• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Sentral Tread

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusa Sentral is seriously a good buy for own stay. The price is very very good and its landed. It is quite near to Singapore too. For those who purchased, congrats on your new houses. Many years ago I would have bought into it for my own stay.

Nusaking

Alfrescian
Loyal
In any investments there are a certain degree of risks. But let's put things into perspectives.
-Malaysia is the only place where foreigners can purchase freehold landed properties. Not even in Singapore. Thus, its unique.
-Landed properties in Johor are in scarcity. Most developers are building more condos. Thus, in time to come, landed properties will be in demand.
- Indeed, Johorians are trying to sell their properties RM$500k. However, these are very old properties and many are found in the old JB city. Thus, you cannot compare apple to apple. If you look at the masterplan, note that the new sectors of economic developments is not in JB city but in Nusajaya. My personal take is that Iskandar will not takes off unless Nusajaya flourishes based on the already existing and upcoming developments. Even Malaysians in KL strongly believes that. Many had invested or choose to invest in Nusajaya.
- As from 1 May, the minimum purchase price is RM1 million. Many NS buyers had purchased their properties for RM$500K-RM$600K which comes up to be S$200K. This is about S$100 psf. 30 mins drive from Jurong. In Jurong, similar 99 year old leasehold terrace house costs between S$1,400-S$1700 psf. So, Nusajaya properties are just a fraction of that compared to Singapore. Even when there is a recession and if prices falls, the magnitude of decline in dollar term will not be as drastic as compared to one buys a landed in Singapore.
- In years to come, Malaysian properties will be getter more expensive as the Federal government will implement GST from 1 April 2015. Thus, regardless of how you look at the Johor property market, its will be getter more expensive because of the higher land costs and the proposed 6% GST.
- The proposed Johor-JB-Woodlands MRT/LRT in 2018 also offers ease of travel.
- Even if one day the Johor government decide not to develop the region. you still have a nice place to retreat to when Singapore population hits 7 million. The net effect is still a good one.

Nusaking

Alfrescian
Loyal
To further add on to my earlier post, I think that investing in a landed house is a better bet than investing in a condo in johor now. If you attended ST property seminars in March this year which is also on YouTube, during d panel discussion, they warned of the risks about investing in condo in johor. Simply because of the ocean of supply that is coming on board in the next 3 years. What ks2750 refers to is d condo market but I don't think it applies to the landed market. The landed market is still in scarcity.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
To further add on to my earlier post, I think that investing in a landed house is a better bet than investing in a condo in johor now. If you attended ST property seminars in March this year which is also on YouTube, during d panel discussion, they warned of the risks about investing in condo in johor. Simply because of the ocean of supply that is coming on board in the next 3 years. What ks2750 refers to is d condo market but I don't think it applies to the landed market. The landed market is still in scarcity.
Heng ah!! I bought NS freehold landed.. So wondering which condo in NS KS2750 is referring to all this while ??
But if he says condo is jialet.. So how about leasehold one he bought ??
Now I can totally understand his frustration!!! :biggrin:

princesgp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't bother what sour grapes says lah, just leave it to karma and it's bad fengshui for oneself. I agree with one of you. Suddenly this thread becomes lively! :smile: Thumbs up! Awaiting taking keys and reno for weekend house or for my parents to stay there weekday and weekend come over to Singapore or whatever that makes everyone happy. Slower lifestyle and bigger place to move around. So far, drove around the place, greeted some folks and they seems nice and friendly to me. Anyone know to buy a car in Malaysia needs to be MM2H is it?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusa Sentral is seriously a good buy for own stay. The price is very very good and its landed. It is quite near to Singapore too. For those who purchased, congrats on your new houses. Many years ago I would have bought into it for my own stay.

Someone, a local colleague, I knew bought 3 units there. So far, he sold off 2 units after holding for one year and both units are sold to locals. I have been there and many units are starting reno and people are moving in. Another colleague is moving in this nonth. Location-wise, it is not bad, just a short distance to Legoland and to the SILC and Gelang Patah. Some local colleagues bought there because of its close proximity to a big MNC near Gelang Patah. Don't understand why a particular person goes around telling that this estate is no good.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
That person was played out by some agent and could not get his unit???

Someone, a local colleague, I knew bought 3 units there. So far, he sold off 2 units after holding for one year and both units are sold to locals. I have been there and many units are starting reno and people are moving in. Another colleague is moving in this nonth. Location-wise, it is not bad, just a short distance to Legoland and to the SILC and Gelang Patah. Some local colleagues bought there because of its close proximity to a big MNC near Gelang Patah. Don't understand why a particular person goes around telling that this estate is no good.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
That person was played out by some agent and could not get his unit???

Maybe that person kena played out by developer.. by agent.. by sales girl.. by cleaner.. & even the security guard outside the showflat.. So now come here kpkb#%* just to let out his frustration

Nusaking

Alfrescian
Loyal
No matter how u look at it, JB landed prices isn't going cheaper. Recent launch at Taman Sutera intermediate terrace 24 by 80 is selling at RM1 million. Corner terrace at RM1.399 million. It is getting more expensive coupled with the implementation of d 6% GST.

princesgp

Alfrescian
Loyal
No matter how u look at it, JB landed prices isn't going cheaper. Recent launch at Taman Sutera intermediate terrace 24 by 80 is selling at RM1 million. Corner terrace at RM1.399 million. It is getting more expensive coupled with the implementation of d 6% GST.

Ya, most of us understand this. Unfortunately, the LH99 guy don't and become sour grapes and come here KPKB.

avtar

Alfrescian
Loyal
For how long can this price stay , unless all the johorian are millionaires!!!! Same size house cost Rm 250K to 300K 2 or 3 years ago.

princesgp

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?1...ead&p=1594338#
Quote Originally Posted by Ks2750 View Post
I went nusa sentral .. Quite quiet now nothing there yet .. Is it worth to buy or shall I buy at Medini - the cbd district in front of legoland .. Medini is leasehold 99+30 but seems the ppl who bought there don't really bother

Wah... The hard truth is finally out. Sour grapes sia..... Can't get and/or budget too low now go out and badmouth NS property.

Last edited:

Nusaking

Alfrescian
Loyal
For how long can this price stay , unless all the johorian are millionaires!!!! Same size house cost Rm 250K to 300K 2 or 3 years ago.

Agree. Price run up too fast is not good. Even the johorians says its at bubble territory. Apparently most johorians says tenah sutera location is good and many rich johorians regard it as a good location.

Nusaking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking of condo and apartments, if you were to listen to the panel discussion at march ST Property Seminar, one of the experts quoted that iskandar Malaysia has and also in the pipeline to build a total of about 300,000 units over a course of 3 to 5 years while Singapore takes 50 years to build 300,000 units. This is scary. A potential oversupply for condos n apartments. The prices are no longer cheap too. Closed to Singapore prices in 2006.