• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Tropika community

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi all,

Good day....

i am a newbie. Just bought a "GLITZ" cluster house...just wondering anyone bought the same series as me.....

Is ther any interesting news to share?

Regards
Jader..
hi Jader, i bought d Lourve last week...same neighbourhood! dun mind how did u pay for d glitch?

JaderMav

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Stevewish..
I'm just signed the loan agreeement on last saturday..

I'm go for setia tropica property due to my in-law stay at Kempas....

May i know yr lot number?

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Stevewish..
I'm just signed the loan agreeement on last saturday..

I'm go for setia tropica property due to my in-law stay at Kempas....

May i know yr lot number?

Sorry, can't recall the exact lot number, need to retrieve the document to check. Mine is center last row, further away from guard post entrance, unblock facing field but lowest ground. Yours is phase 2 or bumi lot fr phase 1? How many still avail?

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is still new property launch in ST?

No, these are launched many months back. From my understandings, Setia will not build terraces house anymore. Probably bigger cluster houses.

BTW, how is your reno? done up or still progressing at own sweet time?

Last edited:

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess not much of an issues but rather just the service quality.

They sent me a letter dated 17th Aug but the envelope date stamp was 28th Aug. Of which I made the payment on 7th September and they called me yesterday asking me for my payments..... and they say they are not able to retrieve anything cos they have many many payments coming in from Singapore everyday.

And so wat am I supposed to do?????? It took them 2 months to call me for my payments ....

Nonetheless I had spoken to the agent in Singapore office and ask them to help me resolve the issues and ask them to check again after giving them the details of the remittance with raffles money changer.

Last edited:

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Stevewish,

my case didnt went through, rejected by malaysia government without any reasons, but after further search by my law firm, they found out due to undervalued(lesser than RM500K). now the agent is advertising for the seller again at RM600K, i think agent does not know the reason and keep on wasting and misleading seller's time.

Last edited:

JaderMav

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Stevewish,

i'm not quite sure my lot is phase2 or phase 1....is international lot...

May be still have 30%...i guess...

Mine is near guard post entrance....second rows from left...

Have a good day..

Regards
Jader

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I believe most recent ST buyers bought here instead of nusajaya area is bcos of d EDL direct to woodlands custom. Agree?

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe most recent ST buyers bought here instead of nusajaya area is bcos of d EDL direct to woodlands custom. Agree?

i think so.

but i can see prob in future soon for that EXL....

1) surrounding tamans too many, all the mature tamans at tebrau (molek, pelangi indah, desa tebrau, johor jaya, ulu tiram, desa cermelang, daya, setia indah, mount austin, adda height, data oon, setia eco cascadia etc.. all will be using the highway to city areas/sg), permas area (permas, megah riah, senibong cove, bandar seri alam etc...), sentosa area (pelangi, seri tebrau, sentosa, stulang laut etc) all will be using the highway...

now a lot of new houses still continue to launch at these area, and yet to finish construction yet.. i can say personal experience, morning time (6am to 8am) going down to town/sg via EDL the traffic is already very heavy, alot of road users hogging the road, includes motorcylist, basically two lanes used by motors, one lane left for car that's the normal situation now... ideally from setia tropika to sg, correct 10mins, but in real, 10mins is difficult... due to the heavy traffic now... during peak hours, a lot of lorries etc also using the highway to go in sg...

now during certain day which traffic is even heavier one such as friday, u can see long queue to go in sg built up...

if you are not exit from sg to EXL, or instead go via pelangi that entrance, (behind stulang laut), it is terrible during peak hour (jam + long waiting traffic light) minimum (i am talking abt minimum) 10 to 15mins before you can even exit to EXL....

2) To add on, due to the lousy design of the highway, merging road from taman to highway main road, i can say it is bloodly dangerous, such as exit to bandaraya are merging with pelangi exit to sg, since car queue to sg is long, during the peak hour timing, u can see the queue had been blocking ppl who want to exit to bandaraya on the left... while pelangi exit ppl to sg trying to cut in to main lanes to sg... which cause traffic jam...
now already jam not to say abt in future..EXL the highway due to the land is limited, you can see the lanes is narrow, and drive path for merging is combined and short which cause a lot of dangerous.. at pandan exit same prob happened as well...

3) north south highway leading to setia tropika especially during knock off timing also heavy traffic, so it slow down a lot as well... 10mins again is ideal time providing no car.... but due to the lousy design of highway, i can forsee in long it will face similar prob tebrau 'highway' currently to become sloway soon... last friday i can see a lot of more ppl probably going hometown KL etc, you can see jam built much earlier even before passing pandan exit already... in long run especially during holiday period, because EXL link to north south highway..you will likely to see more and more jam...

4) talking abt tebrau or even kempas area, to go any other area of johor the fastest way is to go via pasir gudang highway, but that's the "highway" famous for jam even during weekend like sunday... so accessibility to other areas of johor i can say is quite bad...you will definitely much much more time as expected...

5) traffic lights around the area also a lot... which contribute to the increase of travel time too..

6) kempas or tebrau are not within the development of iskandar project despite they are within the iskandar area... focus you can see is at nusajaya, in terms of property appreciation i can say it is quite limited...

7) kempas is known as locals (Bxxx) community, up to personal preference on this..

Compare to new development at nusajaya, i would rather invest at nusajaya area which tranport is convenient link to all major highways, equal distance from both 1st link and 2nd link... (have a choice to avoid jam at 1st link), travel time must lesser even from 1st link (from CIQ to nusajaya area such as bukit indah/horizon hill) via danga bay highway and coastal highway, 10min++ even during peak hour evening knock off, and thanks to the nice design and wider and more comfortable road of coastal highway), it is safer and totally no jam (at least as of now, nobody will know the situation in future, but i can say due to the better design of the highway, jam also won't be jialat like EXL)...

i am very sure it is much faster to go nusajaya from 1st link even compare to EXL to tropkia during peak hour...(personal experience)

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusajaya is still in developing stages so it may too early to see.
The heavy jam is partially caused by the "super" convenience to JB city, Singapore and NS-highway. The only solution put a toll to reduce and divert the traffic, of course not at the custom side in the earlier proposal:smile:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no escaping that traffic will be a problem, especially during peak hours in popular developments. Don't want traffic problems? Then better choose a remote area far far away from the city. Hehehe... You gotta weigh your priorities, mature development vs up and coming ones which may take a considerable time to live up to its promises. Unless you are a young person who has the luxury of time, one might be better off choosing an area which most amenities are already in place. An old pakcik from Sg once told me, "I want to spend my hard earned money/cpf on something that I can enjoy straight away, I cannot afford to wait for promises to be fulfilled, by then I may not around anymore.... that is if the promisese are fulfilled at all....

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusajaya is still in developing stages so it may too early to see.
The heavy jam is partially caused by the "super" convenience to JB city, Singapore and NS-highway. The only solution put a toll to reduce and divert the traffic, of course not at the custom side in the earlier proposal:smile:

nusajaya area whether will jam or not it is unknown indeed..but tebrau area already can see the jam...
given me to choose, i will definitely choose something that i cannot see yet, at least there are still years to enjoy, instead of suffering from the starts...

if buying a house at tropika is becos of the convenience of EXL, if need to pay toll, basically the advantage is gone, coastal highway is free, EXL need to pay? if me the choice is obvious, not to say from tebrau area/kempas area, fastest way to nusajaya is via pasir gudang -> perling toll, again perling toll is not free....so what are the advantages of staying there?

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
jam - as i mentioned above... one already jam vs one no jam at all currently...

development or amenities, frankly speaking looking at bukit indah or skudai - sutera area, i can say in terms of amenities i dun see in what way tropika is better than nusajaya area? currently the amenities at tropika is limited which you need to drive min 10mins or more to get to shopping mall such as tebrau city or jusco, giant, tesco etc...

lakeview

Alfrescian
Loyal
jam - as i mentioned above... one already jam vs one no jam at all currently...

development or amenities, frankly speaking looking at bukit indah or skudai - sutera area, i can say in terms of amenities i dun see in what way tropika is better than nusajaya area? currently the amenities at tropika is limited which you need to drive min 10mins or more to get to shopping mall such as tebrau city or jusco, giant, tesco etc...

Cassdia, i believe you are now looking for houses in JB, wait till you settle down on which development then you come here to make comment on Tropika thread.