• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Discrimination on Malays in the SAF, Whose fight is it?

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed that many Non-Muslim/Malays including myself are the ones who are usually barking about this discriminations but there is just this aching feeling inside me telling me that its has got nothing to do with me and I should leave it to them to sort out this discrimination on their siblings, friends and themselves. Shouldnt it be their fight? So why are they keeping quite about it or do they really accept the Ideology by LKY and his Cronies on why they are not allowed to enter special Units.

I would also like to add..

There are many Singaporeans today including a couple of Ministers who are of Malaysian-Chinese descent who have more relatives in Malaysia then most Singaporean Malays do, In-fact many or most of my Singapore Malay friends do no have a single relative living in Malaysia or Indonesia.

Added Info on the Demographics of Malaysia.

"Approximately 61.3% of the population practice Islam, 19.8% practice Buddhism, 9.2% Christianity, 6.3% Hinduism and 1.3% practice Confucianism, Taoism and other traditional Chinese religions.[159] 0.7% declared no religion and the remaining 1.4% practiced other religions or did not provide any information."

"The population of Malaysia consists of many ethnic groups. Malays make up 50.4 per cent of the population, while other bumiputra make up another 11 per cent"

Lets have a proper discussion on this topic. Put some thought into it Before typing it down, Come up with you own ideology.

P.s I honestly think that today in the year 2012, Its time that we finally band together as One united people regardless of Race, Language or Religion, Issues like this can one day hurt all of us.(Remember, we don't want a repeat of WW2 where everyone minded their own business)

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
How exactly have you been discriminated against? As much as the bumi first policies like in Malaysia n Indonesia?

jiangrenhua

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do you separate Malays from Bumiputra?

Bumiputra is Malays!

It is a general perception that Mats are idlers and expect their food to fall from the sky without work.

Do you agree too?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malays die their own business lah. You fight for them got money to take meh? Bo liao :rolleyes:

spiritofchengsan97

Alfrescian
Loyal
some background analysis

The Roar of the Lion City - Ethnicity, Gender, and Culture in the Singapore Armed Forces
by Sean P. Walsh

Although the Singapore Armed Forces is one of the most technologically advanced militaries in Southeast Asia, it suffers from a number of institutional weaknesses. Singapore's multiethnic but Chinese-dominated society and unique geographical and political characteristics result in challenges in both the recruitment and retention of high-quality personnel into the armed forces as well as in developing the proper role in the military for Singapore's Malay minority (whom the government historically has seen as a security risk but who also have a strong cultural inclination toward military service). This article contends that in meeting these challenges, Singapore has reduced the effectiveness and professionalism of its military significantly by unwisely preventing Malay participation systematically in key areas of the armed forces, by limiting the positions women can hold in the military, and by using a promotion system that is based more on education and scholarships than on proven competence.

if you can access academic journals , the full article is at http://afs.sagepub.com/content/33/2/265.abstract

lucifer666

Alfrescian
Loyal
everyone knows a malay will never become chief of army navy or airforce. this is simple abc. the old man is still seeing malay ghosts from separation days. JI and the terrorists simply confirmed his paranoia. to even question if there is discrimination reflects on your common sense, or rather, the absence of any

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
everyone knows a malay will never become chief of army navy or airforce. this is simple abc. the old man is still seeing malay ghosts from separation days. JI and the terrorists simply confirmed his paranoia. to even question if there is discrimination reflects on your common sense, or rather, the absence of any

Maybe Malay SCDF head?