• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow....just received a forum "Notification" and this dude was swearing and cursing me in CAPS about how I am a disgrace to Singaporeans (this is the second time I am receiving such a note, probably from the same person), full text below:

"U THINK U V SMART AH?U CHEEBYE CHEAPSKATE LIVE IN MALAYSIA N STILL PROUD.U A FUCKING DISGRACE TO SIBGAPOREANS.LET ME TELL U .U JUST A POOR N NO CASH UNCLE TRYING ACT ATAS.TO ME U WORSE THAN A RUNAWAY DOG.WHO SEEK COMFORT USING CHEASKATE METHOD.FUCKOF"

Whoever you are, I wonder why you should be so offended at the life choices that I make. I don't think I am very smart, though admittedly I am poor and no cash, and certainly not trying to act atas. I don't live in an atas area, mind you. But I do feel blessed and thankful to be able to make adjustments to better my family's living conditions with my very limited resources. If you are a fellow Singaporean, and a proud one at that, may I ask you to show more understanding and extend grace to folks like me who are just trying to improve life as best as I can. Peace. And a happy new year to you.:smile:

Wow!

Sorry to hear that someone would write such stuffs, somemore in caps. Scratch head*

Either something wrong with his brain, probably loose screw or just a low life.

I would reply to him to show face, talk do much or he is just a chicken, cock cock kie.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha....last time back in Singapore sometimes envy and covet people living in ang moh chu...wondering how this people can get the kind of money to buy it. Even the thought of buying JB never crossed my mind, until baby came and we encountered a "space crisis" and somehow found ourselves living in JB, completely unplanned! Funny how things turn out eventually. Sometimes my wife will still suddenly tell me it seems surreal that we are now living in JB. LOL!

Apparently this chinese new year, my wife's siblings join us at our "ang mo chu" and play fire cracker, tian deng (hot air balloon written with wishes), movies at VIP lounge and they are still got tons of "things to do and places to go" today while I am back at work. Really wondering why are some Singaporeans so reluctant to change their lifestyle and yet keep criticising life is tough and boring in Singapore. At the same time, some even gone as far as directing hate mails perhaps due to their green eyes. Nonetheless, I am loving every minute of my life in Malaysia. Always looking forward to new experience.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently this chinese new year, my wife's siblings join us at our "ang mo chu" and play fire cracker, tian deng (hot air balloon written with wishes), movies at VIP lounge and they are still got tons of "things to do and places to go" today while I am back at work. Really wondering why are some Singaporeans so reluctant to change their lifestyle and yet keep criticising life is tough and boring in Singapore. At the same time, some even gone as far as directing hate mails perhaps due to their green eyes. Nonetheless, I am loving every minute of my life in Malaysia. Always looking forward to new experience.

My house was sandwiched between two neighbours who arranged to blow up two long lines of firecrackers from their gates to the perimeter fencing. What a blast! LOL!

Last edited:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My house was sandwiched between two neighbours who arranged to blow up two long lines of firecrackers from their gates to the perimeter fencing. What a blast! LOL!

We set off a few 88 feet long crackers during the eve. The sounds around JB at midnight is unbelievable :smile:

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
We set off a few 88 feet long crackers during the eve. The sounds around JB at midnight is unbelievable :smile:

such a pity that i have to spend my eve in Singapore due to reunion dinner. only my puppy gets to enjoy the atmosphere.... when we came back on chu yi, he seems excited seeing us setting off the firecracker, i think my puppy is a firearm lover. haha

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
such a pity that i have to spend my eve in Singapore due to reunion dinner. only my puppy gets to enjoy the atmosphere.... when we came back on chu yi, he seems excited seeing us setting off the firecracker, i think my puppy is a firearm lover. haha

Our puppies unlike yours, they bolted for the door to get into the house when they heard the noise. Firearms haters. LOL!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yesterday was the worst jams we ever saw. Even 2nd link had a long jam BEFORE the toll gates. Saw a few inteprid guys reversing all the way back.
Yes, the best thing about it was the firecrackers, fireworks and the skies glowing in the distance. Reminds me of a time, a long long ago when we heard
about that particular purple light in the valley. :smile:

Set off a few myself, can see from the comparatively lack of fireworks this year as a sign of the economic times. As a hokkien, i am duty bound to keep most
of the inventory on the 9th to set off. It was hard to just keep quiet when the neighbours are setting off things all around. We only set off 2 chains each at each
house and shops.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday was the worst jams we ever saw. Even 2nd link had a long jam BEFORE the toll gates. Saw a few inteprid guys reversing all the way back.
Yes, the best thing about it was the firecrackers, fireworks and the skies glowing in the distance. Reminds me of a time, a long long ago when we heard
about that particular purple light in the valley. :smile:

Set off a few myself, can see from the comparatively lack of fireworks this year as a sign of the economic times. As a hokkien, i am duty bound to keep most
of the inventory on the 9th to set off. It was hard to just keep quiet when the neighbours are setting off things all around. We only set off 2 chains each at each
house and shops.

When I returned from my grandma place (Jurong) to my Bukit Indah home, I was faced with a front porch fill with red shedded paper sea.... and you mentioned this is lack of firework? wondering if my neighbourhood going full force, maybe my puppy will be drowned in expended firecrackers. Really more feel ths year staying in JB.... already looking forward to next year. LOL

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
so sad tat I need to serve the nation again this 17th till end of feb... most likely going to miss the Yuan Xiao Jie firecracker event...

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all Chinese bros/sis here..wishing u all a great new year and may our wishes of having and enjoying our own little paradise here in JB come true for all.
The eve of the CNY saw the nite sky brightened by non stop fireworks display at the stroke of midnite around my immediate neighborhood and beyond. 3rd time enjoying it with me family fr comfort of our home. This is only possible because I stumbled upon this humble forum pioneered by bro Wuqi a few yrs ago while it was still Living in Jb 1. Took a leap of faith and eventhough not smooth sailing all the way but no regrets for i can foresee spending my days here much much more in future when aĺl d kids hv grown up.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all Chinese bros/sis here..wishing u all a great new year and may our wishes of having and enjoying our own little paradise here in JB come true for all.
The eve of the CNY saw the nite sky brightened by non stop fireworks display at the stroke of midnite around my immediate neighborhood and beyond. 3rd time enjoying it with me family fr comfort of our home. This is only possible because I stumbled upon this humble forum pioneered by bro Wuqi a few yrs ago while it was still Living in Jb 1. Took a leap of faith and eventhough not smooth sailing all the way but no regrets for i can foresee spending my days here much much more in future when aĺl d kids hv grown up.

Really looking forward to my 2nd year in JB, true enough, many thought life is a bed of roses in JB perhaps due to our strong SGD against MYR, however I personally beg to differ as well. Challenges are abundant living in Malaysia. The culture, language and lifestyle are just tip of the ice berg. I have my own doubts initially when things are becoming too challenging. Overcoming these obstacles also provide me with the opportunity to learn more of my own personality and how I do problem solving. Frankly speaking, in term of maturity, I am definitely better than I was a year back and that itself is a good thing. Nonetheless, I slowly see shore and will also love to lead my retirement in this fosterland.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really looking forward to my 2nd year in JB, true enough, many thought life is a bed of roses in JB perhaps due to our strong SGD against MYR, however I personally beg to differ as well. Challenges are abundant living in Malaysia. The culture, language and lifestyle are just tip of the ice berg. I have my own doubts initially when things are becoming too challenging. Overcoming these obstacles also provide me with the opportunity to learn more of my own personality and how I do problem solving. Frankly speaking, in term of maturity, I am definitely better than I was a year back and that itself is a good thing. Nonetheless, I slowly see shore and will also love to lead my retirement in this fosterland.

Living it up in JB, yay!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..many thought life is a bed of roses in JB perhaps due to our strong SGD against MYR, however I personally beg to differ as well. Challenges are abundant living in Malaysia. The culture, language and lifestyle are just tip of the ice berg. I have my own doubts initially when things are becoming too challenging. Overcoming these obstacles also provide me with the opportunity to learn more of my own personality and how I do problem solving. Frankly speaking, in term of maturity....slowly see shore and will also love to lead my retirement in this fosterland.
Fair, objective commentary and self reflection :wink:

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fair, objective commentary and self reflection :wink:

A very simple test:
If one has RM1.0 million, what business will you do in Malaysia for early retirement?
Very often, one is lost even though he has the money.
Once one can overcome this test, he is ready to come out of his shell. :smile:

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello everyone,

Has anyone heard of any plan for lorries to be moved from Woodlands checkpoint to Tuas??? Someone mentioned it to me over CNY and I asked Mr Google but found nothing. Appreciate if anyone has insights to this.

TIA!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...simple test: If one has RM1.0 million, what business will you do in Malaysia for early retirement? Very often, one is lost even though he has the money. ...overcome this test, he is ready to come out of his shell. :smile:
Good for you. Err.. my loose change far from this threshold :o Only pocket money for occasional MY forays for leisure:p

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Attempted Robbery @ Bukit Indah Jusco in Broad Day light - 16 Feb 16.

Sorry I grew up eating Potatoes. Any kind hearted Cina teacher please translate.

大年初九。惊心动魄的一天…

今天中午一点左右去aeon bukit indah要买东西准备和朋友聚会~进去不到十五分钟就出来car park了~靠进aeon market的门口~D出口~

一只脚才踩上车就突然被一个男人从后面用不懂什么器具夹持着我的颈项喊“打抢”~
当时吓死我了心想把我身上的钱拿给他只要不要拿我电话和相机,口中也一直大喊不要拿我的东西~~也没想到如果他再大力按下我颈项会有什么后果

臭人还想夹着我的颈项拉我下车~我一边喊同时我包包里的东西掉满地~不懂是我喊大声吓到他还是什么他就要逃跑~然后又捡起我的iphone我又喊~他就丢下我的电话跑进去aeon里面了~我马上捡了地上的东西就上车锁门了~

过后就有polis bantuan出来问情况和写简单的report~他们也进去aeon要找出那个人可是有没有找到我就不清楚了…

幸好我只是颈项被刮到有些肿起来没什么事~也没损失任何东西~真的是不幸中的大幸~

提醒各位尤其是一个女生出去的真的要很小心~
本来想aeon那么多人而且旁边就是一群taxi driver~可是现在要打抢的人真的是要抢不管什么时候和情况的~好可怕~

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.thesundaily.my/news/1625121

There are more reports from Star and other media companies if i remember correctly.

Fab! Thank you! I don't want to jinx anything but my morning commute has been surprisingly smooth. At first I thought it was just the extra days people were extending after CNY public holidays but I'm still pleasantly surprised when I drove through at 6.30am this morning to almost no traffic. I'm going to enjoy it for as long as it lasts!

Hope everyone had a terrific celebration. My neighbourhood is having a big CNY community party this weekend, complete with lion dance and fireworks. Can't wait! :biggrin:

Dinarissa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.. traffic is amazing going back at 7-8pm too! hopefully this continues FOREVER!!! huat ah!!!!

okay.. question.. guys who install home security.. how many cameras do you usualy have for a 2 storey house? just trying to get a gauge =) thanky!

Status
Not open for further replies.