• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Increasing VEP + Tolls is very subjective topic. Some people love it. Some people ( most ) hate it. If you are a business owner who need to go into JB but was frequently struck in the jam due to "Petrol warriors" who got money buy 2nd hand cars to show off but no money to pump Spore petrol, you will want Tolls to increase also because these people are jamming up the main road into our workplace. These people are not helping JB economy and they are definitely not helping Singapore economy. So I think there is a need to get them eradicated.

Increasing tolls and ERPs etc are never a bad thing. Recently I drove by PIE and paid S$6 in a gantry. Happily done so because there are not much cars on the road. Just 5-7 years ago I drove at the same time same place and the traffic was horrible and crawling.. 5 minute journey took 60 minute. I always tell myself. If I don't like to pay S$6 ERP, I can always take the MRT. Don't complaint

Every Road Pays !!! I do not see any lesser car nor smoother ride even when ERP is in operation. Interestingly, you see more ERP gantries erected and whether the price adjust (high or low), you sure to hit one of them. And if one ERP can't get you pay, another will be installed on your alternate route ... crazy !

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now Singapore & Malaysia road authorities are confusing VEP & bridges toll rates, only people will suffer for their stupid mistakes!! Why not just ban all vehicles from coming in & built large car-park on both sides with public transport!!!!!!!!

They should consider building a proper pedestrian walkway instead, look at those poor chaps walking along the causeway to and fro JB/Spore, they just want to avoid the jam, and cannot tahan squeezing their butt back to back on the crowded bus .

Will the government also impose fees for those traveling between JB/Spore by foot or by public transport ah ?? HEP - Human Entry Permit. and next time you bring your pet, they will impose the PEP (Pet Entry Permit) ....heee hee !

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every Road Pays !!! I do not see any lesser car nor smoother ride even when ERP is in operation. Interestingly, you see more ERP gantries erected and whether the price adjust (high or low), you sure to hit one of them. And if one ERP can't get you pay, another will be installed on your alternate route ... crazy !

Initially "they" simply give you some discount on your road tax just to offset a few additional ERP gantries which they have added..
Thereafter, more & more & more gantries added.. just to cover their problem (jam) which their scholars can't solved it

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'poreans still keen to own homes in Johor

20140730_johor_bhst.jpg

PrintPrint

The Star/Asia News Network

Wednesday, Jul 30, 2014

JOHOR BARU - Despite the Government's plan to impose a Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fee for foreign vehicles entering Johor, Singaporeans are still keen on acquiring homes and commercial lots here, R&F Properties sales executive Chan Fook Kee said.

He said the fee announcement did not affect Singaporeans' demand for properties here.

"The entry fee is still very much affordable for Singaporeans. They are still able to save since house prices here are lower than those across the border," he said at the Star Property Fair in the Johor Baru City Square shopping complex on Monday. It was the last day of the three-day fair.

Sunsuria Medini Sdn Bhd project consultant Datuk Jacky Ker Cherk Yee said the sales of commercial lots in Medini, just a few minutes drive from Pinewood Studios, were also up. He said about 10 per cent of its buyers were Singaporeans.

"Although most of our customers are locals, many Singaporeans are also very interested in starting up businesses here," he added.

Rei Properties project consultant Tan Kim Hoong said its newly developed Seri Austin Residence Apartment was a hit among Malaysians and Singaporeans.

"Our apartments are catered for both the local and foreign market. At least 20 per cent to 30 per cent of our customers are Singaporeans," he said.

Galeri Tropika Sdn Bhd senior sales consultant Darryl Goh Boon Leong said Singaporean homebuyers placed priority on the location of the property.

"We offer service apartments in Genting Highlands, which not many Singaporeans are keen on. But we managed to generate interest from Malaysians planning to own a holiday home," he said.

Plenitude Tebrau Sdn Bhd senior sales executive William Sia said most Singaporeans who purchased homes in Desa Tebrau showed their interest in getting a place for their retirement.

The fair saw participation from developers Naza TTDI Sdn Bhd, Hatten Group Sdn Bhd, KSL Holdings Bhd, Scientex Skudai Sdn Bhd, Tropicana Corporation Matrix Concepts Holdings Bhd, Encorp Bhd, Tropicana Danga Bay Sdn Bhd and Medini Iskandar Malaysia.
- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/property/news/sporeans-still-keen-own-homes-johor#sthash.PuJUf7hX.dpuf

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way just for the record... I am not R&F salesman Chan, just in case you guys suspect because this chap's reply to the press sound uncannily similar to my viewpoint here.

Yes, RM 50 levy will not stop travellers as travellers save about RM 500,000 to RM 3 million on house price differences already.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal

..ERP is for only 1 thing in mind.....$$$$$$$$$$$...who disagree?

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia's government to review JB-Singapore toll hike: DPM -

MUAR - The Works Ministry has been directed to go to the ground and conduct a study following an uproar over the new toll rates to be imposed at the Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) Complex starting from Friday.

Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said the Government wanted to ensure that road users were not burdened with the toll rate hike. "I will direct the minister to look into this matter. The ministry will study the grouses raised and if there is an issue, we will address it," he said.
He was speaking to reporters at a special Hari Raya breakfast session with local media members at his house here yesterday.

Muhyiddin said the Government was aware of the issue as it was also raised by Johor Baru MP Tan Sri Shahrir Abdul Samad. As for the intention of Singapore to raise the Vehicle Entry Permit fee, Muhyiddin said this was Singapore's prerogative.

The increase "could have a negative impact initially" but it is up to the users to determine if it is worth it, he said. It was previously reported that the toll rates for the CIQ Complex would be revised up by more than 400 per cent.

In a statement issued on Sunday, the Malaysian Highway Authority said the revised rates would be used for the cost and maintenance of the Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) and other CIQ Complex-related facilities.
Politicians from both divides, including road users, have voiced their disagreement over the revised rates and questioned why toll for the EDL was being collected within the complex itself.They argued that there were other roads leading to the complex and collecting toll for the EDL at the complex would be unfair to motorists who did not use the EDL.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have given up on the Malaysian govt to do right by itself and it's people.
I hope that they'll have the guts to cut in all the measures. No u turn.
Then let the people decide at the next elections.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice one
1) no hike
2) toll on edl not in ciq
3) toll in ciq but lower than earlier announcement
4) toll on edl plus a hike on ciq toll though lower than previous
5) higher vep

I dunno which option or is there another option.
Lol.

Malaysia, Land of endless possibilities. Your guess is as good as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.