• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Expat: Singapore will be poor and lonely without them

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
23iggo3.jpg

Context: Doreen Everitt, being an expat in Sg for the first time, complained on NDP's facebook page that she couldnt tickets and questioned why must ballot for them.

The conversation between the Ang Moh and local netizens became increasingly heated.

Then one when girl told her she can book a hotel and watch the parade and mistakenly wished her well on her holiday here Doreen said this:

"I'm not on holiday, I live and work here. And like most overseas people we are here at your request to make sure your country makes money from our expertise."

And then later on:

"Your government brings us in to work here because you don't have the skills. Don't knock us because believe it or not there is more foreign money in Singapore than anything else. If we all pulled out you would be a very poor and lonely country. Be grateful that there are people like us willing to give up our country, our ways to actually come and work for you and your government. Singaporeans are not the most friendly of people to be around."

28po5k.jpg

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
She's right actually. There's no domestic economy to speak of in Sinkieland. Without foreign investment and foreign expertise, Singapore is nothing. :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The truth may hurt but she's absolutely right. Without foreigners, Singapore would be nothing more than a small trading post.

Even during the boom years from 1975 till the early 90s, Singapore's wealth was generated by the capital and expertise brought in by the Multinational Corporations from the West. The electronic giants showed us the way in manufacturing while financial institutions like FNCB, Chase, HSBC showed the way in banking and finance.

Without the foreigners, do you honestly think a bunch of Chinese coolies and Indian rubber tappers along with the native fishermen could have turned Singapore into the powerhouse economy it is today????:rolleyes:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHAT A BUNCH OF RETARDS.
Singapore "needed" the foreign investments to turn it from a fishing village to a Metropolis. "Needed", you idiots, but NO LONGER.
All my european colleagues are begging for mercy as we are on a spree to cleanup these useless overpaid half-fucked ang mohs from our payroll.
One of them just lost his job in my company and is going home to London to be a bus driver.

Last edited:

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm, I wondered what skills she is really good at.

23iggo3.jpg

And then later on:

"Your government brings us in to work here because you don't have the skills. Don't knock us because believe it or not there is more foreign money in Singapore than anything else. If we all pulled out you would be a very poor and lonely country. Be grateful that there are people like us willing to give up our country, our ways to actually come and work for you and your government. Singaporeans are not the most friendly of people to be around."

28po5k.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poor and lonely without Caucasian expats? Oooh, poor me. I'm still waiting for money and sex from Ang Mohs.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
South Africa, one of the most foreigners discriminative country on earth. If you are investors you will know that they put their citizens above everything else.

Are you kidding me! Try telling that to a black South African. :rolleyes:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHAT A BUNCH OF RETARDS.
Singapore "needed" the foreign investments to turn it from a fishing village to a Metropolis. "Needed", you idiots, but NO LONGER.
All my european colleagues are begging for mercy as we are on a spree to cleanup these useless overpaid half-fucked ang mohs from our payroll.
One of them just lost his job in my company and is going home to London to be a bus driver.
Good. When we need them, keep them around. When they are not needed anymore, send en packing for good or let them teach English to kids here

Heshe

Alfrescian
Loyal
She's right actually. There's no domestic economy to speak of in Sinkieland. Without foreign investment and foreign expertise, Singapore is nothing. :rolleyes:

Yes this One I eat humble pie and agree - if not for ang mohs Sgp is nothing. Sinkies DO NOT be too proud and conceited. This is the damn truth, sink it into your skull. This is the PAP SUPERFICIAL hollow success which they marketed so well to the blind world. Even we have foreign born Minister, betrayed their birth countries come to Sgp.

For example, didnt you read the papers trumpeting in this manner, 'Singapore score first breakthrough blah blah..or 'Singapore discovered this blah blah...' or 'Singapore created cupcake history blah blah...' - READ VERY VERY ultra carefully. Singapore this of Singapore THAT DOES not mean the people of Singapore, OR the citizens of Singapore. Singapore discover this "IS Foreign scientists BASED in Singapore", STUPID!!!! NOT Singapore own scientists, IDIOTS!!!!

And going backwards, Singapore DEPENDED on MOST foreign companies TO PROVIDE employment other than the PAP govt. Shell, Mobil, ST Micro, previously Seagates, Mactors, GEs, SONYs, AIWAs etc etc. WHERE is there a SINGAPORE ACER, Singapore Samsung, Singapore Dell???

Even our first Shipyard,Swan Hunter was a foreign shipyard way back in 70s. Rig builders were Far East Levingston, Bethlehem. Hitachi Zozen, Ishikawa Industries, TOMY Toys, Nikko Electronics were other Jap Cos.

And to this foreigner - DO NOT be sooo proud, lucky we DID not have a Lehwoman, Goldwoman Sucks to bring us ANY financial downfall.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lady Doreen is absolutely right within the present context of Singapore,I would also add that we desperately/urgently need REAL talented FTs to become our ministers,even PM,DPM to save this poor country.
God bless us.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just side-track a little, these companies in 70s came because of the huge incentives given by the government (such as low rental, tax rebate and etc). As far as I can recalled, most of them make hell lots of money at that time.

==
Even our first Shipyard,Swan Hunter was a foreign shipyard way back in 70s. Rig builders were Far East Levingston, Bethlehem. Hitachi Zozen, Ishikawa Industries, TOMY Toys, Nikko Electronics were other Jap Cos.