• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Tropika community

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can try Thomas from Hong Leong +60197296019. He helped me to apply loan for my Setia property, drove me to their branch to open bank account for my Setia property. Good service, nice chap. I don't get any referral fees, just want to help :smile:

Tonto - I just spoke to him, he is very proactive! Sending docs to him and hopefully he can give an answer within a week as he promised. Thanks for the recommendation!

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tonto - I just spoke to him, he is very proactive! Sending docs to him and hopefully he can give an answer within a week as he promised. Thanks for the recommendation!

I think Hong Leong likely to offer a loan earlier than other banks if you submit together at the same time. This is for my case. As mentioned, some banks require a lot of info eg Public , Maybank takes own sweet time ..

Hi Tonto, you bought Narvitz resort villa?

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Hong Leong likely to offer a loan earlier than other banks if you submit together at the same time. This is for my case. As mentioned, some banks require a lot of info eg Public , Maybank takes own sweet time ..

Hi Tonto, you bought Narvitz resort villa?

I wish. I think strike toto also must think coz its alot of dough :smile: Mine is the humble Cadenza at BI. My experience with Hong Leong was similar to what you said. I approached three banks, Maybank, HL and a third bank (could be AMbank, can't recall coz never they came back with reply) for a loan. HL came back fastest with lowest rate. Maybank rate not so good and they are not as fast.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish. I think strike toto also must think coz its alot of dough :smile: Mine is the humble Cadenza at BI. My experience with Hong Leong was similar to what you said. I approached three banks, Maybank, HL and a third bank (could be AMbank, can't recall coz never they came back with reply) for a loan. HL came back fastest with lowest rate. Maybank rate not so good and they are not as fast.

Narvitz resort villa land area 70" X 120" is very BIG :eek: I think it is more worth it than semi-D base on the price versus area.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Did you manage to secure your loan with Hong Leong?

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you manage to secure your loan with Hong Leong?

Hi,

They made an offer but in the end we decided to go with Public Bank. To be honest, it was a neck-to-neck between Public Bank and Hong Leong. Maybank was out of the race because they put in so much clause and was unwilling to negotiate. Public Bank and Hong Leong in the gave us the tenure we wanted but HL wanted us to put in a certain amount in FD for a year while Public Bank didn't. Considering the offer was very similar we decided to go with PB in the end bec it means we didn't have to park our cash in FD.

But Thomas is very responsive and hardworking so I will not hesitate to recommend him if anyone asked :smile:

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

They made an offer but in the end we decided to go with Public Bank. To be honest, it was a neck-to-neck between Public Bank and Hong Leong. Maybank was out of the race because they put in so much clause and was unwilling to negotiate. Public Bank and Hong Leong in the gave us the tenure we wanted but HL wanted us to put in a certain amount in FD for a year while Public Bank didn't. Considering the offer was very similar we decided to go with PB in the end bec it means we didn't have to park our cash in FD.

But Thomas is very responsive and hardworking so I will not hesitate to recommend him if anyone asked :smile:

Glad you managed to get your loan. Its strange that HL asked for FD. Maybe they are more conservative considering your house quantum is high, so will the loan amount. My loan kacang puteh so no need FD ha ha. I know they have this current account whereby if I put say RM100,000 into it, I get to save interest on RM100,000 of my home loan. Now you just need to wait for your house to be built (BIG house he he) :p

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad you managed to get your loan. Its strange that HL asked for FD. Maybe they are more conservative considering your house quantum is high, so will the loan amount. My loan kacang puteh so no need FD ha ha. I know they have this current account whereby if I put say RM100,000 into it, I get to save interest on RM100,000 of my home loan. Now you just need to wait for your house to be built (BIG house he he) :p

We got the flexi loan as well - where the interest in the current account will be used to pay off the loan interest. This seems to be the latest trend now... Yeah, it is a big house but there will be two families staying - my family of 5 and my SIL's family of 5. So actually it works out well for us bec the two families will put our condos for rent and a conservative estimated rentals would be more than enough to pay for the house mortgage. That made perfect sense for us and made the decision so much easier. We are so looking forward to it :biggrin:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
We got the flexi loan as well - where the interest in the current account will be used to pay off the loan interest. This seems to be the latest trend now... Yeah, it is a big house but there will be two families staying - my family of 5 and my SIL's family of 5. So actually it works out well for us bec the two families will put our condos for rent and a conservative estimated rentals would be more than enough to pay for the house mortgage. That made perfect sense for us and made the decision so much easier. We are so looking forward to it :biggrin:

Like olden days where three generations of family and extended family lived in a big bungalow. Economies of scale :wink:

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like olden days where three generations of family and extended family lived in a big bungalow. Economies of scale :wink:

So true! We would never be able to afford a bungalow in Singapore so why not cross the border, enjoy the lifestyle that comes with cheaper cost of living? But of course, living together would mean adjusting and getting used to each other's habits but since both families are easy-going, we think it might be manageable. And the house is big, so if anyone needs their "alone" time, there'll be a quiet corner somewhere.

My next thing to do is to find an international school for my and SIL's youngest girls. They are of the same age and we both think they might benefit from going to an international school after their PSLE. We will have to do some school visits but hope to do so early next year.

For now, it's EXAM time for all kids and their mums :*:

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
So true! We would never be able to afford a bungalow in Singapore so why not cross the border, enjoy the lifestyle that comes with cheaper cost of living? But of course, living together would mean adjusting and getting used to each other's habits but since both families are easy-going, we think it might be manageable. And the house is big, so if anyone needs their "alone" time, there'll be a quiet corner somewhere.

My next thing to do is to find an international school for my and SIL's youngest girls. They are of the same age and we both think they might benefit from going to an international school after their PSLE. We will have to do some school visits but hope to do so early next year.

For now, it's EXAM time for all kids and their mums :*:

There is a piece of land allocated within ST to build international school. Currently, Tenby International School at Setia Eco Gardens is open for registration, but it is far from Tropika.

To myself, my house is considered very big but it is just 1/3 of yours. Can't imagine how big is yours, it 'll take days to do clean up.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a piece of land allocated within ST to build international school. Currently, Tenby International School at Setia Eco Gardens is open for registration, but it is far from Tropika.

To myself, my house is considered very big but it is just 1/3 of yours. Can't imagine how big is yours, it 'll take days to do clean up.

Many hands make light work. We'll have 6 kids with so much energy in the house, I'll channel their energy into cleaning toilets etc etc :biggrin:

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.austinheights.edu.my/index.html
U can bookmark tis 1 as well, not out of yr range.
@east, seri alam, some maybe ready by then. :biggrin:

Thanks, Potter!

We signed our S&P agreement last weekend. The lawyer had four copies of EVERYTHING and we had to initial on every page. Felt like a superstar giving out my autograph...hahaha. Our dream is slowly becoming reality. The kids are so very excited and so are we.

I am learning so much from everyone on this board so thank you for sharing what you know. I hope to be able to pay it forward when I gain some knowledge/experience of my own.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, Potter!

We signed our S&P agreement last weekend. The lawyer had four copies of EVERYTHING and we had to initial on every page. Felt like a superstar giving out my autograph...hahaha. Our dream is slowly becoming reality. The kids are so very excited and so are we.

I am learning so much from everyone on this board so thank you for sharing what you know. I hope to be able to pay it forward when I gain some knowledge/experience of my own.

Congratulations!!!
Do remember to give back to e society... poors can be found @ our blindspot..:biggrin:

JaderMav

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Good day....

i am a newbie. Just bought a "GLITZ" cluster house...just wondering anyone bought the same series as me.....

Is ther any interesting news to share?

Regards
Jader..

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Good day....

i am a newbie. Just bought a "GLITZ" cluster house...just wondering anyone bought the same series as me.....

Is ther any interesting news to share?

Regards
Jader..

Hi future neighbour !

I think your is phase 2. anyway no diff, phase 1 and 2 have the same design.

When exactly did you buy? Oct ?

Sorry no news to update, long time never been there since booking 5 months back.

The only good news is " The government gave the assurance that it will not impose toll on the Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) in Johor Baru after it takes over the expressway from the concessionaire, Malaysian Resources Corporation Berhad (MRCB)."

it just takes me 8 min drive from Malaysia custom (causeway) to Tropika :smile:

Just like to ask you what make you buy this property? in fact, there are many choices esp near Nusajaya or Bukit Indah