• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

Khongsha

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well. The developer has never been famous for good quality. Many just sub not to contractors to build the house for a certain price. Everyone will cut corner.
Else how to make money.
So long as it doesn't compromise the safety of the unit then I think have to accept this. There's no way to completely fix everything
I didn't put my expectation too high before collecting my key & open that door. However at the first glance still felt disappointed. Ok, may be that is the result of trying to meet the deadline. Fine I give u another 2 weeks to settled. I don't mind they use old pipe as long as it doesn't leak. But if time given and they still can't deliver.....:mad:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't put my expectation too high before collecting my key & open that door. However at the first glance still felt disappointed. Ok, may be that is the result of trying to meet the deadline. Fine I give u another 2 weeks to settled. I don't mind they use old pipe as long as it doesn't leak. But if time given and they still can't deliver.....:mad:

It's the contractor in JB. SP Setia quality in KL is good, even their first housing development in Ampang (also called Bukit Indah) I didn't hear any complaints. my good friend has lived there for coming to 20 years now.
the good thing about setia is their customer service is above average, unlike some so called luxury or exclusive branded homes costing a bomb but after sales customer service is not that great. so the best is you raise your concern to setia. i would to if i see old discoloured piping in my brand new home. get them to change it if possible.

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the contractor in JB. SP Setia quality in KL is good, even their first housing development in Ampang (also called Bukit Indah) I didn't hear any complaints. my good friend has lived there for coming to 20 years now.
the good thing about setia is their customer service is above average, unlike some so called luxury or exclusive branded homes costing a bomb but after sales customer service is not that great. so the best is you raise your concern to setia. i would to if i see old discoloured piping in my brand new home. get them to change it if possible.

As the pipe is fixed from the wall, I worry that if the old pipe is taken out and a new pipe is fix in, will there be leakage later on............:*:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is the Johor contractors so low quality? The housing prices are not cheap. Almost KL prices I would say.
Sometimes dunno whether Johor property buyers are carrot head or not

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is the Johor contractors so low quality? The housing prices are not cheap. Almost KL prices I would say.

Most of e better ones are in SG, where they earn 2.5x more for e same job.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

landed house not yet KL price. about 60-70% of KL house price. I think it's a cultural thing. KL has been more cosmopolitan for longer, the work attitude there is better. I find KL contractors, vendors, agents, sales people etc more professional there. JB still need time to mature as an economy as well as a city.

Khongsha

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went down to sky loft today. Not much was done except the toilet wall tile have been grout properly now. But learnt that the water meter only installed in mid sept. Basically not ready to start my renovation yet.
image.jpg

Khongsha

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yah, forgot to tell you guy, remember to check every door lock, I have two bedroom door lock spoilt (can't lock).:(

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yah, forgot to tell you guy, remember to check every door lock, I have two bedroom door lock spoilt (can't lock).:(

1 word ==> SHOCKING:mad::mad::mad:
Flooring is BAD, many uneven tiles, chip off, holes.......
Many 3-pins sockets spoiled/cannot switch:*::*::*:
Many parts NOT clean, stainless steel can looks like rusty...........:mad::mad::mad:
Give-up checking, ask them to check themselves and clean up b4 calling me to go 4 join inspection again:mad::*::eek:

Nomadoi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks guy for the updates!

Quality indeed is pretty bad. Only consolation is the view..

Rusty faucets, the edges and joint between the wall, tiles and door is horrible. On the way down, a angry lady holding a chisel said she use it to knock on all the tiles and many are hollow....there is even a unit had all tiles replaced...

Setia is doing itself a disservice.....:smile:

Will try to post some pictures shortly...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 354

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi ,after hearing the stories of the key handover ,I start to worry,btw anybody can provide me email of ur contractor,i would wish to ask for quotation.I had some design on mind n my 1st quote frm my contractor to me personally I felt was on the high side.thks

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks guy for the updates!

Quality indeed is pretty bad. Only consolation is the view..

Rusty faucets, the edges and joint between the wall, tiles and door is horrible. On the way down, a angry lady holding a chisel said she use it to knock on all the tiles and many are hollow....there is even a unit had all tiles replaced...

Setia is doing itself a disservice.....:smile:

Will try to post some pictures shortly...

Whao! Very bad quality n workmenship :eek:

Must bang developer's table!

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can forget about Singapore standard when you are buying into Johor.
All the good contractors are coming to work in Singapore. Only second or even third tier contractors are left.
Plus I have never been impressed with Setia workmanship whether it's under the new or older ownership.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hows huat lee furniture?
http://m.hupleehome.com.my/index.php
They hv got a outlet near bukit indah,check w bro,how much for aircon?if i juz need 3 fcu 2 for bedroom 1 for living,getting frm courts nearby should be ok rite?price should b around there rite?wouldn't kana carrot hor sinces its courts.cause only let my contrctor do carpentry work.

Last edited: