• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Tropika community

jayeho

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all setia tropic members,

would like to seek advice from all, regards to sell or hold my unit in Sky Peak?

presently jobless and not easy to get job due to health and age, but have rental income from my old flat in sg about S$1.3K.

coming July will get my key for the unit.
i am in consideration to sell or hold as this unit is for future retirement.

it will be a little burden, the cost incur
• monthly sinking fund, as i don't stay in the unit
• installment
• others (wonder any more, just to do include if i can't sell, need to pay for total sums)

wonder what are the range :
• rental in tropicka ? (who are the potential tenants, foreigners from other countries work in JB?)
• sinking fund ? (tenant pay for it ?)
• simple renovation cost (if to rent out)
• any utility fee (even if i don't stay in )
• others ?

new regulations for foreigners to buy property in Malaysia is RM1 mil.
• can i sell to foreigners below RM 1 mil. before getting key ?
• will local consider Setia Tropika, as there are many choices in the market now.
• What are the penalty from bank?

i am confuse, hopefully will hear good advice from you.

appreciate.

lowelkasey

Sis Crystal, heard from who ah? I have read alot of threads about this termite thingy and some forumers said that it happens when the land the house was built on was formerly forests (a specific type that is not ex rubber plantation). Does that mean all homes built on recently cleared land has this problem? I am vested in Bukit Indah (Cadenza), also developed by SP Setia, so I am also concerned about this. And since I already bought the place and am waiting for it to be completed, I want to know whats the best way to solve it should it occur. Anti termite treatment every year/5 years? Whats the cost? Anyone can share?

Btw Sis Crystal, we could be close neighbours soon even though we are from different development. I think my location at Jalan Indah 7 is just one street away from Jalan Idaman 8 (if I am not wrong you bought NI precint 8?) Actually I am very excited about moving to JB. So everytime I read how excited you are about going into JB, I can totally relate to it :smile:

Hi,

Pest control is a very handy thing to have – especially when the pest is termites. Termites can be the bane of any home owner’s existence, and many people would agree that these pests should be eliminated. To properly eliminate termites, and to gauge an estimation of termite treatment cost, it is important to understand a bit about these pests so you can attempt to determine the damage done to your home and how bad the infestation is.

How much termite treatment cost