• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: car route from woodland ciq to bukit indah aeon

nope, that's not true. there're lots of places in malaysia now where you see yuppies drinking 10rm coffee. I earn singdollar but i almost never pay 10rm for coffee cos personally i think it's ridiculous, but many others don't think so. it's a lifestyle thing already. spending that 10rm a day doesn't make significantly make one richer or poorer.

I have just read the full ST article. Most of the listed cafes seem to target SGD earning customers based on their locations and interviews :wink: I'm only willing to buy a $2 RM cup of coffee :p

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

nope, that's not true. there're lots of places in malaysia now where you see yuppies drinking 10rm coffee. I earn singdollar but i almost never pay 10rm for coffee cos personally i think it's ridiculous, but many others don't think so. it's a lifestyle thing already. spending that 10rm a day doesn't make significantly make one richer or poorer.

Confirmed u r not SYT!!:p

Naturebest

What happen on Jan 15 for the high expense for travel in out Iskandar? Additional Rm 50 plus new toll fee both M'sia n Sg side. Does it worth to stay Iskandar n work in Sg? Does it worth for those move factory to Iskandar but stay in Sg? Does it worth to make Iskandar as 2nd home? Is Sg being not welcome to visit n stay in M'sia? What happen to those Sg own Iskandar property? :confused:

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whilst you are in JB, consider to install a new 2DIN DVD player in your car for RM700 (include installation). It comes with PAPAGO x8.5 GPS software and antenna installed with the latest Malaysia/Singapore (integrated) map which you can download free from the MALFREE website every month. It has 6.9-inch LED touch screen, 4 x 50W speaker output, FM radio, Bluetooth, MicroSD slot (stores over 3,000 MP3 songs in a 32GB card), reverse camera support, steering wheel control adjustment function support and USB link. Also comes with 6-month warranty. Just installed in my car and I find it worth every cent paid.

May I know where is the place and the brand please? Thanks.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

malpaso shd be a very tall guy if I rem correctly.

dude... how did u know? btw.. u dun happen 2 drive a BMW do u? i thought may have bumped into someone at plenitude office one of those days.. thought to myslef.. that is fhbh12!

Last edited:

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal

Friday, 15 August 2014 16:40
Full article: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/i...rt-businesses-chambers&Itemid=3#ixzz3AV9GJuRY \

Here is the joint press statement released today by Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SCCCI) and the Associated Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia (ACCCIM):

Singapore and Malaysia Chinese Chambers urge governments of both countries to work closely to resolve hike in Causeway transport charges

Although the increase in the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fee and toll charges will increase Government revenue, reduce vehicular flow and traffic congestion, these drastic increases could deal a big blow to businesses of both countries, especially the transportation industry, tourism, restaurants, hotels, retail business, manufacturing etc. It would also affect the industrial and business development. At the same time, these drastic increases will have a domino effect on the prices of consumer goods, add to the burden of people, and have a definite impact on their consumption ability.

From our understanding, there are currently many Malaysians working in Singapore with Permanent Resident status who live in Johor Bahru area and commute to and from Singapore and Johor Bahru to work. Malaysians working in Singapore would be badly hit since they now need to pay increased two-way toll charges to the Malaysian government. This increases their burden as well as the manpower cost for Singapore companies if transportation costs are factored in...

Many people like Bro Naturebest may ask the same questions and there are no good answers. For the moment, it seems KL's focus seems to be EDL and of course, a tit-for-tat to Singapore's moderated increase in VEP fees. And we can and do enjoy a smoother drive across the Causeway.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

dude... how did u know? btw.. u dun happen 2 drive a BMW do u? i thought may have bumped into someone at plenitude office one of those days.. thought to myslef.. that is fhbh12!

Haha no... I don't have time to go JB these days :(

You must be visiting the SYT at Plenitude's office :biggrin:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

What happen on Jan 15 for the high expense for travel in out Iskandar? Additional Rm 50 plus new toll fee both M'sia n Sg side. Does it worth to stay Iskandar n work in Sg? Does it worth for those move factory to Iskandar but stay in Sg? Does it worth to make Iskandar as 2nd home? Is Sg being not welcome to visit n stay in M'sia? What happen to those Sg own Iskandar property? :confused:

Of course worth it lah, if they have HDB to rent out. A 5 room HDB can rent out for roughly S$2,300 in the worst location.

Daily travelling VEH & toll = RM50 + (RM 16.5 x 2) = RM 83.

Monthly in SGD = (RM 83 x 22 weekdays)/2.55 = S$716.

Difference = S$2,300 - S$716 = S$1,584.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have just read the full ST article. Most of the listed cafes seem to target SGD earning customers based on their locations and interviews :wink: I'm only willing to buy a $2 RM cup of coffee :p

I have been to most of the listed cafes, and seen quite a no. of local teenagers & young adults hanging out there. Maybe their parents earn SGD. Not sure abt that.....haha

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you think only sgd earner able to buy RM10 for a cup of coffee, all the starbuck, coffee bean would already have bankcrupt long time ago.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you think only sgd earner able to buy RM10 for a cup of coffee, all the starbuck, coffee bean would already have bankcrupt long time ago.

To be fair to the café owners, considering the rent (RM 5-10k) and the money pumped into the reno (RM500K), and the lack of human traffic on weekdays, RM 10 is about right. Can get it for RM7 in Mont Kiara, but KL has more traffic flow.

That is why talk that the toll hike will lead to a drop in JB food prices is simply not going to happen, given the high reno, rent & wage cost.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dun c a lot of these outlets. Only time will tell if they can survive the further toll and VEP increases by end of this year.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha no... I don't have time to go JB these days :(

You must be visiting the SYT at Plenitude's office :biggrin:

actually say quite a number of pretty girls around desa tebrau. neighbourhood should be pretty decent. middle class locals.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dun c a lot of these outlets. Only time will tell if they can survive the further toll and VEP increases by end of this year.

trust me on this, those will survive. ppl like to feel atas by blowing their money on 10rm coffee. if you don't believe me still, go in one day and sit around and see how many jb locals holding iphone. those apple products aren't cheap.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

trust me on this, those will survive. ppl like to feel atas by blowing their money on 10rm coffee. if you don't believe me still, go in one day and sit around and see how many jb locals holding iphone. those apple products aren't cheap.

Yup. I will venture to one of these cafes to c. I cant imagine blowing S$10 on a cup of coffee in Singapore.

I can have a good meal at a neighbourhood restaurant with a drink using tt amt.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup. I will venture to one of these cafes to c. I cant imagine blowing S$10 on a cup of coffee in Singapore.

I can have a good meal at a neighbourhood restaurant with a drink using tt amt.

10rm can have a heaping plate of charsiew siewyoke fahn. and a small kopi.

Status
Not open for further replies.