• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally the root cause of all these anti sentiments of SP Setia is out.

The truth is Tan Sri Liew invited the Malaysian GLCs to open their door for SP Setia to team up with them. Tan Sri wanted the money and opportunities to be given to them. He is fully aware on the dangers he is courting as a public company which uses public funds and traded on the stock exchange, it can be taken over anytime. If you do not want anyone to take over, then do not list the company. Keep it as a private limited company.
In another words, Tan Sri chose to take this route himself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 14 – Top property developer Tan Sri Liew Kee Sin today punctured the Chinese community’s complaints that it had been treated unfairly by the government, pointing out that Malaysian-Chinese have fared well under pro-Bumiputera policies.

Liew also argued that the increased presence of government-linked companies (GLCs) in the market meant that Chinese businesses would soon have no choice but to tap into Malay expertise and funds if they wished to increase revenues in the future.

“Today, the government has money through GLCs (government-linked companies)... They can buy buildings off you, they can buy your supermarkets, your hypermarkets, you shopping centres from you. That will give you a big source of income,” he said.

“It’s up to us. Do we want to tap into their expertise, financial abilities? Do you want to tap into their so-called connections?”

However, Liew stressed that such Malay-Chinese cooperation required a spirit of give-and-take.

“Before we start asking them to give us more liberal policies... we must also allow them to come to our sector, things that we are good at. If not, this so-called collaboration will not happen. They will not allow us,” he said.

“If we were to say we want to take a bigger pick from this economic cake from under the NEM (New Economic Policy)... we must also learn to give in.

“We must also learn to take a step back. We must also learn how to live with their culture, their mindset.”

He explained that the Malays still feared that the Chinese would “run over them and kill all of them” if they (the Chinese) were not bound by pro-bumiputera policies.

“That is their mindset. Whether it’s inferiority complex or whether it’s upbringing, whether it’s cultural... it is there,” he said.

Liew reminded delegates that it was only pragmatic for Chinese companies to link up with Malay ones as business was all about profit, not politics.

“We’re in business. Our job is to make money,” he said.

“Are we prepared to be a small fish in big market or the big fish in a small market? It’s up to us.”

- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...hinese-thrived-under-nep#sthash.36E2ZSoL.dpuf

What else you expect Tan Sri to say..... he still need to survive and he still have to run a business in Malaysia. We all know he is hurt.....deeply hurt by PNB move....

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speech was dated 14/8/2010 long before PNB was involved.

If it is in 2010, the reason are more obvious. He need backing and support by the Government. Have to say good things about pro bumi policies. It is understandable. Btw, working and linking up with malay companies does not warrant the agreement to be eaten up by them. You need to differentiate this.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is in 2010, the reason are more obvious. He need backing and support by the Government. Have to say good things about pro bumi policies. It is understandable. Btw, working and linking up with malay companies does not warrant the agreement to be eaten up by them. You need to differentiate this.

Eaten up at a price of RM6.6 billion....:smile:. It is Six thousand six hundred million Ringgit. RM6,600,000,000.
He is laughing all the way yet some are crying foul.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eaten up at a price of RM6.6 billion....:smile:. It is Six thousand six hundred million Ringgit. RM6,600,000,000.
He is laughing all the way yet some are crying foul.

You sure he is laughing all the way? Please don't make this kind of assumption. He can earn more than that if remain in SP Setia. Money not Equate to Happiness.....

Sharing some old news....
-------------------

'Old soldier' says he will rise and shine again
Saturday, 26 April 2014

ON April 15, outgoing S P Setia Bhd president and CEO Tan Sri Liew Kee Sin bade farewell to an audience of 1,000 at Istana Budaya in Kuala Lumpur. It was the opening night for the broadway musical Jersey Boys in Kuala Lumpur. It was also S P Setia’s corporate night. The two-and-a-half-hour show told the story of the formation, success and eventual break-up of the 1960s rock n’ roll group The Four Seasons, with each of the four members sharing their perspective.

Liew in his opening speech gave his perspective of the road ahead for him. His last day at S P Setia is April 30. He told the audience that the company he started in the 1990s with Datuk Voon Tin Yow had a small capital.

“At its height, S P Setia’s market cap reached nearly RM9bil (about RM7bil today). It has 4,782 acres of undeveloped land worth RM102bil, and unbilled sales of more than RM9bil,” Liew said. He said if he had told anyone that he would one day be selling residential units in London with an average price of £2,300 per sq ft, no one would believe him, but that was exactly what was happening today.

On May 1, Liew, as chairman of Battersea Project Holdings Co Ltd (BPHC) will be launching Phase 2 of Battersea Power Station. The project is a 40:40:20 joint venture with Sime Darby group and S P Setia taking an equal stake each and the Employees Provident Fund the remainder.

“I have served my country and I now leave this company in capable hands,” he said.

He then singled out Voon, the chief operating officer who takes over as acting president and CEO from May 1 to April 20, 2015. “I am leaving it all to you. Can (do) or not?” he asked Voon. Voon gestured in the affirmative. As usual, there is much drama surrounding Liew. Those few minutes could have been a teary-eyed event but that’s not Liew. Instead, he hinted at the path he has set for himself. He said American military leader General Douglas MacArthur too served his country.

“At the American Congress, he ended his speech with a line that has become well-known today. He said old soldiers never die, they just fade away. But this old soldier (pointing to himself) is going to rise up.”

How the next chapter unfolds for the entrepreneur – the youngest son of a lorry driver and rubber tapper – is anyone’s guess. At about RM7bil, S P Setia has one of the largest market cap in the property sector. Since the PNB takeover moves in September 2011 until yesterday, S P Setia shares touched a high of RM4.01 on April 2, 2012 and a low of RM2.74 on Feb 6, 2014. On Friday, its share price closed six sen higher at RM3.05.

Earlier this week, Liew sold his last 2.76% block of S P Setia shares amounting to 67.79 million at RM3.95 apiece, a price agreed upon after the hostile takeover by government-linked company Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB).

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow.... see what i said? At least 4 hardcore SP Setia defenders storm into this thread just to protect their master. Maybe more coming in..... (lets wait and see.....)
1. westman
2. vohkster
3. huatgugu (vohkster's clone)
4. funniman
5. ???
6. ???

Wtf....thank you for putting in rank 1..as i just posted 1 time...
I suppose the ranking is based on number of pissed off replied against you..and its in ascending order...

First of all.. i dont care what SP Setia is.. as I did not purchase any property from them..so dont generalise i am SP Setia supporter..

What I am pissed is.... you have been bragging on your project and virtually sing down every other projects... that is low to me and i think that is no good.....dud....

To help you saving your time searching what project I have purchase so that you can start singing down mine too.. look for Iskandar Residences.. wait for you to go there singing down IR...pui!

Last edited:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wtf....thank you for putting in rank 1..as i just posted 1 time...
I suppose the ranking is based on number of pissed off replied against you..and its in ascending order...

First of all.. i dont care what SP Setia is.. as I did not purchase any property from them..so dont generalise i am SP Setia supporter..

What I am pissed is.... you have been bragging on your project and virtually sing down every other projects... that is low to me and i think that is no good.....dud....

To help you saving your time searching what project I have purchase so that you can start singing down mine too.. look for Iskandar Residences.. wait for you to go there singing down IR...pui!

Nobody singing down any projects. What we have discussed here about SP Setia are all factual. Like it or not..... problems faced by our bro wufucheng have proven it.

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Cannot deny. All new units may have defects but this one is a classic....a life threatening one !!! :biggrin:

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I can explain. Relaxman is an idiot who thinks his words mean anything. You actualy think he is an aggrieved party? That isbeing generous. he is a loser with no money. Why am I so bold as to say that? Its simple. Nobody who is loaded will spend so much time and effort bad mouthing others. His house in p12 isn't cheap either. I got friends bot p10&11 for much cheaper . what he has is a major case of being pissed off st Singaporeans. Loser .

While saying others, why you yourself bad mouthing projects like R&F and BDO....???? funny lor....

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is my mistake to say the entire chinese community are upset of the takeover. I realised this as among some of the forumers here (which i assume as chinese), they sound "happy" over this force takeover of SP Setia by PNB. My apology and i retract this statement.

Good to see you can start apologizing when you are wrong. Already told u don't make sweeping statements like all Malaysian Chinese. I am Chinese and I frankly don't care about what happens to setia. Now let's hear your apologies on post 1444. You are making progress as a good forummer. Build ur reputation now.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I find the argument very intriguing and couldn't help to offer my 2 cents worth.

I opine that SP Setia's responsibilities lie towards its shareholders and customers. I believe they will also want to look good to their creditors and potential investors. No company exists to please everybody. It can choose its market segment. Whether they perform well or otherwise are for those interested parties I have listed to judge; not the entire Chinese community which I do not think Relaxman can claim to represent, nor Relaxman if he is not among the interested parties. It is a slippery road if we generalise everything. It is difficult to explain rationally the behaviour and deep seated hatred Relaxman has unless he is an aggrieved party, whether for the right or wrong reasons.......................

I like the way u say rationally and deep seated hatred in one sentence. Relaxman keeps saying setia must prove their worth to everyone. My question is what business is it to him how setia performs if he is not an owner there?
I too cannot rationally understand what is his deep seated hatred toward setia. Guess we will never know his hidden evil agenda.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like the way u say rationally and deep seated hatred in one sentence. Relaxman keeps saying setia must prove their worth to everyone. My question is what business is it to him how setia performs if he is not an owner there?
I too cannot rationally understand what is his deep seated hatred toward setia. Guess we will never know his hidden evil agenda.

What business is it to vohkster if he is not an owner there?? Why defending this developer who failed their customers ? You get commission from SP Setia? Why you didn't offer your help to the real victim of SP Setia, our bro wufucheng.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Manthattan,the dim sum restaurant opposite skyloft is call "loon sing"
if you have not been there,should give it a try then.
http://loonsing.com.my/
I will be there if I have guest visiting me,as the environment is more "Atas"and comfortable.A/C
if not I will be causal at coffee shop persianran indah area for dim sum,after that can take
a walk at the morning masa malam of Pasair Pagi Tanman BI.
If it's for guest,I will also birng them to Horizon Hill chinese resturant,if not the better one
are "Yi Jia" or "Fu Shen" at B.I.
However,for sgrean like me,I still pefer street food,haha....

Last edited:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Manthattan,the dim sum restaurant opposite skyloft is call "loon sing"
if you have not been there,should give it a try then.
http://loonsing.com.my/
I will be there if I have guest visiting me,as the environment is more "Atas"and comfortable.A/C
if not I will be causal at coffee shop persianran indah area for dim sum,after that can take
a walk at the morning masa malam of Pasair Pagi Tanman BI.
If it's for guest,I will also birng them to Horizon Hill chinese resturant,if not the better one
are "Yi Jia" or "Fu Shen" at B.I.
However,for sgrean like me,I still pefer street food,haha....

Thanks destansooming for the information. I will definitely try out loonsing. I like to have a mix of atas and street food, part of my journey to get familiar with johor. I tried the thai restaurant on level 2 of aeon, main course and coffee for only rm 9, very reasonably priced.

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Relaxman you are sadly and pathetically wrong again. If we all see you slap an old lady do we condone such behavior? Do u have the guts to tell us what business is it ours to interfere since the old lady is ur mother and we should stand by while we watch u continue slapping and abusing ur own mother?

It's about ethics. You don't go around slagging other developers unless u have hidden agenda. THis is urs and cslong trademark. So don't make stupid remarks again.

Give advice to wufucheng? U saw how he scoffed at funniman helpful advice. Why should any sane person still want to give advice to him?

Don't be naive. The houses ain't gonna collapse any soon. Why don't u just concentrate on ur little fengshui scam and leave us alone.

U called that helpful advise??????
Speechless....................
I think yr england also no no gd hor.............
BTW it's confirm.........NO EARTH CONNECTION to WH Sockets.....:eek::mad::confused:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahh,...first casualty of Setia.
Long long time ago, people all support Setia. Now all shifted to Eco already. So buyers of Setia damn jialat. No service!!!
Walau...now JB market so many, poor quality Setia sure get poor resell value.
Buy that time so damn proud...got high end condo in JB. Tell relatives got JB property. No need to stay in HDB on weekends. Now bang balls nobody know. Suffer alone also cannot tell. Lucky I no chiong, if not 2x Jialat!!

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to rub it in. Skyloft is still a nice apartment, with all the amenities really nearby. Although I don't own one, I will not regret it even if I bought it. Those are just small issues, which are common, just look at the dbss saga recently. The dbss owners paid 3 times the price and see what they are getting.