• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sharing your personal experience commuting/living in JB, Johore and MY at large

Joetoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [FR] My 2nd day staying in JB and working in Singapore...

hi LGLab,

I stay in Horizon Hills, work in Toa Payoh,
working hours 8:30am to 6pm
Do you think we can carpool so save cost?

macbookair

Alfrescian
Loyal

just a quick sharing

We shifted to HH gateway overthe weekend (tedious process!!).

YEsterday, due to the power failure in Gateway= need to open window and hence mozzies attack, we left HH at 4plus in morning and of cos cleared the 1st link in no time to get to my parents and slept another 1-2 hrs.
drove back thru 2nd link at abt 545pm. No jam.

This morning , i drove my car with 3 kids using the 1st link.

woke up at 500
LEft HH at 530.
pumped petrol at petronas outside B indah departed at 545.
reached custom 557.
cleared singapore custom 626.
dropped my youngest in woodlands at my parents 640.
dropped 2nd kid at amk 655.
dropped eldest in bedok at 720.

MY wife who drove another car cleared customs at abt the same time.
Reached Tampines at abt 645am.

like to check with experienced bros/sis, whether 6 am is the "cut off" point if i need to reach Bedok by 730am.
IF my wife leave HH at 6 pump petrol , will she be able to reach Tampines at abt 7?
How much later can we leave HH if we use 2nd link?

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can give a daily breakdown of the average time taken to clear causeway on weekdays for those traveling into SG in the morning and back to JB in the evenings?

What's the best strategy?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

just a quick sharing

We shifted to HH gateway overthe weekend (tedious process!!).

YEsterday, due to the power failure in Gateway= need to open window and hence mozzies attack, we left HH at 4plus in morning and of cos cleared the 1st link in no time to get to my parents and slept another 1-2 hrs.
drove back thru 2nd link at abt 545pm. No jam.

This morning , i drove my car with 3 kids using the 1st link.

woke up at 500
LEft HH at 530.
pumped petrol at petronas outside B indah departed at 545.
reached custom 557.
cleared singapore custom 626.
dropped my youngest in woodlands at my parents 640.
dropped 2nd kid at amk 655.
dropped eldest in bedok at 720.

MY wife who drove another car cleared customs at abt the same time.
Reached Tampines at abt 645am.

like to check with experienced bros/sis, whether 6 am is the "cut off" point if i need to reach Bedok by 730am.
IF my wife leave HH at 6 pump petrol , will she be able to reach Tampines at abt 7?
How much later can we leave HH if we use 2nd link?

Why cant pump petrol the night before , can save at least 10mins of precious mornining hour . Hat off to u bro , u got a axe to grind .

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can give a daily breakdown of the average time taken to clear causeway on weekdays for those traveling into SG in the morning and back to JB in the evenings?

Best stategy is write to LTA asking them to explain why MY CIQ no jam , but SG CIQ been best in the world , can jam for a few kilometers most of the days ? Is it because the Minister of tpt pay too low ?

This morning , when I reach 2nd link JB CIQ , only got one car in front of me , but on reaching SG CIQ , the jam is about 2KM at least . How is it possible ?

macbookair

Alfrescian
Loyal

oh yes we pump when we are coming back to HH now, so can go out 15 mins later in morning.

after 1 month , we are prepared for min half hour- 40 mins to clear both sides if after 6am . But we will try to reach jb ciq before 6 or even 545 so that wun be stuck on the bridge for more than 20 mins.

fastest record was my wife reached tampines at 620 am and i reached bedok after woodlands then AMK at about 705.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best stategy is write to LTA asking them to explain why MY CIQ no jam , but SG CIQ been best in the world , can jam for a few kilometers most of the days ? Is it because the Minister of tpt pay too low ?

This morning , when I reach 2nd link JB CIQ , only got one car in front of me , but on reaching SG CIQ , the jam is about 2KM at least . How is it possible ?

Actually on sundays, the jam is at the MY CIQ side for causeway, while SG CIQ no jam. I believe the reason is because for weekdays morning, most of the drivers are malaysians. Hence they can clear MY CIQ faster, but stuck at SG CIQ. Conversely on sunday nights, as most of the drivers are SG, the jam is at MY CIQ while SG CIQ is smooth..... Does this theory of mine make sense? Haha....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

45 mins to clear both sides I think, but that excludes the busier Monday morning and Friday night. Strategy wise, I see no great strategy for 1st link, having used it for more than 5 years on weekends and occasional weekdays.

If you can wait till 10 pm to go into JB, you can cut in from the Old Woodlands Centre area. But have to wait till 10 pm leh....

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually on sundays, the jam is at the MY CIQ side for causeway, while SG CIQ no jam. I believe the reason is because for weekdays morning, most of the drivers are malaysians. Hence they can clear MY CIQ faster, but stuck at SG CIQ. Conversely on sunday nights, as most of the drivers are SG, the jam is at MY CIQ while SG CIQ is smooth..... Does this theory of mine make sense? Haha....

Bro , the real reason is something the SG gov dont want us to know . That is why we all keep guessing , haha

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
RedsYNWA said:

Makes sense :smile:

blacknyellow

Hello guys,

I am looking for a space in someone's car.

anyone looking to do car pooling from East Ledang going into 2nd link at Tuas?

I work in the CBD, but happy to go to Joo Koon on MRT.

Please PM me.

Thanks.

BNY

Benzmerc

Alfrescian
Loyal

So nice to see another lady in this forum. Good morning.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thousands of malaysians are clamouring to come into sinkipore to work everyday bec of the exchange rate. You want to join them? What cheapskates. At least you retired, it's cool, but you are still working with sch going kids. What colossal cheapskates u are???!! Lol

Munas

Hi everyone.
Need some urgent serious help. Read many contradicting articles online so best I ask those who are doing it so now. Most articles are outdated as well.

I will be moving to JB and working in Singapore.
Daughters will be in Singapore school, morning session, so I must be at their Singapore school by 7.30am Mon-Fri
Without traffic, it took me 45mins from East Ledang to her primary school.

But I need to know what time should we leave home in order to avoid traffic.
I rather leave earlier and then hang out somewhere in Singapore doing something than to be stuck in traffic.

I left 630am and we arrived 8.00am and another day arrived 8.30am

Someone told me in order to totally avoid any traffic jam at the immigration, to leave home at 4am!
is this right?

Also, how does someone from Singapore living in JB get a full-time live in housemaid?
To apply for a housemaid in Malaysia, you need a Malaysia work visa, but mine's Singapore.
To apply for a housemaid in Singapore, can the maid go in and out of SG-JB-SG using the MACS card like us?

Hope someone can truly help me out here. Thanks

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello guys,

I am looking for a space in someone's car.

anyone looking to do car pooling from East Ledang going into 2nd link at Tuas?

I work in the CBD, but happy to go to Joo Koon on MRT.

Please PM me.

Thanks.

BNY

May I know what is the usual rate charged for 1 way and 2 ways carpool from JB to Sg?