• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at the Toll Fees saga, we can conclude the two govt are not really on talking terms. Is still tit for tat approach. Hence, things can change according to mood.

Whatever, it is the people who bear the full brunt of consequences. - Malaysians and Singaporeans.

Winner: Government. Losers: The People.

Well, from what i see is that both LOONG and Najip has already agreed on a secret pact.
We build MRT or high speed train. We make the people pay for it. We build and if we still make travelling by car as affordable, it does not add up. One way is to is to up the charges for using the toll. Iskandar will not fail.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, from what i see is that both LOONG and Najip has already agreed on a secret pact.
We build MRT or high speed train. We make the people pay for it. We build and if we still make travelling by car as affordable, it does not add up. One way is to is to up the charges for using the toll. Iskandar will not fail.

if anybody need a rationale for the toll increases, this could be it.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at the Toll Fees saga, we can conclude the two govt are not really on talking terms. Is still tit for tat approach. Hence, things can change according to mood.

Whatever, it is the people who bear the full brunt of consequences. - Malaysians and Singaporeans.

Winner: Government. Losers: The People.

if it is, then why is it so hard for govt to be changed? now even hk is finding it hard to be democratic.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Impact of toll hikes

The Malaysian Insider – Sat, Sep 13, 2014
DAP Skudai assemblyman Boo Cheng Hau said Singapore’s new toll rates would have a negative impact on businesses in Johor Baru.
He urged both Putrajaya and Singapore to work together to abolish tolls and speed up the rapid transit system link between Singapore and Malaysia.
Putrajaya will also introduce a Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fee for all foreign vehicles entering Johor. – September 13, 2014.

Definitely, the impact will be great when KL imposes a VEP fee for all foreign vehicles entering Johor. There was news that there would be a review by a Ministry on the effects of the JB toll-hikes, but until today, nothing is heard. The two governments were supposed to talk, again no good news has come out to-date.

The way to go seems for all to accept the toll-hikes and a JB's VEP fee. We may say that motorists will get use to the toll-hikes eventually but what about the adverse economic effects on both countries? :*:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

That run through my mind too.
I have brought out this point with for discussion too with my friends. It is highly possible. Someone got to pay for the toll charges. We increase a little bit but that will pay for our high speed rail. Malaysia can cook out a perfect excuse, like someone has to pay for the EDL link.

They won't increase the toll a lot but it will deter people for driving in. Wait till Singapore get rid of the 3/4 tank rule. People will start flocking to JB again.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
With the HSR, Tuas/Jurong will benefit indirectly which was why the Jurong lake area and the JE areas has seen so much construction.
On my end, i am increasingly drawn into certain industries as more and more business of a certain type are encouraged to move there.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the HSR, Tuas/Jurong will benefit indirectly which was why the Jurong lake area and the JE areas has seen so much construction.
On my end, i am increasingly drawn into certain industries as more and more business of a certain type are encouraged to move there.

Early bird gets the worm.

Very obvious MY is getting bolehyer and bolehyer everyday (other than some hiccups along it's long journey) while opposite is true for SG esp in terms of livable space and price-wise. But most Sgreans still don't see this yet until maybe at least 5-6 yrs down when many projects are already up and running or midway under construction like HSR and RTS. By that time, you're already a big time tycoon! Haha!

Btw, what do you think of Sunway Iskander? Quite interested in getting an apt unit there for rental yield.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Rules to restrict foreigners.

I believe the Selangor restriction is a political move and does not reflect reality. Of course, the effect maybe enclaves of foreigners which may not enjoy the full benefits of the locals. But this will happen many years down the road...

At this juncture, in Johore Iskandar, after a spade of new rules including the increase in toll rates and the expected implementation of JB's VEP fees and the influx of Chinese developers, the property sector does not look bright. Many investors who placed their money in Singapore properties say 10 years ago, can now hope to get a good return in rental or resale. They believe they could do the same in JB. Of course, we cannot see what the future will bring, but I think, many Singapore investors are hoping for the same rewards in JB. Unlike Singapore, JB is very different. It does not have many good rental income or resale prices unless they bought the properties many years go. Sales talk of a good rental income for a new condo apartment is merely just blowing hot air. So my take is that buyers should look forward to their own stay and enjoy JB lifestyle if they want to. If there is good rental or resale price, that would be a big bonus. In at least another 10 years?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Factory space in Tuas is not cheap now. And I don't been want to talk about Jurong. $$$!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure looks like the days of owning freehold landed property in Malaysia are going to be over!

I think Malaysia would want to go the way of ASEAN countries in terms of foreign ownership.

Looks like MY may disallow individual landed properties in the next few years. Going by KL experience, they may still allow for freehold strata landed....

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
pulaih.JPG

End pt, 100plus!!. that's e incentive...:p heng got bring $ up there..:biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sure looks like the days of owning freehold landed property in Malaysia are going to be over!

I think Malaysia would want to go the way of ASEAN countries in terms of foreign ownership.

Very likely so and will affect mainly landed properties, most if not all types of land as well specific zones for foreigners to buy only.

Status
Not open for further replies.