• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NYC is cheaper to live in then Sydney.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't they setup shop in China then ? Where the money is?

There is a reason why Amazon is setting up shop in this dreadfully expensive place. Aussies are the only ones left who can afford to spend because we earn Chinese money :smile:

mulvi74

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't believe people would hop on a boat to come to this god foresaken shithole that is australia. Within a year or so they can have my passport and whatever the hell else they want because this country is FUBAR, not to mention bitterly cold, racist, backwards and expensive. Why my father's family decided to leave Singapore for this shithole one can only wonder, but within the next 12 months I will be making the return journey but heading to Malaysia under MM2H. Australia is the arse end of the world and Sydney is like the most expensive enema in the arse end of the world. Fuck this entire country

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't believe people would hop on a PLANE to come to this god of OPPORTUNITY LAND that is australia. Within a CENTURY or so they can have my passport and whatever the hell else they want because this country is FULL OF BENEFITS, not to mention mildly cold, forward and inexpensive. Why my father's family decided to leave Shittyapore for this one can only wonder, but within the next 100 years I will be making the return journey but heading to Malaysia under MM2H. Australia is the HAPPY end of the world and Sydney is like the most INexpensive enema in the HAPPY end of the world. Fuck PREVIOUS entire country :p

Last edited:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you suggest dude? I've been trying very hard to beat the system, it seems viable to just leave and seek for greener land. Sg rejected me :-( Looks like Australia recession is unlikely.. I thought you were right, now I think otherwise hehe

I already told you. It all depends on China. Just wait and see what they do........

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why don't they setup shop in China then ? Where the money is?

They are not getting their priorities right.
All the lies the Chinese elites learn from the western capitalists on "getting some people to be rich first so that they will spread the wealth for the old-hundred-surnames"

Time is running out for China to switch to domestic consumption.

Aussies consumers give Amazon the best margins because of our *a-hem* high domestic prices. Harvey Norman and the high street retailers are spoilt on an average 20% markup.

Last edited:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are not getting their priorities right.
names[/I]"

Time is running out for China to switch to domestic consumption.

Aus markup.

If the Chinese dont stop saving and start spending we are all in serious trouble. Domestic Consumption in China must rise or our financial system will collapse. China's surplus of labor and acceptance of lower living standards is what got the West into trouble in the first place. The surplus is gone, and now they need to spend because the American consumer is tapped out. There are no more growth engines in the world. Its up to the Chinese to consume but what do they do with their money? They save it or buy property. Bastards.

They must begin to consume which will take time, we can probably muddle through another ten years or so, if Japan's Debt to GDP is 200% and the US is 100%, there is time.

Question is how can China's gov't remain legitimate when 1.3 Billion People need or begin western style consumption

somethings got to give here

mulvi74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Western democracy is also flawed in that the brain dead, the retarded, the incapacitated and the useless get a chance to caste a vote. As a result you get a country like Australia, run by complete cretins who sound like they failed in a Kath and Kim audition

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the Chinese dont stop saving and start spending we are all in serious trouble. Domestic Consumption in China must rise or our financial system will collapse. China's surplus of labor and acceptance of lower living standards is what got the West into trouble in the first place. The surplus is gone, and now they need to spend because the American consumer is tapped out. There are no more growth engines in the world. Its up to the Chinese to consume but what do they do with their money? They save it or buy property. Bastards.

They must begin to consume which will take time, we can probably muddle through another ten years or so, if Japan's Debt to GDP is 200% and the US is 100%, there is time.

Question is how can China's gov't remain legitimate when 1.3 Billion People need or begin western style consumption

somethings got to give here

What I understand.

The average income per capita is around $4000 but the Chinese still export $400bil of their savings each year.

Also, a Queenlander said the Chinese demand for coal went from 24% to 50% of world supply over the past 20 years.

To understand how OZ, Canada, Brasil and S Africa become winners in China's GFC stimulus, look at the scale of what China did, pumping in a massive $2.6tri into her $4.5tri economy in 2010. Some people think the Chinese have accumulated credit of 140-170% just to restart growth after their own devastating GFC fallout.

When the property and tie-gong-li* capex bubble burst, the rest of the world will cry, everyone seems to hope China will continue to pick up the slack in growth.

By the way, funding for investing in all these come from loans used to purchase commodities, vendor financing, etc and second, third and fourth loans are obtained from these warehousing receipts and "assets".

Americans know that they cannot depend on Chinese consumers and are trying to create perpetual loans. Yes, loans that never need to be repaid, thanks to the dollar hegemony.

But the Chinese will survive, if they do the right thing and redistribute their resources properly. The changeover of their leaders appears to be delayed.

* railways, roads and airports

I combined a quote from a doctor and an economist and came up with this. "No growth is perpetual, because we have no new Earth to grow into, and we have only discovered one perpetual growth, and that is a cancer growth "

--> Forgot to conclude earlier.
China will probably not able to command a lot of domestic consumption demand because their good party comrades have spent all the future money. Just like Japan, USA and Europe, too indebted with bad debts.

Western democracy is also flawed in that the brain dead, the retarded, the incapacitated and the useless get a chance to caste a vote. As a result you get a country like Australia, run by complete cretins who sound like they failed in a Kath and Kim audition

If you think about it, it is all about greedy people making use of various systems, not just western democracies. Just that in western democracies, you can see the problems, but no solution. In places like China or Singapore, even the problems are hidden. So, there is no solutions.
Can you suggest a better system?

Last edited: