• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Siglap

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
joo+chiat+road+A.jpg

joo+chiat+road+then.jpg

joo+chiat+road+C.jpg

joo+chiat+road+D.jpg

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The one driving the Maserati?
I know the doc as one of my ex gf and her sis opened the cafe next door.....their chocolate cakes were delicious
i dont think he drove a sports car. not at all
wong clinic was bought over after his death by some young doctors - they kept the name and the nurses....

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened to Jackies bowl? Is it still there? I remember I used to walk there to play at the arcade inside. The operator even allowed us in even if we were wearing school uniform.

Demolished many years ago. The site is now occupied by Ocean Park Condo.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The old man sitting looks like Fei Fei Grand Father, am i wrong?

Fei Fei now taste like shit.
The noodles are still ok but I wonder why they do away with the sauce and now machiam getting plain noodles with salt.....supposed to add the chilli myself? But even then other sauces missing

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
clinics2.jpg

The late Dr Wong Kum Hoong stayed in Woo Mun Chew Road , he worked right till his last day in August 2009,
attending to patients in the morning and then going back for his regular routine of lunch and a nap before passing away suddenly.​

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fei Fei now taste like shit.
The noodles are still ok but I wonder why they do away with the sauce and now machiam getting plain noodles with salt.....supposed to add the chilli myself? But even then other sauces missing
Only the eldest son (the one with pony tail) can cook. Many years back, by chance, he was manning the stall. The mee tasted so different and good for once. Stop going since they employed ah tiongs to run the stall.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
longest-bus-stop-opposite-joo-chiat-market-1966.jpg

The longest bus stop in Singapore in the 1960s had got to be the one opposite Joo Chiat Market.​

Babamuda

Alfrescian
Loyal
4-5-2009_042.JPG

East Coast Road. After Teluk Kurau Road, but before Chung Ching Flats

4-5-2009_056.JPG

East Coast Road. Chung Ching Flats opposite CALTEX Station, East Coast Road​

The owner of the kopi tiam was a short Hainanese guy who also collect
illegal chap ji kee bets. There was also a guy that sells very good fried
Hokkien Mee at night just around the car park area.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on. You must be one old timer, fren.

Fren, tos were the best times, everyone had a smile on their face and wud nod or a hi. Today Katong total change, the ugly Ah Soh will put on a grumpy face, the pretty ones will put their nose in the Air, the young dont hve time to look around to wats happening, they are glued to their phone and the FT group amongst emself, no more tat Spore Spirit. Back in tos days everyone noes everyone, haha!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fren, tos were the best times, everyone had a smile on their face and wud nod or a hi. Today Katong total change, the ugly Ah Soh will put on a grumpy face, the pretty ones will put their nose in the Air, the young dont hve time to look around to wats happening, they are glued to their phone and the FT group amongst emself, no more tat Spore Spirit. Back in tos days everyone noes everyone, haha!

we still talk cock sing song at soy eu tua kopitiam on upper east coast road: noodle stall with bengs in their colored hairdo, the nasi lemak and mee rebus minah and her hubby plus daughter if she's free, peranakan family selling chendol right next stall, and old kopitiam tow kay and her ah soh female assistant who is now a mother. smiles all around when they see me, because i tip extra but they refuse my tips. so different to see sinkies refusing tips. they avoid tips like a plague.