• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Method of Retrenchments in S'pore.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
First round they retrench all new staff cos lower pay and dont have much retrenchment benefits to pay...i.e. 1 month for every year served.
They also at the same time reduce pay of all staff significantly.

2nd round, they start retrenchments of older staff. Retrenchments benefits payout will be lower for the Company bcos of significant paycuts in Round 1.

For smart ones with long service and high pay, VOLUNTEER to be retrenched in Round 1. Then you get ALL the benefits.

Very dirty and unscrouplous people we have running companies nowadays.:oIo:

So for those that were not retrenched in Round 1 but suffered significant paycuts, take that as a bad omen. You may be next in rounds 2/3

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
The US economy may only recover after 2014. Gotta stay lean these few years. Avoid travel and big-ticket spending. Waiting for HDB prices to come down to sane levels.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
The US economy may only recover after 2014. Gotta stay lean these few years. Avoid travel and big-ticket spending. Waiting for HDB prices to come down to sane levels.

Yes very good moral advice unlike our leaders and News media that still tell people to spend.

HDB prices may dive hopefully but there are many that WILL have to downgrade from condos and landed to 3/4 rooms HDB.

5 rooms and above HDB WILL dive

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
First round they retrench all new staff cos lower pay and dont have much retrenchment benefits to pay...i.e. 1 month for every year served.

2nd round, they start retrenchments of older staff. Retrenchments benefits payout will be lower for the Company bcos of significant paycuts in Round 1.

For smart ones with long service and high pay, VOLUNTEER to be retrenched in Round 1. Then you get ALL the benefits.

So for those that were not retrenched in Round 1 but suffered significant paycuts, take that as a bad omen. You may be next in rounds 2/3

Easy to say this when there aren't that many jobs to have these days. If you volunteer for round 1 just like that, you would definitely be out of a job in times like this.

That's not a smart thing to do. Unless you are pretty old and near retirement age already and have grown up kids or something. :smile:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
our gahment is doing well...upturning the downturning....and fine tuning the retrenching and reaching out to the workers, the unemployed, the retrenched and the poor...our gahment is the best in the world... a government that cares for its people...i say we have a world class governance...majulah singapura!!!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
our gahment is doing well...upturning the downturning....and fine tuning the retrenching and reaching out to the workers, the unemployed, the retrenched and the poor...our gahment is the best in the world... a government that cares for its people...i say we have a world class governance...majulah singapura!!!!

I hormat that!....UPTURN THE DOWNTURN sound like overturning the dustbin and expect the rubbish don't fall on you....

MAJULLAH SINGAPURA!...MERDEKA!

jw5

Loyal
The newest method of retrenchment will be to pretend the employee never existed.
One morning, the employee comes into the office, only to find that his workstation has been cleared and someone else is occupying it. There is no sign of his existence and no one in the office appears to know who he is. He is shocked and slowly begins to believe that he never actually worked there. He leaves the office sadly.
All the other employees are in on it as they don't want to be the next one.
Sad state of affairs.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i never thought of that
shit
but no one from HR came and ask for volunteer
damn
i have to be careful
i am sure i will be 2/3 round

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal

I find it bemused that one can throw out a date and said the recovery will be. How do you derive to this number? :confused:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, then you're going to be left without a job and its going to be very difficult for you to look for another one in times like these. :eek:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
World owes you a living mentality again. Retrenchment benefit is out of goodwill, not an entitlement!

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would be happy to show you the exit.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
The newest method of retrenchment will be to pretend the employee never existed.
One morning, the employee comes into the office, only to find that his workstation has been cleared and someone else is occupying it. There is no sign of his existence and no one in the office appears to know who he is. He is shocked and slowly begins to believe that he never actually worked there. He leaves the office sadly.
All the other employees are in on it as they don't want to be the next one.
Sad state of affairs.

talking about retrenchment, here's a movie that best relate what you have mentioned...highly recommend that you all watch it if you want to find out the silver lining at the end of the story...lol..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_v90q0ydxMI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_v90q0ydxMI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>