• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea who was the developer of pacific mall? 90% done and abandoned like that..tsk tsk..hope it don't happen again.

anyone knows how much to pay convert sg driving license to my license.

any further test required???

I asked to convert and they told me they will cut my Sg licence.
Only allowed either Sg or My licence. So is better to apply international driving permit if you need to show malaysian licence for whatever purpose, in my case to registered my Mm2h vehicle.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only allowed either Sg or My licence. So is better to apply international driving permit if you need to show malaysian licence for whatever purpose, in my case to registered my Mm2h vehicle.

Is there any problem in using sg licence to drive a msia car in msia? Or a problem using sg licence to drive a msia car in sg?

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is there any problem in using sg licence to drive a msia car in msia? Or a problem using sg licence to drive a msia car in sg?

No problem as Sg licence is recognized as international whilst msia licence is not. You should not have any problem. A lot of my Sg friends park their Sg car at home n drive around JB in msia car. They feel safer n blend in the crowd

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it common to have termite problem in the house? Any lessons learnt on how to prevent it? The pest control costs can be in the thousands of myr and damages to the house.

OzRick

Alfrescian
Loyal

You don’t have to convert your SG driving license to MY for the purpose of registering your MM2H car. I had registered my MM2H car with my Australian driving licence with no problem.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dude even if they cut ur sg licence u can report lost in spore and get a new one

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.futuregov.asia/articles/...-with-toyama-japan-to-reduce-carbon-emissions

Malaysian urban authority joins with Toyama, Japan to reduce carbon emissions[\B]

Iskandar Malaysia wants to reduce carbon emissions by 2025.

13/02/2015

By*Medha Basu

The Iskandar region in Malaysia is teaming up with Toyama City (pictured) in Japan to explore how they can boost their liveability and environmental sustainability.

The Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) and Mayor of Toyama City this week signed a memorandum of understanding. The agreement includes plans to generate hydroelectricity and use technology to improve public transportation in Iskandar.

"The situation in Iskandar Malaysia may not be critical yet, but if left unabated, our traffic congestion may be even worse than Kuala Lumpur if steps are not taken now to improve our transportation system," said Engku Ahmad Kamel Engku Taib, Director of Economics and Investment at IRDA.

The five cities in the region - Johor Bahru, Pontian, Senai, Pasir Gudang and Nusajaya - aim to become “low carbon societies” by 2025 by improving urban design and construction, managing their economic impact on carbon emissions and improving waste management.

Toyama City’s tie up with Iskandar Malaysia is an extension of an initiative by the Japanese Cabinet Office. The government’s FutureCity Initiative was launched in 2011 to make the country’s cities more friendly to its growing ageing population.

11 Japanese cities are part of the project and Iskandar Malaysia is the first region outside Japan to be included.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya talk only la. recently got peat fire polluting punggol and sengkang. m'sia big country, not easy to control. no peat fire in february ok already, simi reduce carbon emission la.

Btw, early GONG XI FA CAI greeting to all chinese forummers & enjoy long weekend for the rest !!!!

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coming your way soon! GST in April and VEP in mid 2015. Huat ah! :biggrin:

Shoppers scale back, even before GST

FMT Reporters | February 20, 2015
Traders moan over slack Chinese New Year shopping in the Klang Valley.

KUALA LUMPUR: The impending GST (goods and services tax) on April 1 has cast a pall of gloom over shoppers this Chinese New Year in the Klang Valley.

The usual bustling malls which had pulled in tourists and locals before looking for bargains are noticeably subdued this year, according to The Malay Mail Online.

It was decidedly different at the iconic Sungei Wang Plaza as businesses struggled to lure shoppers on the morning of the first day of Chinese New Year.
Kak Nur, who sells hair accessories, said business has been bad since the start of the year leaving her unsure of how things would be after the imposition of GST.

“In the past, I could predict if many customers would come or not. Now (I) cannot confirm,” said Kak Nur, 51, who has been running her shop for six years.

Even lower prices at the petrol pump have failed to lift the mood of consumers, with economists expecting Malaysians to be more conservative in the face of the higher cost of goods and services once GST kicks in.

Kak Nur said GST would only benefit big businesses, while small traders like herself ― who were typically at the tail end of the tax chain ― would have a hard time coping with the expected hike in living costs on top of the monthly rent for her shop.

Trader Abdullah Al-Amin from Bangladesh, said the slowdown began in January last year and, after a slight recovery in November, became sluggish again.

“Early last year, business (was) okay but now business is really bad. You look here, there are no people,” he said, pointing at the walkway in front of his souvenir shop.

There were only a few shoppers but none who stopped at Abdullah’s shop.

The situation was not helped by the fact that suppliers periodically increased the price of their goods, forcing Abdullah to do the same.

“Add six per cent (of GST), the prices (are) very high and customers cannot buy. This is a problem,” said Abdullah, 32.

Even with seasonal promotions on display to attract customers ― from discounts to “buy one free one” offers ― business moved at a snail’s pace.

A shopper, who only wanted to be known as Low, said it was not the time to spend lavishly.

“Economy no good, slow a bit. Spending power not much,” said the 61-year-old shopper from Sabah.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2015/02/20/shoppers-scale-back-even-before-gst/

Johor VEP roll-out in mid-2015
By BEN TAN AND MOHAMED FARID NOH | New Straits Times – Sun, Dec 21, 2014

BATU PAHAT: FOREIGN vehicles entering Johor from Singapore will be charged a Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fee of RM20 from the middle of next year.

Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Aziz Kaprawi said the move was made in line with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s announcement in July on the implementation of the VEP for foreign-registered vehicles entering the country via Johor.

“The Transport Ministry is working out the details of the VEP implementation at the two entry points in Johor, the Causeway and the Second Link, before it is enforced.”

Aziz said initially, the government had slated the implementation of VEP to take place next month.

“However, it has been postponed to the middle of next year, as preparations need to be done, including the installation of special devices at the two entry points,” he said after the groundbreaking ceremony of SRJK (C) Hwa Naan’s multipurpose hall in Parit Imam here yesterday.

Aziz, who is also Sri Gading member of parliament, said the Transport Ministry wanted to ensure that every detail and procedure was looked into so that there would be no problems.

He said the implementation of VEP at the borders with Thailand and Brunei would be announced once the roll-out in Johor was completed and running smoothly.

He said the government would decide on the VEP rates for vehicles from the two countries.

Johor Indian Business Association president P. Sivakumar said the VEP fee of RM20 was fair.

“For Singaporean tourists and shoppers, the RM20 will not have a huge impact as Johor has much to offer in terms of goods and services.”

However, Sivakumar said he was worried that the Singaporean authorities would reciprocate the imposition of the fee by increasing its VEP for Malaysian motorists.

Sivakumar hoped that both governments could come to an understanding to avoid a “tit-for-tat“ situation, which would affect businesses on both sides of the Causeway.

“I hope our government will give consideration to Singaporeans who support Malaysian businesses and also live in Johor.

“The government should look into ways to help them, as they are not tourists or shoppers who enter Johor once or twice a week.”

Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Association of Malaysia president Teh Kee Sin agreed that the proposed VEP fee was fair.

“I don’t think Singaporean motorists will be bothered, as it is not a large amount for them.”

However, Teh said the association was against fees that would hinder trade between both countries.

“In today’s globalised world, both countries should realise the need for less restricted movement to encourage economic growth.

“Fees that are seen as barriers to business will hamper free trade and the Asean Economic Community from achieving its objectives next year.”

Singaporean businessman Rizal Jasni also agreed that the RM20 fee would not be a burden if a motorist from the island republic entered Johor only two to three times a week.

“But Singaporeans living in Johor Baru and who travel daily to Singapore will be affected.”

He said the fee for a Singapore-registered car entering Johor via the Causeway was RM16.

“With the imposition of the VEP, it would go up to RM36 per entry.

“This will bring additional costs for Singaporeans living in Johor Baru,” said Rizal, who is based in Singapore but has business interests in Malaysia.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/johor-vep-roll-mid-2015-000916866.html

Status
Not open for further replies.