• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why put our future in Foreigners?? Isn't that too much to risk in such a :gamble"?

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have heard the pappies say that we NEED FTs.. for quite a number of reasons.. and the one reason I can't seem to get a logical equation to is that - "Sporeans will face a silver tsunami soon and we need foreigners to... (blah blah blah)"

So in maybe 20 or 30 or maybe 40 years time (I read that they estimate at maybe 2050), most Sporeans will be aged like maybe 50 and above (correct me if I am wrong here.. I find articles until headache).. and without foreigners to come in, we might face shortage in labour and etc etc etc.

Is this really a future that will DEFINITELY happen? Labour shortage? But isn't the govt encouraging the companies to re-employ their workers after they reach retirement age? With all the call of upgrade and re-learning and all by the govt and ministries and all.. why do they paint the future so bleak?

If we really need quite a number of foreigners in that span of time (20-30+ years), why are we allowing so many in NOW?!! To train them to be ready when the silver tsunami actually happens? Or to let them get settled nice and comfy so they will be more willing to serve the silver tsunami.. cos I bet the healthcare svcs will need them.. and other svcs in industries that cater to elderly ppl.

But here are my questions... why put our future on FOREIGNERS? Why not think of ways to make ourselves more self-reliant??
Does anyone believe that the foreigners will stay to serve our silver tsunami.. once they haf earned their "fill" and also gained the experience and knowledge from their training and work stints here?
Who is to guarantee that they will not leave for better pay, better living conditions etc etc?
Who is to say they will not take advantage of the situation and raise their expectations cos they are NEEDEd?

I have mre questions.. but it will take at least 3 pages for me to finish what I have to ask.. just let me ask the govt one mre..
is there no other alternative than to put our future in the hands of foreigners? Isn't that a big gamble? I mean.. with all the "talents" in the govt and ministries and all.. THIS IS THE ONLY SOLUTION YOU CAN COME UP WITH?!!

I don't know about anyone else, but I have doubts on their "loyalty", since they are not born here.. and probably not want to serve NS or allow their sons to go thru NS.. what makes u think they have such a big stake in SG? The fact that they left their own country to look for jobs shows that they go anywhere for better opportunities.. if they come here and got office jobs instead of maids or bartenders and not nursing or healthcare.. do you think they will want to switch?

I can bet anyone, that by putting so much "hope" on foreigners is tantamount to putting all our "eggs in one basket".. should anything happen.. all goes bust! Then where does the blame go? FTs? Or the ppl who said we need them in the first place?

I have nvr really heard pappies come out and say that their policies were wrong and they made mistakes.. I dun recall them coming out to say the "stop at 2" was a bad idea.. I dun remember them saying "the mre babies from grad couples" was not well thought out..there is a lesson for all to learn.. "dun say a word if something wrong happens".. seems to be the motto.

Dare we RISK our future like this? I shudder to think if ppl dun realize that the reasons given seems to be very very flawed.
?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why put our future in Foreigners?? Isn't that too much to risk in such a :gamble

Singapore's past and present have always been about foreigners. The Singapore success story is not a Singaporean success story. :rolleyes:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why put our future in Foreigners?? Isn't that too much to risk in such a :gamble

Don't blame govt. Go blame yourself

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

What about 30 years down the road.. Do we need to bring in even more foreigners to support those that we bring in now (Golden? Revolution)... Its going to be a never ending cycle :*:

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore's past and present have always been about foreigners. The Singapore success story is not a Singaporean success story. :rolleyes:

Granted that your point is true about our past, immigrants from all over came and established Sg as their home. Present.. I am not so sure.

If we look at the past, immigrants came here b4 SG became an independent nation, for the scores who stayed and contributed to what it has become, I believe we won't deny them their rightful share of the fruits of their labour.

However, there are those who have also left.. whether b4 SG became what it is today, or in the process.. or even when it has already become.. Do we deny their contributions, whether it be big or small?

But if we compare the past with the present and future, we haf to factor the mobility of people across continents and countries. In the past, travelling from one country to another usually is via the sea.. and it is very dangerous.. storms, pirates, sickness etc etc. If one made it to another land.. they probably won't even consider going anywhere soon.. unless there is war or famine or some serious circumstances that required immediate action.

And if we compare the past, jobs I would beileve were not too scarce for the willing immigrants, from koolies at the docks or construction sites, and for the better educated, even teaching could be gotten as long as they demonstrated they can read and write.. in Chinese that is. If you were educated in English.. well.. I don't have to say mre.

Now.. look at the present.. mobility between countries.. is easy.. Budget airlines has made it even more affordable for most. And because English is a almost a common medium of communication, ppl from countries which speak quite ok in that language can be gungho to go to countries and just try their luck. The whole picture is so different from the past.. we can't just say it is still the same any more.

Yes, I agree that before SG became a nation, the ppl in SG were mostly immigrants.. who came all the way here from China, India or wherever, to strike it out.. whether it's bcos of war at their home country, or famine or lack of jobs, it really doesn't matter for those who have stayed until now are already Singapore Citizens. (unless they still decide to remain PRs).

But for the present, as a nation.. that is still young as compared to the rest of the world.. we are still learning how to become a more inclusive society amongst ourselves (I mean Sporeans), from the handicapped, the less well-off, the various races.. we are still "learning to get along". As such, do we need so many foreigners here to compete with us for the jobs that SG has? Shouldn't we have some sort of control where we can SEE how many jobs goes to foreigners, and how many companies employs how many foreigners..?? Then make a clear decision on how to work things out?

I mean, instead of just stating that "we need foreigners", is there no other way?

The past should be remembered, but we shouldn't confuse it with the present and muddle it with the future. If we can't distinguish what happened in the past, and see that in many areas there isn't much similarities with the present.. or maybe even the future.. then we are only deceiving ourselves.

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal

What about 30 years down the road.. Do we need to bring in even more foreigners to support those that we bring in now (Golden? Revolution)... Its going to be a never ending cycle :*:

Yeah bro.. i shudder to think on that.. too scary liao

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't blame govt. Go blame yourself

When you lose your job to an FT one day, then don't blame the Govt.. Blame yourself for being a Fucktard in voting for the PAP..

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Foreigners are not allowed to vote, no matter how unhappy they are with the pappies govt.
2. The pappies govt will not be pressurised to provide welfare for foreigners, no matter how poor they are.
3. Once they got no job for more than 6mths, they have to live sinkieland. Thus getting rid of them since they
do not contribute to the economy.

The above 3 factors are enough for pappies to choose them over sinkies.
In fact, it doesn't matter if all the working population are foreigners, since their only concern
is GDP growth.
And in fact, to put the future in sinkies hand is even more risky a gamble for them,
since sinkies may vote them out one day, or attempting to raid the country's coffers, thus
denying them of their multi-million salaries.

The only usefulness of sinkies to them, is free NS slavery labour.
A wayang act to show sinkieland has defense and so that the pappies can sleep peacefully at nite.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

When you lose your job to an FT one day, then don't blame the Govt.. Blame yourself for being a Fucktard in voting for the PAP.. [/SIZE]

I will never be fired cos I own mu biz.
Here's an advice for you. when you go to work, be nice to people, don't geng siao geng pi. Do your job with excellence and make sure you are so skilled and knowledgable that no one dares replace you.

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Foreigners are not allowed to vote, no matter how unhappy they are with the pappies govt.
2. The pappies govt will not be pressurised to provide welfare for foreigners, no matter how poor they are.
3. Once they got no job for more than 6mths, they have to live sinkieland. Thus getting rid of them since they
do not contribute to the economy.

The above 3 factors are enough for pappies to choose them over sinkies.
In fact, it doesn't matter if all the working population are foreigners, since their only concern
is GDP growth.
And in fact, to put the future in sinkies hand is even more risky a gamble for them,
since sinkies may vote them out one day, or attempting to raid the country's coffers, thus
denying them of their multi-million salaries.

The only usefulness of sinkies to them, is free NS slavery labour.
A wayang act to show sinkieland has defense and so that the pappies can sleep peacefully at nite.

Good insight and analysis on how pappies think. It clears up some questions I had b4.. I dino alot of foreigners regulations and wat nots.

But.. my question, bro.. was for Sporeans.. the sinkies who are still dreamming and unawares of the dangers that are already present.

To be very honest, I dun care abt pappies anymore.. I haf since lost any hope in them of helping and actually serving the voters that put them in office.. they really sold us out!!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Here's an advice for you. when you go to work, be nice to people, don't geng siao geng pi. Do your job with excellence and make sure you are so skilled and knowledgable that no one dares replace you.

Thanks for your kind advice Kinana.. I'm generally nice to my staff under my charge.. All of them are local Sporeans.. There's this mutual respect between us since we practised a give and take policy with one another.. For your info, I did terminated the job contracts of 3 Pinoys fucktards in the past.. And I'm proud to say I did my part as a Sporean in eliminating these idiotic foreign trash in my company..:biggrin:

Good to hear that you are your own boss.. Just curious.. Do you employ Ah Neh FTs in your company? Just be careful hor.. These FT Ah Nehs are notorious for their slippery ways.. Don't say I never warn you when your business goin south one day.. :biggrin: Wish you well in your bizness..

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal

When you lose your job to an FT one day, then don't blame the Govt.. Blame yourself for being a Fucktard in voting for the PAP..

Bro Zeddy, dun bother wif dis waste of time fella la.. no substance and duno wat he/she is writing about.. only noes how to unkat pappies
talk is cheap when they dun feel the pain and hardship that all affected Sporeans feel.. Chinese saying goes, "zi shang tan ping" loosely translated as "discussing war strategies on paper" = waste of time cos got no real experience and substance... surely can't hold it when tested in real battle.

jw5

Loyal

Good to hear that you are your own boss.. Just curious.. Do you employ Ah Neh FTs in your company?

There's one in him now.

Old joke. :biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro Zeddy, dun bother wif dis waste of time fella la.. no substance and duno wat he/she is writing about.. only noes how to unkat pappies
talk is cheap when they dun feel the pain and hardship that all affected Sporeans feel.. Chinese saying goes, "zi shang tan ping" loosely translated as "discussing war strategies on paper" = waste of time cos got no real experience and substance... surely can't hold it when tested in real battle.

No worries Bro.. Kinana don't feel the pain of normal Sporeans.. The only pain he feels is when he's busy shoving the trusted cucumber up his arse.. :biggrin:

There's one in him now.

Old joke. :biggrin:

Engaging with Kinana can be fun at times..:biggrin:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for your kind advice Kinana.. I'm generally nice to my staff under my charge.. All of them are local Sporeans.. There's this mutual respect between us since we practised a give and take policy with one another.. For your info, I did terminated the job contracts of 3 Pinoys fucktards in the past.. And I'm proud to say I did my part as a Sporean in eliminating these idiotic foreign trash in my company..:biggrin:

Good to hear that you are your own boss.. Just curious.. Do you employ Ah Neh FTs in your company? Just be careful hor.. These FT Ah Nehs are notorious for their slippery ways.. Don't say I never warn you when your business goin south one day.. :biggrin: Wish you well in your bizness..

I don't like to hire foreigners but sometimes no choice la.
I generally don't like ah nehs and pinoys.
Singkies are not necessarily nice either. Its all very individual.
I like ah tiongs best. Best attitude.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't like to hire foreigners but sometimes no choice la.
I generally don't like ah nehs and pinoys.
Singkies are not necessarily nice either. Its all very individual.
I like ah tiongs best. Best attitude.

But you told me in PM that you LOVE Ah Nehs and also love go Desker road leh.....

Cheers ! :biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah lah Kinana...u own yr own security biz...hope u got a few crumbs fm yr pap masters after all the groveling n arse licking...

ksgd0717

Alfrescian
Loyal

ho lang put tongue pink.

Last edited: