dress like a pauper....do not judge by appearance only

There are a lot of Big Players in the Market with the Ability to manipulate the Market. If for whatever reason they think it is to their advantage to make the Condo's in Iskandar all come down to RM 200,000 average price, they will do it without giving a second thought to the Foreigner owners.

The Singaporeans that buy just 1 unit for "own stay" will be able to hold, without having to 'lelong'. But the Singaporeans who buy Multiple Units in Iskandar will have to forced-sale/lelong. I know many people who got greedy and bought 3,4,5 units. They are the ones who are sweating now. They know they are a 'sitting duck' now.Just waiting for the hunter's shotgun blast to wipe them out. :eek:

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi I am new to this forum. Been reading for a while, thanks for all thats sharing info.

I got a questions, whats the best time to go JB weekdays now after the new toll?

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a lot of Big Players in the Market with the Ability to manipulate the Market. If for whatever reason they think it is to their advantage to make the Condo's in Iskandar all come down to RM 200,000 average price, they will do it without giving a second thought to the Foreigner owners.

The Singaporeans that buy just 1 unit for "own stay" will be able to hold, without having to 'lelong'. But the Singaporeans who buy Multiple Units in Iskandar will have to forced-sale/lelong. I know many people who got greedy and bought 3,4,5 units. They are the ones who are sweating now. They know they are a 'sitting duck' now.Just waiting for the hunter's shotgun blast to wipe them out. :eek:

I think is the same to those buy few units of landed properties too. Now, those who buy for own stay are safe.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If for whatever reason they think it is to their advantage to make the Condo's in Iskandar all come down to RM 200,000 average price, they will do it without giving a second thought to the Foreigner owners.
The above is very unlikely to almost impossible, especially for new units. I do have to be realistic here even though I have always said that there will be a tremendous oversupply of condos in the next few years ahead.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any properties that worth to invest purely depends on location now. Pick those located in strategic location. There are many high rise projects in JB but which one are at the best location?

Status
Not open for further replies.