• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
My well respected funniman. Who is the owner of SP Setia during July 2014? Thanks for confirming the information that PNB really screw up most of the projects started by Tan Sri. Is not about 100% perfect delivery.... is about the quality service after delivery. As i mentioned in many occasion, SP Setia is really lacking of staff. It is further confirmed by our bro wufucheng. Can you understand the statement by our bro wufucheng below?
".................Last Saturday (16 May 15) I called Setia to come and check ASAP (as this is very Serious and Dangerous) but they told me all site supervisors very busy. Can only come next Tuesday (2nd of June)?????????"

Why defence SP Setia? You should give advise and help to fellow forumers who are facing problems with developer in this forum. No point arguing with me, right?

Personal advice:

1. House owner is NOT a electrician. He is not qualified to touch any wires.

2. Water heater does not belong to the developer. Therefore get a qualified electrician to fix it. Even if developer fix its wiring system, the water heater must be installed by technician of the water heater.

3. House owner is trying to DIY. If he need to google, he knows nothing about electricity. He is asking for trouble.

4. If there's anything wrong with the wire connections, the ELCB would have tripped already umpteen times already. Sometimes the whole floor would trip altogether.

5. If the socket is just a normal 13amp socket, it CANNOT be used. Water heater sockets (round pins) must be rated at least 15 to 20 amps. Water heater sockets are specially wired separately direct from the DB where the MCB (minature circuit breakers) must be rated at 30 amps and extra thick wires are used. DO NOT connect water heater to the 13amp (rectangular pin) as it would cause the wiring phase to be unstable and whole house would trip. Even the 13amp socket and wiring contained inside the walls will burn. Then you have to change all the wires as the copper wires already oxidised.

6. If the house is equipped with 415V 3 phase, then it is not so bad. But I think it is a single phase supply system, so better be careful.

Good luck.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personal advice:

2. Water heater does not belong to the developer. Therefore get a qualified electrician to fix it. Even if developer fix its wiring system, the water heater must be installed by technician of the water heater.

3. House owner is trying to DIY. If he need to google, he knows nothing about electricity. He is asking for trouble.

4. If there's anything wrong with the wire connections, the ELCB would have tripped already umpteen times already. Sometimes the whole floor would trip altogether.

5. If the socket is just a normal 13amp socket, it CANNOT be used. Water heater sockets (round pins) must be rated at least 15 to 20 amps. Water heater sockets are specially wired separately direct from the DB where the MCB (minature circuit breakers) must be rated at 30 amps and extra thick wires are used. DO NOT connect water heater to the 13amp (rectangular pin) as it would cause the wiring phase to be unstable and whole house would trip. Even the 13amp socket and wiring contained inside the walls will burn. Then you have to change all the wires as the copper wires already oxidised.

6. If the house is equipped with 415V 3 phase, then it is not so bad. But I think it is a single phase supply system, so better be careful.

Good luck.

Indeed you are different from other trouble makers. Hope your information will be helpful to bro wufucheng. However, i think bro wufucheng must insist to ask developer to rectify this problem if the unit is still under warranty. Once you ask outsider to touch or fix the wiring issue, the warranty will be deem void! Infact, houses from Setia Eco Garden, Miyana type also have such wiring problems. Worst is the staff of SP Setia taking their sweet time when house owner make complaint.... maybe the GLC effect!!

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My well respected funniman. Who is the owner of SP Setia during July 2014? Thanks for confirming the information that PNB really screw up most of the projects started by Tan Sri. Is not about 100% perfect delivery.... is about the quality service after delivery. As i mentioned in many occasion, SP Setia is really lacking of staff. It is further confirmed by our bro wufucheng. Can you understand the statement by our bro wufucheng below?
".................Last Saturday (16 May 15) I called Setia to come and check ASAP (as this is very Serious and Dangerous) but they told me all site supervisors very busy. Can only come next Tuesday (2nd of June)?????????"

Why defence SP Setia? You should give advise and help to fellow forumers who are facing problems with developer in this forum. No point arguing with me, right?

An irresponsible developer! No wonder so many people are trying to sell their Eco Setia Cascadia units. What you have predicted actually makes sense. Obvious reason why people are losing confidence with SP Setia.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I sense that the nick Relaxman will be retired soon as he has been bombarded a lot like cslong and we will have to welcome the new boy in town.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We sure are relaxed you don't have to worry about us. We sure are worried cslong is retired and missing. I am sure you can do something about it right? Bro funniman did praise you for being a smart guy. By the way you are still avoiding the post 1444 question. Take it easy bro. Think about it before you answer.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
We sure are relaxed you don't have to worry about us. We sure are worried cslong is retired and missing. I am sure you can do something about it right? Bro funniman did praise you for being a smart guy. By the way you are still avoiding the post 1444 question. Take it easy bro. Think about it before you answer.

Respect and learn from funniman. He is really in the different league compare to you....

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personal advice:

Good luck.

Hey Funniman,
U r damn funny loh.
U noe me meh?????? Very funni hor?????

1) How do u noe that i am not electrician/technician/engineer?????LOL?????
2) I talking abt EARTH not abt heater n I said i suspect maybe Round Pin Socket not EARTH/GROUNDED, u under-stand tis?????? cos tis will be very dangerous, that's why need them to confirm n update residents who r interested..........
How i suspect, go re-read my post......
3) Who r u to say that i noe nothing abt electri-sity, ya my england no gd hor....
4) If no earth/ground, no trip, u r trying to be sma...hahaha if shorted, only choa-ta...............
5) u think i no no meh..............
6) If u no no, dont say lah, alamah mine 3 phases leh..........

If no noe ppl dont act sma.... can........

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Funniman,
U r damn funny loh.

2) I talking abt EARTH not abt heater n I said i suspect maybe Round Pin Socket not EARTH/GROUNDED, u under-stand tis?????? cos tis will be very dangerous, that's why need them to confirm n update residents who r interested..........
3) Who r u to say that i noe nothing abt electri-sity, ya my england no gd hor....
4) If no earth/ground, no trip, u r trying to be sma...hahaha if shorted, only choa-ta...............

My mistake in offering unwanted personal advice....congrats to your new home. Have a blessed home.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Funniman,
U r damn funny loh.

Bro wufucheng.... funniman and his gang just wanted to protect SP Setia. As i mentioned earlier, SP Setia are very good and perfect to them!! Cannot say anything bad about this developer. Any problem on house defects, is owner sway lor....

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
My mistake in offering unwanted personal advice....congrats to your new home. Have a blessed home.

A strong company will run with or without its CEO. Simply because the organisation structure is in place. It runs in an auto mode. It is self regulating. As I mention, a CEO's job is to charter the company into its future. The present organisation is to maintain its course. SP Setia is in no hurry to name its permanent CEO, as the company is running smoothly. What's the difference apart from just a title? Acting CEO, Permanent CEO, President or Chairman are all the same. The job is the same, the responsibility is the same. They all report to the shareholders.

I think you should also admit mistake by making this overrated statement on SP Setia. You cannot deny that in reality and on ground, SP Setia is having big problem now.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you should also admit mistake by making this overrated statement on SP Setia. You cannot deny that in reality and on ground, SP Setia is having big problem now.

If I make a mistake, I will own up like what I did to bro wufucheng. I have no right to butt into his thread. It is none of my business.

I have no problems in saying in every projects that there will be problems. Check any of my postings, I had never said SP Setia is 100% defect free. I only mentioned SP Setia is financially strong and it will never go bankrupt. In fact, everyone of us is subjected to this nightmare of defects whether it is a local or overseas contractor. Even in London where construction is extremely regulated, we are also subjected to this same defect liability subject.

In JB, everyone is having big problems in constructions. Not enough sub contractors and material supplies is one of them. You also have skill labor problems where every project try to pinch workers from each another. Then you have foreign labor general worker problems and illegal worker problems. Electrical and plumbing problems are normal. Whoever is in charge, they also subcontract to the same Indons and Banglas. They have no control over who is connecting the right wire or not at the working level. There's no way you can check once it is covered with cement. Afterall there's no water or electrical supply to check until the house is completed. By that time it is too late. Rememeber, construction norms in Malaysia is not the same as Singapore.

You must differentiate management problems and operational problems. You cannot generalise SP Setia have problems just because you hear that their workers all run to Eco World. It is natural for the old employees to follow their bosses but that is limited to the management. Operational workers would not much affected as it is the same for all projects. The work is the same, the sub con is the same. You have a chosen a path to attack SP Setia only. Why not Eco Wolrd, IJM or Mah Sing? They also have same problems.

Why target only SP Setia? Is it simply you cannot stand that SP Setia is taken over by PNB by force. You think it is not fair and hope it will fail? You think let those guys do and see how good they are. In the end of the day, we must know where we stand. We are the end customers and we are just house buyers. In the end of the day, the real people who benefit from all these projects are still the same building suppliers, the same sub contractors and the same architect and consultants. We have no control what goes up there and who owes who favor.

I do not owe SP Setia or Eco World any favors. I do not buy anything from them. I do not support anyone of them. I am talking from a unbiased point of view and there''s no vested interest...actually i am a IJMland supporter.

Last edited:

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Relaxman by the way we are still waiting for your reply on post 1444. Don't go asking others to answer questions when you don't even answer this simple question. 300 units or 300 advertisements. ? U better learn from funniman. Or you want to continue your implicit acknowledgement you lied ?? Cr cr cr crickets.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I make a mistake, I will own up like what I did to bro wufucheng. I have no right to butt into his thread. It is none of my business.

I have no problems in saying in every projects that there will be problems. Check any of my postings, I had never said SP Setia is 100% defect free. I only mentioned SP Setia is financially strong and it will never go bankrupt. In fact, everyone of us is subjected to this nightmare of defects whether it is a local or overseas contractor. Even in London where construction is extremely regulated, we are also subjected to this same defect liability subject.

In JB, everyone is having big problems in constructions. Not enough sub contractors and material supplies is one of them. You also have skill labor problems where every project try to pinch workers from each another. Then you have foreign labor general worker problems and illegal worker problems. Electrical and plumbing problems are normal. Whoever is in charge, they also subcontract to the same Indons and Banglas. They have no control over who is connecting the right wire or not at the working level. There's no way you can check once it is covered with cement. Afterall there's no water or electrical supply to check until the house is completed. By that time it is too late. Rememeber, construction norms in Malaysia is not the same as Singapore.

You must differentiate management problems and operational problems. You cannot generalise SP Setia have problems just because you hear that their workers all run to Eco World. It is natural for the old employees to follow their bosses but that is limited to the management. Operational workers would not much affected as it is the same for all projects. The work is the same, the sub con is the same. You have a chosen a path to attack SP Setia only. Why not Eco Wolrd, IJM or Mah Sing? They also have same problems.

Why target only SP Setia? Is it simply you cannot stand that SP Setia is taken over by PNB by force. You think it is not fair and hope it will fail? You think let those guys do and see how good they are. In the end of the day, we must know where we stand. We are the end customers and we are just house buyers. In the end of the day, the real people who benefit from all these projects are still the same building suppliers, the same sub contractors and the same architect and consultants. We have no control what goes up there and who owes who favor.

I do not owe SP Setia or Eco World any favors. I do not buy anything from them. I do not support anyone of them. I am talking from a unbiased point of view and there''s no vested interest...actually i am a IJMland supporter.

You are quite wrong on this. Sorry that i have to correct your bias statement. I will like to point out that management problems and operational problems are closely linked. Management commitment to problem solving, enacted through managers’ communication and engagement practices, can encourage frontline workers to conduct problem solving effectively. Many research have proven that characteristics and managerial behavior affect problem solving behavior among frontline workers.

And for your claim that i am upset due to the hostile take over of SP Setia from PNB, you are right on that but not only me...... i believe all malaysian chineses are upset with this move (if you are not chinese, this statement in not relevant to you). If PNB take over from SP Setia and do a good job, nobody will complain. The problem is PNB do nothing to solve the problems of a leaderless SP Setia. This reminded me of Syed Mohktar take over sugar cane business from Kuok Group...... what happen later? the price of sugar went up!

So, please stop saying people are attacking SP Setia..... SP Setia must buck up and prove to us that they are still a worthy organization. People are obviously losing patient and confidence with them now.......

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are quite wrong on this. Sorry that i have to correct your bias statement. I will like to point out that management problems and operational problems are closely linked. Management commitment to problem solving, enacted through managers’ communication and engagement practices, can encourage frontline workers to conduct problem solving effectively. Many research have proven that characteristics and managerial behavior affect problem solving behavior among frontline workers.

And for your claim that i am upset due to the hostile take over of SP Setia from PNB, you are right on that but not only me...... i believe all malaysian chineses are upset with this move (if you are not chinese, this statement in not relevant to you). If PNB take over from SP Setia and do a good job, nobody will complain. The problem is PNB do nothing to solve the problems of a leaderless SP Setia. This reminded me of Syed Mohktar take over sugar cane business from Kuok Group...... what happen later? the price of sugar went up!

So, please stop saying people are attacking SP Setia..... SP Setia must buck up and prove to us that they are still a worthy organization. People are obviously losing patient and confidence with them now.......

I find the argument very intriguing and couldn't help to offer my 2 cents worth.

I opine that SP Setia's responsibilities lie towards its shareholders and customers. I believe they will also want to look good to their creditors and potential investors. No company exists to please everybody. It can choose its market segment. Whether they perform well or otherwise are for those interested parties I have listed to judge; not the entire Chinese community which I do not think Relaxman can claim to represent, nor Relaxman if he is not among the interested parties. It is a slippery road if we generalise everything. It is difficult to explain rationally the behaviour and deep seated hatred Relaxman has unless he is an aggrieved party, whether for the right or wrong reasons.......................

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find the argument very intriguing and couldn't help to offer my 2 cents worth.

I opine that SP Setia's responsibilities lie towards its shareholders and customers. I believe they will also want to look good to their creditors and potential investors. No company exists to please everybody. It can choose its market segment. Whether they perform well or otherwise are for those interested parties I have listed to judge; not the entire Chinese community which I do not think Relaxman can claim to represent, nor Relaxman if he is not among the interested parties. It is a slippery road if we generalise everything. It is difficult to explain rationally the behaviour and deep seated hatred Relaxman has unless he is an aggrieved party, whether for the right or wrong reasons.......................

Is my mistake to say the entire chinese community are upset of the takeover. I realised this as among some of the forumers here (which i assume as chinese), they sound "happy" over this force takeover of SP Setia by PNB. My apology and i retract this statement.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is my mistake to say the entire chinese community are upset of the takeover. I realised this as among some of the forumers here (which i assume as chinese), they sound "happy" over this force takeover of SP Setia by PNB. My apology and i retract this statement.

There's a saying, "2 wrongs don't make 1 right". If indeed you are an aggrieved party, and whether you believe in the saying, I think there is no justification for vicious and repeated attacks on SP Setia. Whether you did wrong is not for me alone to judge.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Finally the root cause of all these anti sentiments of SP Setia is out.

The truth is Tan Sri Liew invited the Malaysian GLCs to open their door for SP Setia to team up with them. Tan Sri wanted the money and opportunities to be given to them. He is fully aware on the dangers he is courting as a public company which uses public funds and traded on the stock exchange, it can be taken over anytime. If you do not want anyone to take over, then do not list the company. Keep it as a private limited company.
In another words, Tan Sri chose to take this route himself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 14 – Top property developer Tan Sri Liew Kee Sin today punctured the Chinese community’s complaints that it had been treated unfairly by the government, pointing out that Malaysian-Chinese have fared well under pro-Bumiputera policies.

Liew also argued that the increased presence of government-linked companies (GLCs) in the market meant that Chinese businesses would soon have no choice but to tap into Malay expertise and funds if they wished to increase revenues in the future.

“Today, the government has money through GLCs (government-linked companies)... They can buy buildings off you, they can buy your supermarkets, your hypermarkets, you shopping centres from you. That will give you a big source of income,” he said.

“It’s up to us. Do we want to tap into their expertise, financial abilities? Do you want to tap into their so-called connections?”

However, Liew stressed that such Malay-Chinese cooperation required a spirit of give-and-take.

“Before we start asking them to give us more liberal policies... we must also allow them to come to our sector, things that we are good at. If not, this so-called collaboration will not happen. They will not allow us,” he said.

“If we were to say we want to take a bigger pick from this economic cake from under the NEM (New Economic Policy)... we must also learn to give in.

“We must also learn to take a step back. We must also learn how to live with their culture, their mindset.”

He explained that the Malays still feared that the Chinese would “run over them and kill all of them” if they (the Chinese) were not bound by pro-bumiputera policies.

“That is their mindset. Whether it’s inferiority complex or whether it’s upbringing, whether it’s cultural... it is there,” he said.

Liew reminded delegates that it was only pragmatic for Chinese companies to link up with Malay ones as business was all about profit, not politics.

“We’re in business. Our job is to make money,” he said.

“Are we prepared to be a small fish in big market or the big fish in a small market? It’s up to us.”

- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...hinese-thrived-under-nep#sthash.36E2ZSoL.dpuf