• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Siglap

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time I'm there, I will look out for you :biggrin:.

look out for a dark-haired char bor slightly on the heavy side. my name used to be simon, but now you can call me simona. i, too, like samantha have been inspired by caitlyn.

image.jpg

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
look out for a dark-haired char bor slightly on the heavy side. my name used to be simon, but now you can call me simona. i, too, like samantha have been inspired by caitlyn.

Quite a few piu kia and piu char bor always congregate around that area. Will keep an eye and ear out for which one is you. Thanks for the hint :p

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
soy eu tua kopitiam on upper east coast road

In case some pple are wondering where this kopitiam is, it's located directly in between Starbucks / Killiney kopitiam, and Lai Hock Sambal Fish/Crab restaurant. Starbucks itself is just across the road from the 24 hours Teochew Mui (plus 5 other food stalls) kopitiam (which is itself next to 24 hours NTUC FairPrice), and Starbucks is also located near the Treknology bike shop and Xing Wang café. In the opposite direction, further down from Lai Hock Sambal restaurant, would be the 24 hours Mas Ayu muslim kopitiam and Udders ice cream.

Google Maps StreetView is vastly superior to all other online map systems (which are only 2D maps) :
https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@1.3...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sfsDGFkkgskvZo9G7va4heg!2e0

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
In case some pple are wondering where this kopitiam is, it's located directly in between Starbucks / Killiney kopitiam, and Lai Hock Sambal Fish/Crab restaurant.

You planning a gathering for East Coast gang or to go try spot Simon/Simona :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In case some pple are wondering where this kopitiam is, it's located directly in between Starbucks / Killiney kopitiam, and Lai Hock Sambal Fish/Crab restaurant.

yes, it's in the corner of upper east coast and jalan tua kong. the lai hock restaurant is beneath a multi-storey apartment building where chickens thrive. every morning before 8, you would encounter young natural organic chickens walking free-range to killiney and across the road to ntuc and the 24-hour food court. they avoid starbucks as it's expensive and there's not a starfucks to be found as it's mostly an ang mo housewives' hangout during workdays. the sambal fish at lai hock is shiokingly spicy spectacular.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was a Ocean Park Hotel where the Condo now stands. Jackie's Bowl was around the fringe though I can't recall the exact spot now
When I was in St Pat never went inside Jackie's Bowl. Bowling is an expensive game during my school.
Years later used to bowl at Jackie's. Almost every Saturday night we would punt with the bookie.
We played pin 5, those who play bowling know what I mean pin 5.
that is all the pins fall except pin nos. 5 stand. $1 is to $10.
Bowled there until almost the last days of Jackie's.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow all Singaporean staff in those days, wonder how come companies could survive then? Must be the rents killing them these days, so they need cheap foreigners to survive, or companies now becoming greedy and inefficient due to cheap labor.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow all Singaporean staff in those days, wonder how come companies could survive then? Must be the rents killing them these days, so they need cheap foreigners to survive, or companies now becoming greedy and inefficient due to cheap labor.

Yes, rent is the major killer. Look at the pathetic businesses at shopping malls. Some shops have more staff than customers

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was in St Pat never went inside Jackie's Bowl. Bowling is an expensive game during my school.
Years later used to bowl at Jackie's. Almost every Saturday night we would punt with the bookie.
We played pin 5, those who play bowling know what I mean pin 5.
that is all the pins fall except pin nos. 5 stand. $1 is to $10.
Bowled there until almost the last days of Jackie's.

Later part the macdonalds east coast nearby also had a bowling alley.....was that operated by jackies as well? Or was it super bowl?

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you remember if Jackie's Bowl is where Ocean Park Condo now? I vaguely recall its around the area but can't pinpoint the spot.

Let me share with you the history of Jackie's Bowl Katong and Orchard.

Mr Loke Wan Tho of Cathay Organization used to own Ocean Park Hotel together with nearby Cathay Keris Film Studio.

The late Mr Herbert Lim Eng Kuan was the grandson and son of Mr Lim Nee Soon and Mr Lim Chong Phang. Herbert's very beautiful wife Mavis Chew fell in love with Loke Wan Tho and she proceeded to divorce Herbert.

Loke Wan Tho felt very bad and sorry for Herbert and he offered to compensate Herbert with a block of 38,000 sq ft of freehold land at Ocean Park as a gift & the space for a bowling alley at the Orchard cinema at a rental of 10c psf for 50 years.

At that point of time Herbert was trying to bring into S'pore 10 pins bowling from America. He approached Mr Khoo Teck Puat and Mr Jackie Oei (descendent of Oei Tiong Ham) to become his business partners to set up the two bowling alleys in S'pore.

Herbert was the pioneer in S'pore 10 pins bowling and the two Jackie's bowling alleys were very profitable throughout their decades of operation.

Mr Loke Wan Tho divorced his very attractive & high profile socialite wife, Christina Lee to marry Mavis Chew in 1963. Less than a year later, very sadly Loke and Mavis perished in a plane crash in 1964 after they attended the 11th Asian Film Festival in Taiwan.

Dato Loke Wan Tho was only 49 years old.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Loke Wan Tho divorced his very attractive & high profile socialite wife, Christina Lee to marry Mavis Chew in 1963. Less than a year later, very sadly Loke and Mavis perished in a plane crash in 1964 after they attended the 11th Asian Film Festival in Taiwan.

Dato Loke Wan Tho was only 49 years old.

was the plane crash near taichung on june 20, 1964?

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/1964/1964.htm

details of 1964 crash in central taiwan....civil air transport plane was partially owned by cia. cia omitted the presence of 2 pistols hidden in thick radar manuals (with cutouts) in their findings. but taiwanese investigators revealed the recovery of pistols. it's still a mystery as to whether the plane was hijacked.

http://taiwanairpower.org/blog/?p=953

Last edited: