• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Tropika community

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all brothers and sisters,

Please share the great things in Setia Tropika, i am keen to find out and also like to share my own experience.

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi
After searching many properties from Nusajaya, Skudai ,Kempas, Tebrau, finally settled down in Setia Tropika. I 've just booked a unit in new precinct at Glitz @ Caranday last weekend. It 'really sell like hot cake as there is no showhouse, 3D model and fanciful brochure but more than 50% (less those Bumi lots) taken up in few weeks time. Base on simple 2D printout, my sis highlighted there is “fengshui” in the design. Hope to learn from all Pioneers in this forum.

Thank you very much.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Stevewish,

Congrats on your purchase!

My future neighbour, and hope to meetup or call me to help you out.

Let's contribute more to this thread too for more interested ST purchasers!

Hi
After searching many properties from Nusajaya, Skudai ,Kempas, Tebrau, finally settled down in Setia Tropika. I 've just booked a unit in new precinct at Glitz @ Caranday last weekend. It 'really sell like hot cake as there is no showhouse, 3D model and fanciful brochure but more than 50% (less those Bumi lots) taken up in few weeks time. Base on simple 2D printout, my sis highlighted there is “fengshui” in the design. Hope to learn from all Pioneers in this forum.

Thank you very much.

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon my ignorance..... I decided on a unit at Setia Eco Cascadia..... n had paid the booking fees and wat do I do now?

I had booked with the agent in their sales office here in Singapore.

Sorry if I hd posted in the wrong thread.... very very new here and hope all the brothers and sisters here can enlighten me please...... thank you thank you........

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i am same as you, but i decided to drop Setia Eco Cascadia and go for Tropika sub sale unit.

booking fees S$500 paid and refundable, according to their paper stated. and there is a date on it, before that date must inform them you withdraw and request for refund.

i actually book Hazel but feels that it is abit far from Woodlands checkpoint.

Advantage is definitely the fees are bonded by developer, excluding foreigner levy.

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi MovingAway....

Wat do u mean "fees are bonded by developer"?

I like tropika as well but was told there are no more units available.... and hence Cascadia.... they were saying tat is pretty near to the new expressway or something.... .... But i do like the surroundings at cascadia and I guess I had enuf of concrete buildings and not doing my "eyes" any good hee hee....

Or any kind soul here know how to get a unit at tropika? I had booked for The Hazel at Cascadia.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
The package that developer offered:

1) 0% interest until TOP
2) Bank and legal fees
3) SPA stamp duty
4) no agent fees need to pay

that's what i can think of so far...might miss out something

but these new development don't have free maintenance for two years,which offered in other developments.

btw did you went on Sunday morning too?

Hi MovingAway....

Wat do u mean "fees are bonded by developer"?

I like tropika as well but was told there are no more units available.... and hence Cascadia.... they were saying tat is pretty near to the new expressway or something.... .... But i do like the surroundings at cascadia and I guess I had enuf of concrete buildings and not doing my "eyes" any good hee hee....

Or any kind soul here know how to get a unit at tropika? I had booked for The Hazel at Cascadia.

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey hey MovingAway,

No i went to their sales office on Sat morning and I went to their show house on Monday.......

Kenken

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon my ignorance..... I decided on a unit at Setia Eco Cascadia..... n had paid the booking fees and wat do I do now?

I had booked with the agent in their sales office here in Singapore.

Sorry if I hd posted in the wrong thread.... very very new here and hope all the brothers and sisters here can enlighten me please...... thank you thank you........

Hey I also got a unit at Cascadia Oak Phase 1, Just received letter which state they completed 10% and requested a drawdown from the bank.
Actually as what moving out said, the benefit is that is the developer absorb almost all of the cost to own a units.
Too bad is really a bit far from the check points.
I also booked my unit in Singapore, I believe they have grant period for you to get your deposit back.

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Kenken,

I think I will stay with my decision on Cascadia cos I reali prefer to hve a place w "condo facilities"..... heehee...... and also I reali like all the greens surrounding it.

The only negative thing is tat the distance from the check points as mentioned in ur reply.

Infact I dun reali like the layout of The Hazel and reali wanted The Walnut..... but Walnut left with one unit and is kinda at the back of the development.

Had infact reali prefer Tropika also but then was looking for something with clubhse facilities ar......

Kenken

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Kenken,

I think I will stay with my decision on Cascadia cos I reali prefer to hve a place w "condo facilities"..... heehee...... and also I reali like all the greens surrounding it.

The only negative thing is tat the distance from the check points as mentioned in ur reply.

Infact I dun reali like the layout of The Hazel and reali wanted The Walnut..... but Walnut left with one unit and is kinda at the back of the development.

Had infact reali prefer Tropika also but then was looking for something with clubhse facilities ar......

Hi groovy,

I believe there some other development with club house as well. HH for example they have it as well.
HH will be closer to second link.
Maybe you can take a look if you are interested to have facilities.

My unit is very close to the clubhouse.
I also don’t like the open concept kitchen for oak, was thinking to shift the kitchen into the room instead.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Kenken,

The semi-ds and bungalows precint comes with clubhouse facilities... :smile: but maintenance fees is very high per month as well.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haiyo.... the semi-ds and bungalows I cannot afford lor..... Cascadia is currently abt RM$300 per month.....

semi-ds and bungalows RM550 per month. worth it if you use frequently esp large family, 3 generations:smile:

for me and spouse , use as weekend home, just need security to guard, RM100 per month. cluster house is good enough.

BTW, is there something like Sinking Fund (collect quarterly per year) , similar to Singapore condo?

Last edited:

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
semi-ds and bungalows RM550 per month. worth it if you use frequently esp large family, 3 generations:smile:

for me and spouse , use as weekend home, just need security to guard, RM100 per month. cluster house is good enough.

BTW, is there something like Sinking Fund (collect quarterly per year) , similar to Singapore condo?

Hai bad news p, have to give up the unit i offered(verbally) due to facing of maindoor not suitable for me.

But on a positive note, i will be viewing a corner and most suitable facing unit at SP, half the battle is won!

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
busy over the weekend, viewing the Seed at sutera.
their terrace and semi-D not bad but still too exp.
plus facing is morning sun front and afternoon sun back.
finally decided on setia tropika corner unit.