• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Starting this to help those who have bought in Bukit Indah to share their experiences. Again this forum is not about HH so please go ahead and share about your taman, organise gatherings, etc. Thrive and prosper! :smile:

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro Wuqi for starting this thread. Makes me one happy camper. Now I can share in the right space :smile:

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bukit Indah-the Address avenue 8

BIA2.jpgBIA8.jpgBIA81.jpgBIA83.jpg

Apart from the ugly electrical wiring/pole, the garden looks quite nice. The development is under The Quartz, The Emerald and is probably only availale through resale.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow , thanks for sharing the pics . i still cant really find where is the development though u shown me e map before .....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bukit Indah-the Address avenue 8

View attachment 5619View attachment 5620View attachment 5621View attachment 5622

Apart from the ugly electrical wiring/pole, the garden looks quite nice. The development is under The Quartz, The Emerald and is probably only availale through resale.

Very very nice pictures. Thanks for sharing! Looks great, just avoid those units directly with the electrical pole especially if one wants/plans to do a balcony on the 2nd (first floor in local terminology) floor later on.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow , thanks for sharing the pics . i still cant really find where is the development though u shown me e map before .....

Next time when your P8 is ready and my Cadenza is ready I chio you eat bak kut teh (near to Tsim Sha Tsui restaurant; their dry BKT is unique). To go to BI, I usually take highway 307 then 308 then I see Aeon on my left. Instead of turning left to Aeon at the traffic junction, I turn right and drive straight then I can see Tsim Sha Zhui restaurant on my right (the char siew is to die for; ask for semi fat if your heart can take it), the bak kut teh restaurant is on the next street and Avenue 8 is just facing the BKT restaurant. food.jpg

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh , i ate the dry one before , its not bad ... but service quite slow and little expensive .....
Can u imagine i took 1 hr to finished my lunch ? there was 2 tables before us only....
Oh , roughly i know where is it liao ....

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh , i ate the dry one before , its not bad ... but service quite slow and little expensive .....
Can u imagine i took 1 hr to finished my lunch ? there was 2 tables before us only....
Oh , roughly i know where is it liao ....

So you think its expensive too? I thought I was expecting too much by thinking everything in JB should be cheap. I have tried three BKT places in JB so far and this one is the cheapest. I think maybe pork is expensive in JB? :confused: When my place is ready, I want to check out the pasar pagi (morning market) to see if prices are really ex for fresh pork.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think its pure luck if buy from developer. Nobody know whose units will have that ugly pole. I think not all rows will have it also. So far from the pictures I have seen of such poles in Setia property, they are mainly located near the middle of the row. So units in corner or nearer the corner may not have.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you think its expensive too? I thought I was expecting too much by thinking everything in JB should be cheap. I have tried three BKT places in JB so far and this one is the cheapest. I think maybe pork is expensive in JB? :confused: When my place is ready, I want to check out the pasar pagi (morning market) to see if prices are really ex for fresh pork.

JB things are not cheap , its affordable ....
I always finds that JB pork has a kind of smell , so I dun buy back to SG , but my mum love to buy kampong chickens back ...
have u try e fry porridge ? i yet to find it although its along the shops .
Also i heard has claypot braised pork there too , u try before ? i saw in the FB , it looks so nice .

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB things are not cheap , its affordable ....
I always finds that JB pork has a kind of smell , so I dun buy back to SG , but my mum love to buy kampong chickens back ...
have u try e fry porridge ? i yet to find it although its along the shops .
Also i heard has claypot braised pork there too , u try before ? i saw in the FB , it looks so nice .

Is it along that stretch of shops? I saw there was a new restaurant opened the last time I went. Think it could be this porridge you are referring to. Never tried it, so unable to comment. I went to the pasar malam near Sutera area (I do not know the street name as my friend drove me in) and wanted to buy the fresh eggs back. The kampong chicken all look very yellow, so didnt buy back. The vegetables and fish are worth buying coz super fresh (fish's eyes still sparkle). Being the kiasi Singaporean, I checked the customs website that say cannot bring in raw meat or poultry products into Singapore. Otherwise will confiscate. I bought eggs in before (small quantities just to try; even if confiscate also wont feel heart pain). The yolks were very yellow and the whites were very fresh (thick and not runny). Price is maybe 10-20 cents cheaper. Your mom bought the kampong chicken back? Must hide it or not when entering custom?

JB food is nice but can be too 'tasty' if eat out everyday. Hair will drop. ha ha. I love to cook soup, so wanted to check on pork. Supermarket (Tesco, Jusco) pork dont look fresh. Beef is worse. This may be outside of BI but I tried the Da Zui Ba karaoke (http://www.loudspeaker.my/) the last time I went in (near Sutera Mall). Quite value for money. RM26 per person for 3 hours singing, one dinner and free flow of drinks.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes , along the stretch of shops ....
Kampong chicken is yellow col one , very nice !
Yes , hidden properly ....
Gd for u , i am not talent to cook so have to rely outside food .....
The karaoke , did u go on weekdays ? if weekends, i am suprise have such pricing ....

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes , along the stretch of shops ....
Kampong chicken is yellow col one , very nice !
Yes , hidden properly ....
Gd for u , i am not talent to cook so have to rely outside food .....
The karaoke , did u go on weekdays ? if weekends, i am suprise have such pricing ....

I went on Sat 5-8pm slot. Really RM26 per person and no plus plus. I had the chicken chop with pepper sauce and my friend had rice with fried chicken. Nett RM52 for two persons. Can bring your mom :smile: Small room but v comfy as the seats can take about 4 people. Can lie down to sing if just two person. Maybe next time I try using kampong chicken to cook my soup. Chicken cook soup taste nice though v heaty.

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think its pure luck if buy from developer. Nobody know whose units will have that ugly pole. I think not all rows will have it also. So far from the pictures I have seen of such poles in Setia property, they are mainly located near the middle of the row. So units in corner or nearer the corner may not have.

The new setia designs all hv underground power. Btw, if u go google maps, u can find out yr actual address of your unit. The road names are out.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new setia designs all hv underground power. Btw, if u go google maps, u can find out yr actual address of your unit. The road names are out.

Does that mean Arte, Belleza and Cadenza all wont have that electrical pole? That is some good news :smile: I saw the road names but some roads do not have the numbers...:confused:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Looks good and thanks for the information on the burial of the electrical lines. That would be much better as the electrical lines may be a safety concern for some.
I am glad you guys got a good place. Wishing all a prosperous and great life here. :smile:

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does that mean Arte, Belleza and Cadenza all wont have that electrical pole? That is some good news :smile: I saw the road names but some roads do not have the numbers...:confused:

If u look at the road names, u can see numbers at the beginning/end of roads. That would be the actual numbers for the units on that road. Then based on yr purchase agreement, u should know which unit it actually is from that number. Note that one side is odd numbered while the other side is even.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was checking for rental of properties within Bukit Indah yesterday and found the range for newly completed terraces going for MYR1750-2,200 per month (intermediate) to MYR 2,700 for corner terrace. Actually very tempted to rent out my HDB and rent a JB terrace straightaway and can still net savings of about S$700 per month after costs.