• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pinky Loon bribed Singaporeans to listen to his National Rally in August

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As the negative sentiment mounts on the poor performance of this silly leader 2 years on after the last watershed election, there is no better time to give Singaporeans some carrots to sweeten our impression of him while he deliver his national day...fancies. Anyone here will be receiving more carrots in August?

I am going to langawi on National Day with my money. PAP,Ptui!!! :oIo:

Last edited:

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way things are going I am sure you won't be surprised when you come back and "due to popular demand" they announce that they are replacing the National Anthem to help the newcomers integrate because they cannot relate to Majulah Singapura. This government does not seem to have any attachment to any singkie notion of "heritage" - they are already replacing the incumbent population.

I prefer not to be foul-mouthed but the one who wrote this is really a CCB:oIo::

"MONDAY'S article ('Sung with national pride') about the significance of national anthems - or their irrelevance - spurred my thoughts about our National Anthem.

In all honesty, I almost forgot its title when I tried to recall it; assuming it was Mari Kita (Let Us) because these are the first words, before I remembered that it is Majulah Singapura (Onward Singapore).

Sadly, beyond the title, I have no clue what the rest of the anthem means, despite having sung it every single day from primary school to junior college.

My second problem is that the anthem is in Malay.

If the purpose of a national anthem is to forge national identity and rally citizens towards a common vision or goal, why choose a language that four-fifths of Singaporeans today neither speak nor understand?

Should our National Anthem be updated? The view that doing so would open a Pandora's box of unwelcome controversy framed along sensitive racial lines misses the point.

The problem is not that most Singaporeans do not understand Malay, but that we do not understand what our National Anthem means.

More effort must be made in schools to teach the anthem to students. I remember being cursorily taught its meaning in primary school, with its translation tucked away in an obscure page of a social studies text.

If efforts are not made to impress the meaning and significance of the National Anthem, then generations of students will continue to sing Majulah Singapura every morning without understanding its importance or worth.

Since Chinese is the major demographics in Singapore, I believe that it is fair that Singapore cater a national language that suits the general public.

Grace Zhang (Miss)"

Last edited:

jiakhongleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just simply retain the tune and change the lyrics. Must add LKY name on it to promote him as founding father, though.

The way things are going I am sure you won't be surprised when you come back and "due to popular demand" they announce that they are replacing the National Anthem to help the newcomers integrate because they cannot relate to Majulah Singapura. This government does not seem to have any attachment to any singkie notion of "heritage" - they are already replacing the incumbent population.

I prefer not to be foul-mouthed but the one who wrote this is really a CCB:oIo::

"MONDAY'S article ('Sung with national pride') about the significance of national anthems - or their irrelevance - spurred my thoughts about our National Anthem.

In all honesty, I almost forgot its title when I tried to recall it; assuming it was Mari Kita (Let Us) because these are the first words, before I remembered that it is Majulah Singapura (Onward Singapore).

Sadly, beyond the title, I have no clue what the rest of the anthem means, despite having sung it every single day from primary school to junior college.

If the purpose of a national anthem is to forge national identity and rally citizens towards a common vision or goal, why choose a language that four-fifths of Singaporeans today neither speak nor understand?

Should our National Anthem be updated? The view that doing so would open a Pandora's box of unwelcome controversy framed along sensitive racial lines misses the point.

The problem is not that most Singaporeans do not understand Malay, but that we do not understand what our National Anthem means.

More effort must be made in schools to teach the anthem to students. I remember being cursorily taught its meaning in primary school, with its translation tucked away in an obscure page of a social studies text.

If efforts are not made to impress the meaning and significance of the National Anthem, then generations of students will continue to sing Majulah Singapura every morning without understanding its importance or worth.

Since Chinese is the major demographics in Singapore, I believe that it is fair that Singapore cater a national language that suits the general public.

Grace Zhang (Miss)"

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal

Grace Zhang (Miss)"

So when the major demographic gets overrun by Filipinos, will Grace Zhang (Miss) come out and implore the National Language be converted to Tagalog?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
So when the major demographic gets overrun by Filipinos, will Grace Zhang (Miss) come out and implore the National Language be converted to Tagalog?

I hope she gets her wish. That's the surest method to wipe out the PAPzis once and for all. :rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just simply retain the tune and change the lyrics. Must add LKY name on it to promote him as founding father, though.

Agree & add, "swiss standard of living", " more good years", "mee siam mai hum" and work in into the lyrics & make the tune more marshall!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sing like these vocal-trained soliders

[video=youtube;S0wp1Zhs2h8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0wp1Zhs2h8[/video]

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe they should come in 4 languages just like the pledge?